TAG Heuer Edge Prototype

lol I don't think a prototype could ever be figured out. Seems like you have a prototype OF a prototype.

A retired worker at Tag Heuer told me that Tag Heuer used to test new design by making non labeled and non logo watches that some selected few used for a limited time. Then they returned those watches with a report containing whatever reactions they got from the public. Or at least they were supposed to return the watches) I have not had this info confirmed, but if they did, these 2 watches with traces of use might be a prototype of a prototype as you surgest. That is if you considered the Edge to be a prototype (I don't). These two watches have nothing outside to indicate they are Tag Heuer, but they bouth have signed movements.

I do not consider most of the Edge's out there to be prototypes. All the parts for the production watches was made when the project was scrapped. Most of the watches out there are made from those production parts, making them non factory mounted production watches. Some parts like the hands are nearly impossible to find, so most of the watches have non original hands. (The Edge was never intended to have Mercedes hands, so a Edge with mercedes hands are not a factory build or later modified). I do not see anything wrong in making a watch from parts, and if the correct hands can not be found, then use some other hands! That do make them non factory mount tho or even frankenwatches, but not prototypes. Personally I would rather wear a uncommon semi-original frankenwatch then a aquaracer that anyone can buy at the store, or a obviously expensive Monaco that sends all the wrong signals. (Yes, I have a Monaco and a few Aquaracers, but they are nearly ever used. I'd rather use the franken-tag-heuer on this picture) Resized_20230428_180505.jpeg
(If anyone can spot all the different models this watch is made from, you impress me!)

But there really are a few true factory build Edge's out there. The blue chrono posted by Juzzi in this forum might be one of them. That one even have the reference number stamped and a seriesnumber engraved, just the way TH used to do that in the late 1990's. I'm pretty sure this is one of the few factory mounts.
The main designer (Barth N) has a factory original chrono with a black numbered dial that you'll find a picture of on the calibre11 article. He got this watch from Tag Heuer as a gift.
I have seen pictures of another watch that apears to have all the correct parts. Having all the correct parts does not make it a factory build, but it increases the probability.
They also made a few watches used for the pictures in the comersials. And they just had to make a few pre production prototypes. (Amoung other I have a jumbo case with more room inside that fit a automatic movement - my guess is that this is a prototype case) I really do not know for sure, but these 2 watches without any visible logo might be a pre production prototype to test the public reaction. I do not find it likely, but it might be made from unfinished parts from the subcontractors? I really do not know for sure, but if anyone do know anything, please reply.