TAG HEUER MONACO with 02 Movement

Hi everyone. Ive not been on here for a while. I last posted about whether the new monaco with 02 movement was better than calibre 12 but taken plunge and ordered one as I do like the idea of an in house movement. Should get the watch in a few days and hopefully I will not be dissapointed
Edited:

I would go for the calibre 12, or rather the cal 11 for nicer design :cool: Better price point and a more sophisticated movement. The Heuer02 is terribly loud with a rotor spinning 200 km/h as soon as you move your arm. When the room is silent I have gotten questions "what the hell is that strange sound?". Not kidding. Also when moving you can feel a strong wobble from the movement, something I personally dont think pairs well with a luxury watch in these high price points.

I would go for the calibre 12, or rather the cal 11 for nicer design :cool: Better price point and a more sophisticated movement. The Heuer02 is terribly loud with a rotor spinning 200 km/h as soon as you move your arm. When the room is silent I have gotten questions "what the hell is that strange sound?". Not kidding. Also when moving you can feel a strong wobble from the movement, something I personally dont think pairs well with a luxury watch in these high price points.
When I get it I will see as not been able to go into a shop and try one on. I did like my calibre 12 one but movement seized up on holiday. Just one of those things

When I get it I will see as not been able to go into a shop and try one on. I did like my calibre 12 one but movement seized up on holiday. Just one of those things
Ok yes the standard movements can have some issues. Heuer02 had a lot of problems in early production, most of it probably fixed by now but only time will tell if its a reliable movement for many years

I would agree with Jim's advice above. Ignoring movement for a second, the Calibre 12 is the definitive Monaco from a looks point of view. The Heuer 02 movement is technically better being a modern column-wheel chronograph with an 80 hour power reserve. But it is noisy.

I would agree with Jim's advice above. Ignoring movement for a second, the Calibre 12 is the definitive Monaco from a looks point of view. The Heuer 02 movement is technically better being a modern column-wheel chronograph with an 80 hour power reserve. But it is noisy.
How noisy as I'm wearing an omega seamaster co axial and I can hear that but I can live with that

You wouldnt believe how loud it is. I can record a video, the world needs to know what it means when people say loud rotor. I have never tried a watch with a similar characteristic as this movement.

You wouldnt believe how loud it is. I can record a video, the world needs to know what it means when people say loud rotor. I have never tried a watch with a similar characteristic as this movement.
I will see if I can find a video on YouTube as if it’s silly loud I will cancel. I thought I’d treat myself and get a chronograph but don’t want to spend more than £5000 ish. I initially wanted an omega racing but too expensive and did love my monaco calibre 12

To be fair, my Calibre 18 Carrera is equally noisy. Just that the rotor doesn't spin for quite so long as the Heuer02. I have an untested theory that sapphire casebacks somehow amplify the noise from the movement. On my steel caseback watches, it's harder to hear what's going on inside.

I will see if I can find a video on YouTube as if it’s silly loud I will cancel. I thought I’d treat myself and get a chronograph but don’t want to spend more than £5000 ish. I initially wanted an omega racing but too expensive and did love my monaco calibre 12
If you're not wedded to Tag Heuer, then might a suggest you look at the Zenith El Primero?

To be fair, my Calibre 18 Carrera is equally noisy. Just that the rotor doesn't spin for quite so long as the Heuer02. I have an untested theory that sapphire casebacks somehow amplify the noise from the movement. On my steel caseback watches, it's harder to hear what's going on inside.
So you kep saying but my Heuer01 with display caseback is not as loud

So you kep saying but my Heuer01 with display caseback is not as loud
It's a theory. I could be completely wrong. I have not owned that many display back watches before.

I now have my own Youtube channel. Let the influencing begin, soon millions of subscribers shall join my silver dial religion.

Well you don't need to buy one of these to have fun.
download.jpg

Mine is pretty much the same as that. Maybe slightly smoother, and I haven't really noticed any wrist wobble, but it's hard to tell from your video just how loud it is in real life. I'm getting used to it. And at least I know that my 80 hour power reserve is always full!

I now have my own Youtube channel. Let the influencing begin, soon millions of subscribers shall join my silver dial religion.
Subscribed :)