TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02 Montreal Limited Edition CBK221C

Still, why would they put up a shonky render like that? It's symptomatic of a lack of attention to detail.
Agree and its far from the first time they publish off looking renders

I think it's a non-issue. As long as it doesn't affect the watch. The purpose of a render is to show you what it looks like. QC doesn't need to be as good as the watch production line :)

I think it's a non-issue. As long as it doesn't affect the watch. The purpose of a render is to show you what it looks like. QC doesn't need to be as good as the watch production line :)

Yeah... but can you imagine Rolex putting out a crappy render?

Yeah... but can you imagine Rolex putting out a crappy render?
As much as I can imagine TAG doing it :)

It was pointed out in this forum very early on as well. The marker at 6 is also off. Really no excuse for that render. Apparently TAG Heuer deleted the comment from this guy from the IG post. What a lame thing to do. Very Panerai. Of course he'll vlog about it.
I love how this guy has this slick intro animation and at the same time films himself in the what appears to be an appartment in a Novosibirsk highrise.

Still, why would they put up a shonky render like that? It's symptomatic of a lack of attention to detail.

Sheesh, you really have got your handbag out at the moment, haven't you!

00pp-hermes-constance-mini-1990-handbag-in-black-box-leather.jpg

Hermes, only the best for me!

Though to be honest, I can't quite believe Hermes would make something so utter gauche as that huge gold H.

Though to be honest, I can't quite believe Hermes would make something so utter gauche as that huge gold H.

They all do, sooner or later. Can only sell so much to the moneyed class; once your investors start clamoring for more money you'll have to start selling to the nouveau-riche whose main preoccupation is appearance, not quality. Just look at what Louis Vuitton have done to themselves, for instance

Well, if you can't beat em.... but Heremes is supposed to be the one brand that doesn't compromise.

They all do, sooner or later. Can only sell so much to the moneyed class; once your investors start clamoring for more money you'll have to start selling to the nouveau-riche whose main preoccupation is appearance, not quality. Just look at what Louis Vuitton have done to themselves, for instance
Similar to Rolex increasing the Oyster Perpetual from 39 to 41mm, as well as producing these types of gawdy, jewel-encrusted creations
Rolex_06_Cosmograph Daytona_Yellow gold.jpg

Similar to Rolex increasing the Oyster Perpetual from 39 to 41mm, as well as producing these types of gawdy, jewel-encrusted creations
::love::

Actually, Rolex don't have investors, but they're certainly not immune from pandering to the nouveau-riche.

Actually, Rolex don't have investors, but they're certainly not immune from pandering to the nouveau-riche.

They may not have investors but they still do want to make money - hence why they glut the market with high-margin precious metal and gemstone watches like that Daytona, while restricting production of steel watches.

Upsizing and adding color to the steel OP is following macro style trends in watches and makes a bit more sense IMO, since there's not a very large market these days for small dressy steel 3-handers.

Upsizing and adding color to the steel OP is following macro style trends in watches and makes a bit more sense IMO, since there's not a very large market these days for small dressy steel 3-handers.
Maybe not, but a 41mm 3 hander with minimal bezel will wear very big, and is at least in part driven by the desire for people to flash their cash rather than by anything that represents comfort and decency. The bold colours also scream "look at me!".

There's a line around the block at LV near me and everyone is pretty young and dressed like they're going to Claire's boutique in the 90s. It's wild.

Dark sunglasses and an assistance dog for that one.