Forums Latest Members
  1. Feanor

Feanor Jul 23, 2021

The hardware can definitely last for five years, if you take good care of it and the watch can do in five years what it can do now.
    The software support will definitely not last five years. After one or two years, be sure that the watch will get no software support any longer.

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  2. clarkey12

clarkey12 Jul 24, 2021

Final question, after 2 years will the watch still function as a smart watch?

3. Feanor

Feanor Jul 24, 2021

Of course; as long as you don't break it, damage it in any way and keep good care of the battery and screen, it will continue working like the first day of purchase.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  4. clarkey12

clarkey12 Jul 24, 2021

Thanks, I’ve got a couple of TAG watches that I love, I just don’t want this to become a paperweight after a couple of years

5. Feanor

Feanor Jul 24, 2021

I don't think that you run this danger because of the lack of software support. Usually people that give up their smartwatches are people that try them and discover that they don't care about smartwatches (usually they cannot bother with charging them). If you like your smartwatch, the lack of updates won't be a problem.

neowatch and Albert-AMG like this.
  6. cwsbbb

cwsbbb Jul 24, 2021

Was actually researching these and considering buying one but to read of this has turned me off.

7. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 25, 2021

Then you only can buy the TH Gen2 Connected Modular 45 plus one (or some) of its mechanical
    modules. When the digital module becomes obsolete in the future, you will always be able to enjoy its lugs, straps, buckles, bracelets… with the mechanical modules, so your investment will never become a paperweight… this is the reason of the motto #connectedtoeternity for Gen2 Modular :thumbsup:

87F02793-BAE9-4A8F-9DB0-ACEB77C50758.jpeg

Edited Jul 25, 2021
    zozomester, Iñaki and neowatch like this.
  8. neowatch

neowatch Jul 25, 2021

exactly Albert . To my knowledge this is the only watch ever produced where you can switch between electronic heads and 3 types of mechanical heads. It’s an amazing idea. Those of us lucky enough to have the set which you have shown above are well covered for the future. I would love to see new mechanical heads produced like a Heuer 02 or aquaracer type head, unfortunately Tag has gone down the path of the Gen 3 which is just a very expensive smart watch made of steel in China. They had a great opportunity to develop the gen 2 so much more.

9. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 25, 2021

Totally agree @neowatch :thumbsup:

Being the TH Connected part of the Carrera family, possibly only Carrera mechanical modules were possible and not an Aquaracer module, but a Carrera Heuer 01 or Heuer 02 skeleton module would have been very nice to increase the Modular collection ;). Too bad the Tourbillon module is so expensive! ::facepalm2:: :D

neowatch likes this.
  10. BMW Works

BMW Works Jul 26, 2021

I have the cm45 from 2017. Still works perfect. Do not use it as a smartwatch. Just like the design and the faces thanks to all the members that posted them here. I even keep airplane mode active most of the time to preserve battery life and have no issue with that. Its simply beautiful as a watch. I do not wait for a major update.. Because I think the watch has no HW capabilities for more features. Even the original features are laggish and nothing is crisp.. But again. I do not care. I need a watch.. And enjoy the look. If I ll need a really smart one.. I ll buy Huawei gt2 Pro.

11. Feanor

Feanor Jul 27, 2021

Are you sure that your Connected 45 is not smarter than the Huawei GT2 Pro? The Connected uses Wear OS, which is a fully fledged smartwatch OS, whereas the GT2 Pro uses LiteOS, which is a Realtime lightweight OS with great battery life, but very limited functionality. My friend bought one of these only to realize that it didn't support his native language and thus wasn't receiving messages. These Chinese manufacturers try to target one to one popularized features like battery life and fitness tracking, but leave out everything else in the process.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  12. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Jul 27, 2021

I have a Ticwatch Pro 3 and find it's the best smartwatch I've owned. Fast with the the 4100 Chip and great battery life. Doesn't look as good as the TAG Connected though.

13. BMW Works

BMW Works Jul 27, 2021

Had a lot of watches. Samsung Huawei garmin. Belive me gt2 Pro rules. But.. That's not the point of our discussion here. Just wanted to point that I don't care about smartness. It would be nice but not important

14. cassis

cassis Nov 14, 2021

Can't wait for TH to launch a 4100+ version of the Connected.... hopefully. Such a gap in performance and efficiency.

Capture d’écran 2021-11-12 à 20.44.24.png
    neowatch likes this.
  15. neowatch

neowatch Nov 14, 2021

I will be suprised if they will. Their best connected was and still is the Gen 2, with its proper tag DNA and ability to swap out any part of it. The gen 3 was just an expensive iteration of all the others on the market. I really don’t know why they didn’t just create new heads for the gen 2.

16. Feanor

Feanor Nov 14, 2021

I hope they'll actually skip the 4100+ and release a watch with the yet-to-be-announced 5100. The 4100+ is still not at the same level as the SoC that Samsung uses. Also the 4100+ was developed prior to the announcement of the latest Wear OS 3 release, so the next 5100 will be the first wearable SoC from Snapdragon built with Wear OS 3 in mind. It will be bad again if TAG Heuer releases a new Connected with the 4100+ just before the 5100 is announced (as they did with the current Connected, which they released with the 3100 just a couple of months before the 4100+ was announced).

17. cassis

cassis Nov 14, 2021

That would be even better as I planning to get a Gen 3 forX-mas ;-)

18. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 14, 2021

100% agree :thumbsup:

I guess the answer to your last question is that new TH management -after JC Biver- wanted more profit per Connected watch sold (also making it in China) than they had with the Swiss Made and Modular Gen2, which for sure was more expensive to produce. So more profit per watch, but not taking in account their existing Gen2 customers, and making a much less special and unique smartwatch, without a #connectedtoeternity future proof program

I was very disappointed with Gen3, and I would like them to solve it with a Gen4 that is again something more than an ordinary smartwatch, and that justifies its price… but I have little confidence that it will be Swiss Made again and with such a brilliant concept as Gen2 Modular.

BMW Works and neowatch like this.
  19. neowatch

neowatch Nov 14, 2021

I would only buy a gen 4, 5 6 etc if they made it square and styled it on the Monaco with Monaco factory faces .

20. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 14, 2021

Gen1, Gen2 Modular, and Gen3 are 'Carrera Connected'… why not a 'Monaco Connected' for Gen4? ;) :thumbsup:

BMW Works likes this.