Straps & Bracelets

Putting on the new giraffe leather strap on the Monaco Japan.
Man I really like this strap, looks great YG! I can see this on quite a few of my watches. Do you have a link as to where I can order one myself?

Man I really like this strap, looks great YG! I can see this on quite a few of my watches. Do you have a link as to where I can order one myself?
Glad you liked it. I got it custom made from Alberto (https://www.facebook.com/alberto.castaneda.165470). He charges 150-160$ for the giraffe, but its different rates for different leathers. He's based in US. He got 2 different giraffe hides, so you can ask him for the one he used for Yash (my name). I also used the section with the most scars to capture the leather's character.

I also got a hippo brown strap made, which I'll put on and share tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply and link Yash. Unfortunately I'm not on fb, but I will find something similar. Btw the scarred hippo looks great too! :thumbsup: Looking forward to it's mount as well, enjoy!

Thanks for the reply and link Yash. Unfortunately I'm not on fb, but I will find something similar. Btw the scarred hippo looks great too! :thumbsup: Looking forward to it's mount as well, enjoy!
Alberto is also in Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/enkineleather/), so can share details over there, else I can ask him for his whatsapp number in case you want to message him. Let me now.

Just put the new hippo strap on the 2001 Monaco. A lovely suede feel with natural battle scars

Just got hold of a few more exotics for the Monacos. This is the kudu antelope suede feel leather strap. Navy blue with orange stitch and turquoise blue lining to emulate the Gulf colours.

Since someone was so nice to „unearth” this thread, I’m also posting my rant here… ;)

I have a question to the community re. leather straps for vintage Heuers, which has been driving me nuts for a while:

Am I the only one who's struggling terribly to find leather straps in an acceptable length for these pieces? I have a slightly above-average wrist (say 18.5cm) and these Heuers have very short springbar-to-springbar lengths (I'm measuring 41mm on this Montreal and 43mm on my Viceroy). As a result, I need straps with a minimum length of 20mm to make this setup work; 21 cm being ideal.

However, these are almost impossible to find: The large suppliers I usually turn to for leather sell their racing straps in 19.5cm uni-size (be it Fluco, Rochet or Eulit/Barrington).

Among the more specialized makers, the standard size is even shorter. The Heuertime (Corfam replica) straps by @abcoro clock in at 19cm. The standard size with Atelier Romane (by @plibou) is also 19cm - and while the latter can probably do longer as a custom order (125/85mm would be pretty ideal), I find their choice of different leathers overwhelming :eek:, the 2.5mm thickness borderline thin (although that might be misleading with good leather) and the price just a little bit too steep for occasional use.

There's also Watch Strap World (not sure whether Alan, the owner, is on THF...) but they're in post-Brexit UK, and a whole lot of their straps have rounded ends, which don't work (well) with the lug cutouts of tonneau cases and/or hooded lugs; and they're mostly 20cm max. So, in summary, it's really frustrating.

I actually found one 21cm (x 4mm) black racing strap that seems interesting on paper, but at a price point that makes me question whether that's really worth trying: https://www.trendart-24.de/Soft-Kalb-Nappa-Rallye-Uhrenarmband-Modell-Montreal-Golf-XL-schwarz-20-mm

:(

Looks like @HoltzPlatz has the same issue:
I have the same problem too, regarding large wrist size. Mine being 19cm+. Every time I find a supplier of XL straps I find they are "sold out" in every lug size, style and color. If there are no more available why can't they just make more? Seems as though they are in high demand after all.
I have found only https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/collections/long-straps-7-9so far, without going custom made. Lacking specific lengths in their listings is frustrating once again. But the few I have purchased have worked out well for me. Although these might not meet your criteria of inexpensive.

I would suggest reaching out to bespoke watch makers like AR or Two Stitch. I’m sure they’ll be happy to accomodate. Yes prices aren’t cheap but the quality is outstanding. My best straps are from AR.

Found Two Stitch who seem to be based in Serbia , but somehow seem to be able to work +/- as if they were in the Euro-zone…

Not sure about AR? Google doesn't come up with anything sensible…

Found Two Stitch who seem to be based in Serbia , but somehow seem to be able to work +/- as if they were in the Euro-zone…

Not sure about AR? Google doesn't come up with anything sensible…
Atelier Romane

Good experiences with both

@paysdoufs - Also try sending an email to GLC straps, very good quality and they can custom make any length you like for basically the same price as the items they stock on-line. Takes about a month for them to custom make a strap, but worth the wait.

My Hodinkee Dato on a GLC corfam replica racing strap.
20210506_134854.jpg

GLC can also do custom colors and stitching. This Burgundy brown strap was a custom order color and custom length.
20230126_151549.jpg

Just got hold of a few more exotics for the Monacos. This is the kudu antelope suede feel leather strap. Navy blue with orange stitch and turquoise blue lining to emulate the Gulf colours.
That's a classy combination

@paysdoufs
Hello , we provide now
18-19- 20 with 16 mm buckle
20 and 22 with 18 mm buckle
in xl 125-85

for racing and rallye of course there is less surface with hole ,
i just need time to add this size on all straps in webshop but drop me a message if you need , we re able to make it

Michael

Just noticed these TAG Heuer NATO straps for the Aquaracer on the TH website. Think they look kind of cool.
BN0004_0014.png
BN0005_0014.png