TAG Heuer Bicester Village Lockdown Info

Where are the prices listed?
I sent a mail curious about these 2, got a reply 3075 and 1925. Not the prices In was hoping for. Also they don't do shipping to NL so I would have to arrange logistics somehow.

I must admit the Kirium prices are hilarious... especially the quartz chronograph.:confused:

50% off the Indy Carrera CV201AS, reduced from £4100 to £2050.

£3250 for a gold Calibre 6 Carrera... 50% off
Stop teasing! I've had my eye on these since they were launched.

Stop teasing! I've had my eye on these since they were launched.
Actually, false alarm, I was getting confused. It's actually a bargain Cal 7 that's on my wish list.
TagHeuer-Carrera-WAR2140.FC8159-170102-2-201030-122910.jpg

All prices done now, for some reason WAZ1116 wasn't on the list so I'm going to have to check up on that one..

The caseback of the Aquaracer Countdown Chronograph is truly unique probably one of a kind (rope and anchor) ;) AND also only model with the Calibre 72 (72 feet or 21 meters length of the sail) :thumbsup:

Also, this watch is featured in the book Sea Time :cool:

Actually, false alarm, I was getting confused. It's actually a bargain Cal 7 that's on my wish list.
TagHeuer-Carrera-WAR2140.FC8159-170102-2-201030-122910.jpg
This is my ultimate grail watch

Lots of stuff there that's quite tempting, looks like tag have dumped a lot of stock.

@kappa_md great to see someone with the c72 aquaracer! I saw them at the York outlet and was very taken with them

Well, all I will say is bear in mind that this is a 'trial' of sorts and I was thinking about it last night - I think when the shop reopens this will probably stop. Because the whole idea of an 'outlet' is that you have to go there, which you might think 'not in this digital world we live in', but there's good reasons for it. Not least because if they set up a full website themselves they would annoy the ADs who they would be undercutting. Not with like for like sales admittedly, but if someone wants to buy a TAG Heuer watch their first instinct should be to go to a boutique or AD and buy a current model. We've become accustomed to luxury goods companies selling old stock at discounts (it is a huge industry in itself) but it's kind of a dirty secret that isnt' talked about - hence the whole idea of outlet shopping, it's like 'what happens at the outlet stays at the outlet'.

Plus if they rolled this out properly and created lots of sales where would all the extra stock come from? They race through new stock as it is. Plus they would need more staff to take over the packing and posting and dealing with returns (distance selling laws in the UK mean they must accept returns). So, honestly I think what will happen will be that if you are already a customer and you ring up they will have the means to send you a watch, but I don't think they will be pushing it and I presume things will go back to how they were where they send me a list of new stock when they get it.

If any of you would like to read about the luxury goods industry I can recommend a brilliant book I read called 'Deluxe' by Dana Thomas, in fact I think I might read it again myself.

Well, all I will say is bear in mind that this is a 'trial' of sorts and I was thinking about it last night - I think when the shop reopens this will probably stop. Because the whole idea of an 'outlet' is that you have to go there, which you might think 'not in this digital world we live in', but there's good reasons for it. Not least because if they set up a full website themselves they would annoy the ADs who they would be undercutting. Not with like for like sales admittedly, but if someone wants to buy a TAG Heuer watch their first instinct should be to go to a boutique or AD and buy a current model. We've become accustomed to luxury goods companies selling old stock at discounts (it is a huge industry in itself) but it's kind of a dirty secret that isnt' talked about - hence the whole idea of outlet shopping, it's like 'what happens at the outlet stays at the outlet'.

Plus if they rolled this out properly and created lots of sales where would all the extra stock come from? They race through new stock as it is. Plus they would need more staff to take over the packing and posting and dealing with returns (distance selling laws in the UK mean they must accept returns). So, honestly I think what will happen will be that if you are already a customer and you ring up they will have the means to send you a watch, but I don't think they will be pushing it and I presume things will go back to how they were where they send me a list of new stock when they get it.

