Forums Latest Members
  1. kappa_md

kappa_md Jun 27, 2021

No issues with mine either! And I have 4! ;)
    *Heuer Monaco Calibre 11 SMQ
    *Heuer Monaco Calibre 11 Vintage
    *TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 (same movement)
    *Heuer Silverstone Calibre 11
    Do we have the same exact movement with a left hand crown in other watch makers? If none, I’d say the Monaco Calibre 11 is a UNIQUE movement! :thumbsup:

2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 28, 2021

Really? This is interesting, all we hear and read online is that 'in-house' is more expensive for the manufacturers

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 28, 2021

I say this mainly due to volumes- Heuer 02 now used across several series, but only a few thousand Calibre 11s being made

4. kappa_md

kappa_md Jun 28, 2021

Just because it’s not in-house, sometimes the movement is seen as “low quality & inexpensive..” :eek::eek:

And people use it to justify the price :rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 28, 2021

I remember a couple of years ago TAG Heuer telling me that Sellita movements were more expensive that the equivalent ETA movement- which is not the public perception.

kappa_md likes this.
  6. robob

robob Jun 29, 2021

In at least one thread someone said the Sellita is only $20.

Good to know it is reliable. I thought it might be. How is the timekeeping?
    Thanks,
    Robert

7. Gee44

Gee44 Oct 26, 2021

Has anyone any experience of the calibre 5? I’m looking at an aquaracer with this movement and wondering if it’s a decent one. Never had an automatic watch and it will only be used at weekends. Are these fine with being used intermittently or would a watch winder be favoured rather than leaving it to stop then restarting it.

8. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Oct 26, 2021

Have a look at the Calibre 5 Post earlier last week. There is a fair bit of opinion in it that might help you out.
    If I knew how to pin it here I would.
    Enjoy the search.

9. Beau05

Beau05 Dec 18, 2021

Im after some expert opinions on the time keeping of my Tag Carrera Cal 16, if anyone could please help! It’s running fast at about 20 secs per day, I had read it may be due to magnetism. I tested this by hovering the watch over a compass and the needle moved slightly. Do you know what’s the expected tolerance for ETA in cal 16 and what the issues (if there are) with magnetised watches? Any help would be much appreciated before I return it to Tag as I have only had the watch 5 months!

10. imagwai

imagwai Dec 18, 2021

See below extract from the TAG Heuer website. +20 secs is right on the borderline. But the movement can obviously do better. If it's only 5 months old, I'd ask TAG to regulate it for you.

https://faq.tagheuer.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/What-is-an-automatic-movement

"The accuracy of TAG Heuer watches depends on several factors, including the type of movement and conditions of use. The following list shows TAG Heuer average tolerance given by the Swiss movement suppliers (based on normal conditions, and full power reserve for automatics):

Quartz movement: between -1 and +11 seconds per month
    Standard automatic: between -5 and +20 seconds per day
    Chronometer: between -4 and +6 seconds per day

A TAG Heuer watchmaker can carry out a maintenance service to adjust the timing rate of an automatic movement if it is performing outside these tolerances."

Beau05 likes this.
  11. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 18, 2021

If the precision of the watch suddenly got worse, potentially maybe magnetized. I think you can easily buy a cheap demagnetizer on amazon and try to see if it helps, never tried one myself though but have seen others report it works

Beau05 likes this.
  12. Beau05

Beau05 Dec 18, 2021

Thanks for your thoughts guys! I recently started to notice it since going through an airport scanner which could be the culprit. I’ll look into a demagnetiser. Thanks again!

paysdoufs likes this.
  13. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Dec 19, 2021

I put the Lepsi app on the iPad and have a £4 demagnetiser, they seem to work, minimal outlay iPad shows magnetism present, a swift workout on the blue box then recheck and hey presto all good. AD has a big fancy demagnetiser that appears to work the same. Ships from the local dockyard sailed out over electrical cables on the river bed before going to sea in wartime, although they called it ‘degaussing’, similar process?

akong71, thingziliketoo and Beau05 like this.
  14. akong71

akong71 Dec 21, 2021

I used the exact same tools to check and demagnetize my wife's automatic Tissot. Seems to work!

Beau05 likes this.
  15. Beau05

Beau05 Dec 21, 2021

According to the app my watch is magnetised so hopefully a demagnetiser will sort it! Thanks again all, it’s much appreciated!

Jim Dollares likes this.
  16. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Dec 21, 2021

Hope it works for you.

17. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 9, 2022

Albert-AMG likes this.