The mess of Tag Heuer collections

Okay, they could drop the TAG part of the name... but would you accept a Camouflage dial Aquaracer or a Connected as a 'Heuer'?
Or in this utopian vision are Heuer then only making Monacos, Silverstones and (old school) Carreras...:whistling:
I would have no problem with innovative products branded 'Heuer'. Heuer was innovative and Avantgarde way before TAG took over. The Monaco itself is perfect proof of this. Heuer wouldn't have to keep TAG on the Brand to stay innovative. They could just make a slogan out of it, like the 'don't crack under pressure' motto. E.g. 'Heuer - Traditionally Avantgarde'!
Edited:

Okay, they could drop the TAG part of the name... but would you accept a Camouflage dial Aquaracer or a Connected as a 'Heuer'?
Or in this utopian vision are Heuer then only making Monacos, Silverstones and (old school) Carreras...:whistling:
Would love to see the reactions after the presentation of a Heuer F1 Alec Monopoly edition :cool:

Would love to see the reactions after the presentation of a Heuer F1 Alec Monopoly edition :cool:
Interestingly the Alec Monopoly F1 watches are an exception, in that they don't carry the Logos at all (but only written capital letters TAG HEUER).

Interestingly the Alec Monopoly F1 watches are an exception, in that they don't carry the Logos at all (but only written capital letters TAG HEUER).
Aaaah thats true, did not even think about that :whistling:

That's because you're a watch enthusiast. The average man on the street who just wants a nice looking watch probably doesn't get it. It would be easier for him to understand if it was like Lexus and Toyota, but it isn't...
Yep, every mere mortal I know just calls them "Tags."

Might look something like this: 20190718_204251.jpg

But, at the end of the day, we don’t need them, just wander through the pages of posts and pictures here and you’ll find the watch you desire along with an honest opinion about it, job done, all without leaving the house/work/pub.:)::rimshot::.

Might look something like this: 20190718_204251.jpg
Well done, actually looks kinda nice. Finally an Alec Monpoly edition for the purists! :D

Was browsing the Tag Heuer website the other day which is something I usually avoid since it is very slow and annoying to navigate it. However, it really hit me how some of the presentation of the collections really makes no sense.

snip

Do you agree or am I exaggerating?

All the best! //Jim

I completely agree. An excellent analysis of a truly awful and deeply confused, one might even say troubled, web site.

I would not class the Calibre 12 Monaco as Heritage since it has the crown on the right and, as you said, has a TAG Heuer logo.

You've got a really good memory! I forgot I even posted about the GT40 mistake before. LOL.
;) Glad I can keep everyone honest!

it really hit me how some of the presentation of the collections really makes no sense. For us fellow nerds in this place it might not be an issue but what about "normal" people just looking to get a nice watch.

Its not just the presentation, its the collections themselves. I suspect that this mess is OK with the traditional market, they window shop or walk into a store, but with anyone trying to decide what they want online or even buy online, it's a mess.

Will be interesting to see what the new TH boss does, love our hate the skeleton carreras, biver certainly tried to move the brand on, whereas the last two years of launches has been very staid.

Its not just the presentation, its the collections themselves. I suspect that this mess is OK with the traditional market, they window shop or walk into a store, but with anyone trying to decide what they want online or even buy online, it's a mess.

Will be interesting to see what the new TH boss does, love our hate the skeleton carreras, biver certainly tried to move the brand on, whereas the last two years of launches has been very staid.
Yes i totally agree, at least when it comes to Carrera the collection is a mess that makes no sense

Speaking of Carrera, weren't we supposed to be getting a new Grand Carrera in 2019?

Speaking of Carrera, weren't we supposed to be getting a new Grand Carrera in 2019?
Yes but me personally hope it will not happen. Have not seen anything more about it though so maybe plans changed with recent changes in management

Yes but me personally hope it will not happen. Have not seen anything more about it though so maybe plans changed with recent changes in management

I thought it was going to be the platform for the vibrating new movement?

I can tell you that the website is getting a major upgrade over the next few months...that should clear things up.

As for the collections themselves, I guess that we are at the start of a transformation of the collection. The Autavia watch and chronograph are the first real new watches under the new team, and you can see from the 50th Anniversary watches that the new team are not that interested in copying the past...can't wait to see what comes up in Basel next year.

I can tell you that the website is getting a major upgrade over the next few months...that should clear things up.

As for the collections themselves, I guess that we are at the start of a transformation of the collection. The Autavia watch and chronograph are the first real new watches under the new team, and you can see from the 50th Anniversary watches that the new team are not that interested in copying the past...can't wait to see what comes up in Basel next year.

:) I'm hoping the fifty years of the Monaco/Moon Landing marks the 'climax' of the endless re-issues and we can start looking forward again.