Rare TAG Heuer 2000 Analogue/ Digital

First time I saw these I thought they were a fake.
$_57.JPG
It's the same movement as found in the S/el digital, but this time as the 2000. Not many of these around at all (ref. 270.206)- this one is for sale on eBay at the moment (link in the eBay auctions page)
$_57 (2).JPG
$_57 (1).JPG
I recently bought a 2000 Catalogue from 1992 that shows this watch, but it's not in the general 1992/93 catalogue, so must have been on sale for only a year at most.

dc

$_57.JPG
It's the same movement as found in the S/el digital, but this time as the 2000. Not many of these around at all (ref. 270.206)- this one is for sale on eBay at the moment (link in the eBay auctions page)
$_57 (2).JPG
$_57 (1).JPG
I recently bought a 2000 Catalogue from 1992 that shows this watch, but it's not in the general 1992/93 catalogue, so must have been on sale for only a year at most.

dc

Hello David,
there was another ana/digi of the 2000
Series. The background of the dial was
dark until the chronograph was activated.
The same movement was used with the
6000 series.

HAGWE
Werner

I remember this one! In my opinion this was a well executed piece, which made all the digital readings "invisible" when you didn't need them.

Good lessons that I hope can be applied to the upcoming "smart" watch.

Ah, yes, the 2000 Multigraph! I also like this way of presenting digital info- much better than a simple boxed screen

Me too, DC... Only saw that movement in the S/EL model. And Werner, I do not remember seeing that digital movement in a 6000 series. I'd be curious to see some photos...

Me too, DC... Only saw that movement in the S/EL model. And Werner, I do not remember seeing that digital movement in a 6000 series. I'd be curious to see some photos...

I think Werner might mean the Kirium?

kirium-mclaren.jpg

Yoy
I think Werner might mean the Kirium?

kirium-mclaren.jpg
You are right, David and Enrico,
it was the Kirium, which with the
"black" dial didn't look bad either.

$_57.JPG

Is there any chance you can post the relevant page from your 1992 2000 Catalogue?
I can find any info anywhere about the 270.206 :(

The recent acquisition is currently at a TH Service Center. Waiting to hear whether the servicing costs will be expensive or prohibitive!

nbcc.jpg

The recent acquisition is currently at a TH Service Center. Waiting to hear whether the servicing costs will be expensive or prohibitive!

nbcc.jpg
It looks in very good condition! :)
It will be worth the servicing costs! :thumbsup:
Edited:

Thanks guys. The watch is really clean & sharp.
I'm thinking if Tag can fit a new movement, it'll be worth going for. The ETA 251.252 with the extra 1/100sec sweep hand is impossible to find.
Has to be the ultimate 2000 series...with 4 hands, 4 pushers, 3 sub dials, 2 LCD's & a dive style bezel :)
t9.jpg

The movement in the Multigraph is not the same as the one in the Kirium F1. The Kirium F1 shares the movement with the Aquaracer Chronotimer, the Multigraph is the same as the digital Formula 1 (I'm pretty sure although that's the only one of the four I don't yet have so I can't be 100%).
tagheuer-formula-1.jpg

s-l640.jpg

TAG-Heuer-Men%E2%80%99s-Kirium-F1-Watch-Review-6.jpg

Thanks guys. The watch is really clean & sharp.
I'm thinking if Tag can fit a new movement, it'll be worth going for. The ETA 251.252 with the extra 1/100sec sweep hand is impossible to find.
Has to be the ultimate 2000 series...with 4 hands, 4 pushers, 3 sub dials, 2 LCD's & a dive style bezel :)
t9.jpg

Is it sharing the movement of this S/el?

FA51F7DC-E31F-4507-B7CD-BD3091BFEF89.jpeg

Yep...has to be. It seems very few models were fitted with 1/100sec spec.
Most of the LCD Chrono Tags I've seen are 1/10th sec with 3 hands (ETA 251.265).
Also seen a few 2000 series LCD Chrono models like mine but with black dial, standard bezel + white 1/100sec sweep (260.306).

th.jpg

Great find. If the servicing costs are too high, then I'm confident that with some patience you'll be able to find a movement on eBay...

Great find. If the servicing costs are too high, then I'm confident that with some patience you'll be able to find a movement on eBay...

Get the feeling I'll end up using independents + eBay for servicing & spares, but first stop is the official service center.
I did find someone selling a 1991/1992 TH General Catalogue on eBay. Asked whether my watch was listed & the seller answered in the negative.
Makes me wonder how long the model was offered & how many were sold if it's only been seen that 1992 2000 series catalogue?

Well I've heard back from the AD's service department. Full Service incl new Crown + new Bezel is just shy of £500. No new movement tho, just replace any parts not deemed up to spec. Still thinking about it. I'd see precious little back from the outlay but maybe the watch deserves it? The other point to consider is if you want new Seals & a shiny new Bezel, the only route is thru the authorised service center. I've tried a few independents & they can't get anything at all for this model (except bracelet links).

Well I've heard back from the AD's service department. Full Service incl new Crown + new Bezel is just shy of £500. No new movement tho, just replace any parts not deemed up to spec. Still thinking about it. I'd see precious little back from the outlay but maybe the watch deserves it? The other point to consider is if you want new Seals & a shiny new Bezel, the only route is thru the authorised service center. I've tried a few independents & they can't get anything at all for this model (except bracelet links).

Tricky, but... ultimately rewarding I think. I hope you go for it, I get so sick of people looking at watches as investments.

Does it need a new crown and new bezel? From your pic, the bezel looks like it's in mint condition.

Since this is a quartz movement, the seals are probably the only other main thing needing attention. But I'm no expert when it comes to servicing watches.

I had my S/el ana digi serviced about 11-12 years ago, it required a new movement. I believe I paid around $500, but it was a long time ago. Nothing cosmetic was serviced on the watch, it was mainly for the new movement.