TAG Heuer Movement Guide

No issues with mine either! And I have 4! 😉
*Heuer Monaco Calibre 11 SMQ
*Heuer Monaco Calibre 11 Vintage
*TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 (same movement)
*Heuer Silverstone Calibre 11
Do we have the same exact movement with a left hand crown in other watch makers? If none, I’d say the Monaco Calibre 11 is a UNIQUE movement! 👍

I'd bet that it costs more per unit than the Heuer 02
Really? This is interesting, all we hear and read online is that 'in-house' is more expensive for the manufacturers

Really? This is interesting, all we hear and read online is that 'in-house' is more expensive for the manufacturers
I say this mainly due to volumes- Heuer 02 now used across several series, but only a few thousand Calibre 11s being made

Just because it’s not in-house, sometimes the movement is seen as “low quality & inexpensive..” 😲😲

And people use it to justify the price 🙄🙄

I remember a couple of years ago TAG Heuer telling me that Sellita movements were more expensive that the equivalent ETA movement- which is not the public perception.

In at least one thread someone said the Sellita is only $20.

Good to know it is reliable. I thought it might be. How is the timekeeping?
Thanks,
Robert

Has anyone any experience of the calibre 5? I’m looking at an aquaracer with this movement and wondering if it’s a decent one. Never had an automatic watch and it will only be used at weekends. Are these fine with being used intermittently or would a watch winder be favoured rather than leaving it to stop then restarting it.

Has anyone any experience of the calibre 5? I’m looking at an aquaracer with this movement and wondering if it’s a decent one. Never had an automatic watch and it will only be used at weekends. Are these fine with being used intermittently or would a watch winder be favoured rather than leaving it to stop then restarting it.

Have a look at the Calibre 5 Post earlier last week. There is a fair bit of opinion in it that might help you out.
If I knew how to pin it here I would.
Enjoy the search.

Im after some expert opinions on the time keeping of my Tag Carrera Cal 16, if anyone could please help! It’s running fast at about 20 secs per day, I had read it may be due to magnetism. I tested this by hovering the watch over a compass and the needle moved slightly. Do you know what’s the expected tolerance for ETA in cal 16 and what the issues (if there are) with magnetised watches? Any help would be much appreciated before I return it to Tag as I have only had the watch 5 months!

Im after some expert opinions on the time keeping of my Tag Carrera Cal 16, if anyone could please help! It’s running fast at about 20 secs per day, I had read it may be due to magnetism. I tested this by hovering the watch over a compass and the needle moved slightly. Do you know what’s the expected tolerance for ETA in cal 16 and what the issues (if there are) with magnetised watches? Any help would be much appreciated before I return it to Tag as I have only had the watch 5 months!

See below extract from the TAG Heuer website. +20 secs is right on the borderline. But the movement can obviously do better. If it's only 5 months old, I'd ask TAG to regulate it for you.

https://faq.tagheuer.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/What-is-an-automatic-movement

"The accuracy of TAG Heuer watches depends on several factors, including the type of movement and conditions of use. The following list shows TAG Heuer average tolerance given by the Swiss movement suppliers (based on normal conditions, and full power reserve for automatics):

Quartz movement: between -1 and +11 seconds per month
Standard automatic: between -5 and +20 seconds per day
Chronometer: between -4 and +6 seconds per day

A TAG Heuer watchmaker can carry out a maintenance service to adjust the timing rate of an automatic movement if it is performing outside these tolerances."

If the precision of the watch suddenly got worse, potentially maybe magnetized. I think you can easily buy a cheap demagnetizer on amazon and try to see if it helps, never tried one myself though but have seen others report it works

Thanks for your thoughts guys! I recently started to notice it since going through an airport scanner which could be the culprit. I’ll look into a demagnetiser. Thanks again!

I put the Lepsi app on the iPad and have a £4 demagnetiser, they seem to work, minimal outlay iPad shows magnetism present, a swift workout on the blue box then recheck and hey presto all good. AD has a big fancy demagnetiser that appears to work the same. Ships from the local dockyard sailed out over electrical cables on the river bed before going to sea in wartime, although they called it ‘degaussing’, similar process?

I put the Lepsi app on the iPad and have a £4 demagnetiser, they seem to work, minimal outlay iPad shows magnetism present, a swift workout on the blue box then recheck and hey presto all good. AD has a big fancy demagnetiser that appears to work the same. Ships from the local dockyard sailed out over electrical cables on the river bed before going to sea in wartime, although they called it ‘degaussing’, similar process?

I used the exact same tools to check and demagnetize my wife's automatic Tissot. Seems to work!

I used the exact same tools to check and demagnetize my wife's automatic Tissot. Seems to work!
According to the app my watch is magnetised so hopefully a demagnetiser will sort it! Thanks again all, it’s much appreciated!

Can anyone tell me what calibre is in the s/el automatic chronograph from the late 90’s?
I have one, just curious as to what’s in it.

I may have an issue with my formula 1. The stopwatch arm seems to not make all of its little ticks and has to make larger ones every so often to stay on time. You can see it around the 15 second mark and just before the 25 second mark. Is this normal? It's brand new, I bought it yesterday.

I may have an issue with my formula 1. The stopwatch arm seems to not make all of its little ticks and has to make larger ones every so often to stay on time. You can see it around the 15 second mark and just before the 25 second mark. Is this normal? It's brand new, I bought it yesterday.
The watch might have sat for a while before you bought it, and may just need a chance to just "break in" for a bit. If it were me, I'd let it run for a while (maybe an hour or so) and see if it gets better with some "exercise".

Where did you buy it? From a boutique or AD? You could consider taking it back and either returning it or exchanging it for another.