TAG Was Stolen Enroute to Central Europe Service Centre

Seriously. read my post. I wanted to understand what the true process was so that I fully have all the information, so that I would be able to pass this information on, if anyone else had the same issue. What don't you understand?
Well you did make false claims in this thread, like saying that your watch's current market value is 5150, which is simply not true. The CT2111 is worth approx. 900 in today's market.

And pretty much every reply you posted come across as rude and as if you're annoyed with everyone trying to help you.

This thread should probably be closed now. But I really want to hear what the lawyer says...
::popcorn::

I went to respond to your reply to be @shyboy but I read in and noticed others felt the same and advised you so eloquently that I needn’t bother.

You came for opinions from a watch enthusiast forum and got exactly that. You didn’t go to a legal forum from your own country and it appears that you haven’t paid for legal advice in order to demand facts, as you say.

I do find your handle amusing though, considering you appear anything but.

I suspect we won’t hear back with any good news from your alleged lawyer and if we do, we are unlikely to believe it after your outbursts anyway.

Good luck…

IMG_5191.jpeg IMG_5192.jpeg IMG_5193.jpeg

Okay, so I am interested to know why you didn't accept their offer to build you a new like for like watch, I mean surely that's a win win, you get exactly the same watch back but brand new and presumably with a two year warranty.

My wife isn't a lawyer, but she is OBSESSED with consumer rights and she said TAG's obligation is to restore you to your original position - the offer of the same watch seems to meet that brief, even though you didn't choose it I reckon a court would agree that was as much as could be expected.

But of course this is just an opinion. Not facts.

As an aside, I was just thinking, what if you had bought a Rolex on the grey market for double its RRP and the same thing happened. I can't see Rolex re-imbursing double the value, can you?

My wife isn't a lawyer, but she is OBSESSED with consumer rights and she said TAG's obligation is to restore you to your original position
So basically what I already said. But of course that was just opinon too because I'm not a lawyer.

Yeah but are you obsessed with consumer rights? Because that's almost as good as being a lawyer. I mean she reads every consumer rights thread on every site you can think of. She could probably take a law exam tomorrow and pass...!

Probably.
Your wife is so amazing. This is just my opinion of course, I am not a trained wife professional. Give her my best.

Hmm, I feel like we may never discover the facts of this extremely challenging case now.

Let's go through the things we learnt and close this out:
1. Watches get stolen in transit even when shipped through DHL (this is not news to me, but still)
2. TAG offers compensation for a lost watch based on the purchase price of the watch
3. It's best to hire a lawyer or a consumer rights group if you think you've been wronged by the company.
4. Be respectful to the forum members, we will try to help but our human nature will force us to digress from the topic and we will provide you with free advice that you didn't ask for

Let's call it the end of this topic shall we

1. Watches get stolen in transit even when shipped through DHL (this is not news to me, but still)

Oh yes, we know this all right... see the tale of the light fingered UPS driver.