TAG Heuer 6000 Platinum

Hi.

I recently aquired a 6000 Platinum with blue dial and searched the internet for some more info and found the ultimate guide: http://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-6000-series-overview/ and this forum.

Thought I should share a picture of one of the nicest and definatelly the "bluest" dial of my collection... :)

TH6000-tavla1.jpg

Also, I looked through some Tag Heuer catalogues from the period 94/95, 95/96 and 96/97. I could find the 6000 in gold but not the platinum ones. Did I miss them or was they left out? If so, does anyone how was they sold? Only special orders or selected stores? Any info would be highly appreciated, incl. info on original pricing.

Best Regards,
/bbits00

Thanks for posting this- I replied to your question in the article with a link to the 199 Dealer Catalogue...but that's just a single page.

What an amazing dial!!

Super nice dial, I love these special automatic dials!
I did see a strange white gold version with a silver/white dial in a catalogue but not a platinum one, so keep looking!

1999-dealer-0006.jpg

Hi.

I recently aquired a 6000 Platinum with blue dial and searched the internet for some more info and found the ultimate guide: http://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-6000-series-overview/ and this forum.

Thought I should share a picture of one of the nicest and definatelly the "bluest" dial of my collection... :)

TH6000-tavla1.jpg

Also, I looked through some Tag Heuer catalogues from the period 94/95, 95/96 and 96/97. I could find the 6000 in gold but not the platinum ones. Did I miss them or was they left out? If so, does anyone how was they sold? Only special orders or selected stores? Any info would be highly appreciated, incl. info on original pricing.

Best Regards,
/bbits00

Extremely blue and extremely beautiful!

Thanks for all your positive comments. I love it myself and wear it regularly. For a platinum, it's pretty discrete and I think it has "aged" pretty well compared to some of the other color combinations of the 6000...

First of all - my appoligies for spamming...

I did some searching in the attic today and found the huge (almost 3,5 kg) box but there seems to miss something... There are two circular holes in the box and one of them have a "watch cushion" - the other one is empty...

Does anyone know what is supposed be in the second hole? What should be included for this to be conscidered a full set?

Please advise.

20170121_145019.jpg ming...

Great watch and a nice set!!!
I saw a while back the platinum box set on Sale on ebay Japan, the second empty section has a special leather "travel box".
Thanks for sharing.

p.s. If you ever want to reduce from your collection, I would like to know :P lol

Great watch and a nice set!!!
I saw a while back the platinum box set on Sale on ebay Japan, the second empty section has a special leather "travel box".
Thanks for sharing.

p.s. If you ever want to reduce from your collection, I would like to know :p lol

Thanks for your kind words and the info on empty hole and the "travel box". I would love to get a link if you have one. I tried to google and search for it on ebay Japan, but failed miserably...

On your last remark - everything is for sale. Just give me an offer I can't refuse... ;)

The small travel box is like the one in the Gold version, it differs from the normal Stainless steel version travel box.

Let me think about a good offer, come back to you later :)

Hi.

TH6000-tavla1.jpg

Best Regards,
/bbits00

Very nice indeed. This and the 6000 McLaren F1 (https://www.calibre11.com/mclaren-f1-watch/) watch would be 2 that I would some day like to add to my collection.

P.S. apologies for the year old thread bump.

Gorgeous watch, I'd love a 6000 series but they seem a little on the small side for me.

Gorgeous watch, I'd love a 6000 series but they seem a little on the small side for me.

:)

It is a bit strange but the quite small dial (approx 26-27mm) make the watch look a bit smaller in pictures than it actually is...

It measures 39mm (42 with crown) and 46mm from lug-to-lug. Also the "integrated" strap also build a few mm, making it almost too big for me (but I have small wrists)

20180123_222105.jpg

20180123_222748.jpg

Adding the weight of the platinum, I would say that it has a "presence" on the wrist that is equal, probably even bigger than, say a Rolex Submariner.