Watch manufacturer volumes- Morgan Stanley

If this was stock market, and i put it all in Longines since 6 years ago (around the time i was start collecting watches) i think i would make a good bet there :)

Wow. Amazing data.
Most impressive on the yearly track is Tudor’s rise through the ranks.

Very surprised by the low market share of Tudor.

Very surprised by the low market share of Tudor.
They're moving in the right direction. And 2% compared to TAG's 3% isn't really that bad? The other thing this data shows is just how jam-packed and competitive a marketplace it really is.

Tudor not even in the top 20 in 2017 & 2018, then a jump to #18 and then #14. Must be the growing popularity of their Black Bay line.

Also, as much as it may pain @Jim Dollares, Breitling has steadily risen from #15 to #11 since Georges Kern took the helm in 2017.

Tudor not even in the top 20 in 2017 & 2018, then a jump to #18 and then #14. Must be the growing popularity of their Black Bay line.

Also, as much as it may pain @Jim Dollares, Breitling has steadily risen from #15 to #11 since Georges Kern took the helm in 2017.
Yup, you and the share holders are happy :thumbsup:

They're moving in the right direction. And 2% compared to TAG's 3% isn't really that bad? The other thing this data shows is just how jam-packed and competitive a marketplace it really is.
My recollection is that Tudor re-entered the US market in 2017. I believe that it was only in Asia (Europe?) before 2017.

Not Lady Gaga?! :confused:
BB58 is my next watch. Going to make it my daily driver while the Carreras stay at home.

BB58 is my next watch. Going to make it my daily driver while the Carreras stay at home.
BB58 is a great daily wearer. I wouldn't leave the Carreras at home too often, though.

I also think the BB collection combined with a huge marketing effort. Positioning Tudor as the slighly more playful and affordable Rolex alternative with a nod to vintage Rolex.
‘There’s a long waiting list for the Sub but we have these made by Rolex Tudors’
I think the BB looks better than the Sub to be honest.
Watch nuts for the most part embraced Tudor’s new line-up. Hard to assess whether the general public feels the same way of course. And that’s where the money is for these sub Rolex brands.

I also think the BB collection combined with a huge marketing effort. Positioning Tudor as the slighly more playful and affordable Rolex alternative with a nod to vintage Rolex.
‘There’s a long waiting list for the Sub but we have these made by Rolex Tudors’
I think the BB looks better than the Sub to be honest.
Watch nuts for the most part embraced Tudor’s new line-up. Hard to assess whether the general public feels the same way of course. And that’s where the money is for these sub Rolex brands.
I guess they have managed to appeal to the watch nuts like us (which gives respectability), but also drawn in the masses with their marketing and ambassadors. I have seen a lot of ads for Tudor in newspapers, magazines, everywhere really, over the past few years.

And I agree with you that the BB58 looks better than the sub, which in my opinion is now too chunky (even with the newer slimmer lugs). Give me a vintage Sub any day, though. I also reckon the BB58 can appeal to both older and younger buyers - it's more colourful and playful, yet also has a vintage style about it. Clever. Also helps that it's very well made and has an in-house movement with 70+ hour power reserve!

Also helps that it's very well made and has an in-house movement with 70+ hour power reserve!
And relatively cheap

Nice choice! I absolutely love mine and it's a great daily wearer. :thumbsup:
Now you have the tough decision on deciding on the OG black dial or blue dial. Both look great!

Nice choice! I absolutely love mine and it's a great daily wearer. :thumbsup:
Now you have the tough decision on deciding on the OG black dial or blue dial. Both look great!
Indeed. Might also be worth waiting and seeing if Tudor announce anything tasty soon.

Indeed. Might also be worth waiting and seeing if Tudor announce anything tasty soon.
Wish they'd announce a new bracelet without rivets. That part I don't like.

Exactly. BB36 much better

I think most would prefer without (unless of course they were functional). But honestly, you don't really notice them on the wrist and nobody else would unless they got up close with the watch. The watch also works really well on the Vanguard rubber strap or a nice suede or leather band.