TAG Heuer Photo Gallery- Share your Photos

It’s a great watch, I’m just a nag who wanted a whiter dial. I’ll get there

...and now with a little AC tweak/twist 😁
Hi Abel!
So you changed the hands for the chrono and the sub-registers. Anything else?

Hi Abel!
So you changed the hands for the chrono and the sub-registers. Anything else?
No...only the 3 subreg hands and the central chrono secs hand. Now...if I would find a spare "glass box" case somewhere I would be trying and get a plexi in there too instead of the rather dreadful Glassbox. I remember being at TH in LCDF when I first saw the Glassbox before it was showed to the public...and the internal discussions at TH related to the glassbox, quite a lot and heavy. Still cannot understand they have put it in production like that actually. But then again, it makes it quite specific and it is what it is...On the Panda it certainly is a bit more acceptable than some other. And then...beggars can't be choosers 👍

A plexi in there or lower crystal would certainly be an upgrade. The biggest gain would be a visibly wider dial.

No...only the 3 subreg hands and the central chrono secs hand. Now...if I would find a spare "glass box" case somewhere I would be trying and get a plexi in there too instead of the rather dreadful Glassbox. I remember being at TH in LCDF when I first saw the Glassbox before it was showed to the public...and the internal discussions at TH related to the glassbox, quite a lot and heavy. Still cannot understand they have put it in production like that actually. But then again, it makes it quite specific and it is what it is...On the Panda it certainly is a bit more acceptable than some other. And then...beggars can't be choosers 👍
Exactly! I've been saying that for years, since the introduction of the glassbox with the Telemeter.
proxy.php
483399-f6fd96528539b67da26d2e5ee1c32a37.jpg

I am eager to see the revised domed crystal TH is using in the new 39mm case. Hopefully they'll have addressed some of the shortcomings, but we'll see.

I don’t know how you do it Hubert but those milky rings are something else

I like it least from a top down view, but from other angles I feel it adds depth and beauty to the dial. So a bit of a mixed bag for me, compared to a flatter crystal. I would've been happier with a plexi domed crystal, but it is what it is. Just thankful that TAG ended the series on a high note with the panda. 😀

Not so bad on the dato

EF82E914-7A10-44CC-8FB9-9AEB2DD7950D.jpeg
Yeah, it really never bothers me much on the Dato. Seem to notice the ring more on the Panda. I think silver dials and white chapter rings tend to make the edge look a bit more milky due to the reflection of the color perhaps.
Edited:

It doesn’t bother me and I don’t seem to notice it until someone points it out here usually I am looking at it not directly and I really enjoy the distortion and movement the domed sapphire gives. I know that the plexiglass is liked by many for its retro aesthetic but I like these reissues for the mix of vintage look with modern reliability

For the strap fetishists... @Yago in particular...

Have a custom made orange Alligator here now for another project (22mm)...and @Yago thought a combo with the Panda would actually turn out nice...and it is...but very tricky to capture the true "orange" on photo...

Cheers,
abel.
Edited:

For the strap fetishists... @Yago in particular...

Have a custom made orange Alligator here now for another project (22mm)...and @Yago thought a combo with the Panda would actually turn out nice...and it is...but very tricky to capture the true "orange" on photo...

Cheers,
abel.
Nice, but I think the orange strap would pair better with a Gulf model. 😉