Rare TAG Heuer 2000 Analogue/ Digital

Does it need a new crown and new bezel? From your pic, the bezel looks like it's in mint condition.

Since this is a quartz movement, the seals are probably the only other main thing needing attention. But I'm no expert when it comes to servicing watches.

I had my S/el ana digi serviced about 11-12 years ago, it required a new movement. I believe I paid around $500, but it was a long time ago. Nothing cosmetic was serviced on the watch, it was mainly for the new movement.

The Bezel replacement is at my request. With a new Bezel the watch will come back looking as new.
The proposed Crown replacement is part of the service schedule...well, for my watch anyway.

Well I've heard back from the AD's service department. Full Service incl new Crown + new Bezel is just shy of £500. No new movement tho, just replace any parts not deemed up to spec. Still thinking about it. I'd see precious little back from the outlay but maybe the watch deserves it

Yes, it deserves it! :thumbsup:

Well I've heard back from the AD's service department. Full Service incl new Crown + new Bezel is just shy of £500. No new movement tho, just replace any parts not deemed up to spec. Still thinking about it. I'd see precious little back from the outlay but maybe the watch deserves it? The other point to consider is if you want new Seals & a shiny new Bezel, the only route is thru the authorised service center. I've tried a few independents & they can't get anything at all for this model (except bracelet links).
That's insane..... Are they putting in solid gold parts or something??? I'd always go to an independent watch maker if out of warranty. Tag heuer service is always expensive, and they replace way too many parts. They don't fix, they just replace stuff. You can get a brand new movement, brand new bezel, and brand new crown, and probably even a brand new dial ( tho I'm not sure how hard a dial is to find), for £500, with money left over to refinish the watch.

Albert, that's mine! I'm likely to re-list tomorrow with much better pics...I've since cleaned & hand polished the watch & it positively sparkles! Will probably up the price to £600 tho, there has been a lot of interest.