TH50-00

Well, I for one won't be opening up my Solargraph - ignorance is bliss and yeah I agree with Doug. The idea that your watch is getting 'serviced' like in the old days is fanciful at this end of the market.
No need! I asked for one from my TAG Heuer rep for my store. It's made by LJP, totally different than the E168 everyone is speculating it's based on.

TAG just fit a new calibre 5 movement and return the watch and the old movement to the customer.

There’s another thread talking about the provenance of the solar movements, which asserted it was a citizen movement. Personally I don’t see much difference between spending $2000 on a watch with a $100 selita movement and spending $2000 on a watch with a $50 citizen movement. Except there’s a decent chance the citizen one will still work in a years time.

I guess you guys have good points. I like to service my own quartz watches, so I might just have to do some research before I buy. I do know that most people aren’t looking service their own watches, so I can see why this isn’t such a big deal to people.

It will be a little while before I can service my own mechanical watches. But I’m glad that TAG at least will send back the original movement
Just as a contrasting data point, I sent my wife's Calibre 5-based watch in to TH for servicing a few months ago and asked them to return all old parts. I received the watch back with a little baggy of old seals and gaskets, but no old movement. And, the movement looks identical inside the case (took lots of pictures beforehand, just in case). So, I'm assuming they actually serviced the old movement rather than replacing it.

Just as a contrasting data point, I sent my wife's Calibre 5-based watch in to TH for servicing a few months ago and asked them to return all old parts. I received the watch back with a little baggy of old seals and gaskets, but no old movement. And, the movement looks identical inside the case (took lots of pictures beforehand, just in case). So, I'm assuming they actually serviced the old movement rather than replacing it.

was it actually faulty?

was it actually faulty?
No, it seemed to be running just fine. However, it was 12 years old and no history of ever being serviced, so I decided to send it in before giving it to my wife -- nothing says "living life on the ragged edge" like giving a gift to my wife and then immediately taking it away.... :eek: :( (could have been hazardous to my health! :whipped: )

No, it seemed to be running just fine. However, it was 12 years old and no history of ever being serviced, so I decided to send it in before giving it to my wife -- nothing says "living life on the ragged edge" like giving a gift to my wife and then immediately taking it away.... :eek: :( (could have been hazardous to my health! :whipped: )
Maybe they just ran it on the time grapher, realised it ran splendidly and sent it back :cool:

Maybe they just ran it on the time grapher, realised it ran splendidly and sent it back :cool:
I hope not. I paid (quite a bit) for a full service, I hope (expect) I got a full service. And it took a full month from when they said parts arrived until they said it was done, but who knows how long they just let it sit waiting.
Edited:

No need! I asked for one from my TAG Heuer rep for my store. It's made by LJP, totally different than the E168 everyone is speculating it's based on.
I really hope so! I really want one lol.

Indeed. Nothing more luxurious than 'getting the call'.... and even then I understand they still feel the need to pressure sell it.