If any of you would like to read about the luxury goods industry I can recommend a brilliant book I read called 'Deluxe' by Dana Thomas, in fact I think I might read it again myself.
Although I like the idea of an "outlet", I usually find it a disappointing experience. Obviously they won't have the latest and greatest pieces, only those things that they want to get rid of that didn't sell the first time round. At least, however, with the watches you're getting the real thing (one or two outlet only models excepted). I find with most outlet shops, especially clothing, they don't actually sell the proper product. Instead, you find products that whilst they carry the same logo, have clearly been made to a cheaper price (thinner fabrics, etc.). It's like going to the £1 store and picking up a box of chocolates which on the face of it seems cheaper, but then you notice the box has been made smaller :)

Absolutely, Ralph Lauren are particularly bad for this apparently and Michael Kors makes bags for the outlet. Unfortunately that is the nature of these things, but with watches you are certainly getting pukka gear. I don't think TAG have made anything for the outlet at all, not that I'm aware of and yes while you do get a lot of 'chaff' (a LOT of ladies white ceramic Formula 1s for sure) you also can find genuine bargains.

I have seen the Aquagraph in there in the last eighteen months for example, my Calibre 16 carbon dial titanium came from there at nearly half price. My WAY208C Aquaracer came from there too, and I've seen many limited editions that you wouldn't see anywhere else in there. They've had Japanese Carreras with black mother of pearl dials, and my wife got a China only purple dial Lady Link.

They also have occasional current models in that have been used for photo shoots, most of the Connecteds have been through, I've seen the white 'Explorer' Aquaracer in there (41mm) and the camouflage one... the Carribean Aquaracer with palm tree backplate, all the Monaco 24s, pretty much every Grand Carrera there ever was...

So yes, sure there is some 'dump' stock, and there are things that stick around for ever (those Regatta Aquaracers are NOT shifting even at 50% off) but on the other hand, they have some spectacular things that you just wouldn't find elsewhere. I mean look at the current stock, they've got a gold Carrera Heuer 01 that's discounted by £4000, an (overpriced) Kirium chonometer, the Red Bull Carreras at great prices, oodles of ladies ceramic F1s.

The main problem with the outlet though is the lack of affordable pieces, they don't get many F1s and when they do they sell pretty much straight away. Obviously if they are £1300 list and they sell them for £900 that's an easier sell than a Heuer 01 that's reduced from £4500 to £2800.

I know they do get people walking in there asking for blue Cal11 Monacos, but why on earth would they sell something like that at a discount?

The whole point (originally) of outlet shopping was that you could buy 'last seasons' gear at a discount, and for the most part what they have is not what is on the current TH website.

There are times as well when the stock dries up, I have been there when it's been pretty lame and I've come away disappointed and I could see why if that was your experience then you would think it wasn't all it's cracked up to be. The problem is they get a delivery, like recently they had 50 odd new pieces at once, and they just got mobbed and stripped out within a week and you were back to the ceramic F1s and Regatta Aquaracers that everybody likes, but nobody wants to buy.

As for the smaller box of chocolates, that sounds like you've been shopping at B&M! Even their Mugshots are smaller than the real thing...

Although I like the idea of an "outlet", I usually find it a disappointing experience. Obviously they won't have the latest and greatest pieces, only those things that they want to get rid of that didn't sell the first time round. At least, however, with the watches you're getting the real thing (one or two outlet only models excepted). I find with most outlet shops, especially clothing, they don't actually sell the proper product. Instead, you find products that whilst they carry the same logo, have clearly been made to a cheaper price (thinner fabrics, etc.). It's like going to the £1 store and picking up a box of chocolates which on the face of it seems cheaper, but then you notice the box has been made smaller :)

I've found this to be a outlet shopping in the UK problem, in the US you typically get the real deal at a big discount - like when I picked up a $600 snowboard jacket for $180 (and then got a warranty replacement 9 years later after the zip failed - great service Burton!). There are some deals in the UK outlets, the bose stores are typically cheaper than amazon, fox is typically cheap, but stuff like levis are the same as the high street.

I've had mixed experiences with tag outlets, I don't live nearby but occasionally visit the York tag store, sometime there has been a lot I fancy - like the day I bought my 500m AR and almost bought a c17 carrera - with hindsight I should have bought both. Other times it was nowt but flyback carreras, which I find interesting but ugly. If you go in expecting to find something to buy, I think you'll be disappointed, if you go in because you are passing, you might get lucky