Forums Latest Members

1960s VERY RARE TAG HEUER LEONIDAS Chronograph CARRERA GUBELIN SWISS RACE WATCH

1. littleb33

littleb33 Jan 19, 2015

Hi guys, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brandon and I am new to Vintage Watches and especially Tag Heuer. My Grandfather left me a watch and I have been unable to find out too much about it. I want to sell it, but I don’t want to get ripped off. I am registering at a couple of the Tag forums to try and gather some information about the watch and perhaps find a Tag enthusiast to sell it to at the same time. I am NOT a scammer, I had actually listed it on eBay but ultimately did not get paid by the buyer so I am a bit turned off by the whole auction process now.
    Any help you guys can provide would be most appreciated. Here are some pictures, please tell me what you think and how much it’s worth. Thanks again guys!

fberbergbe.jpg frgbergberb.jpg gvwrgwerg.jpg vdfger.jpg
  2. littleb33

littleb33 Jan 19, 2015

3. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 19, 2015

Cool watch, signed dial isn't something you see every day, condition of some parts like the bezel is a bit ordinary but overall pretty cool

luzer likes this.
  4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 19, 2015

Hi there littleb33,

Nice watch. Gübelin as you probably know, are an up-scale retailer who added their name to the dials of several watches. it's a nice "extra" on your watch, but not sure whether it would translate into anyone paying a higher price for the name on the dial.

In terms of condition, I would say it was Fair- below average based on these photos, although it's (almost!) always true that cleaning the crystal makes things look a lot better.

Can we ask what the agreed sale price was on eBay? That's always a good test of the market. You can see the vintage price guide that is a sticky on this board- that is your best bet, but you'll get less than these prices as the condition is assumed to be a little better than yours.

Not poking my nose into your business, but I'd reconsider keeping the watch rather than selling it...it's a really cool watch that would come up nicely with a little TLC.
    dc

5. littleb33

littleb33 Jan 20, 2015

New
    well I am interested in selling it ? I had have had offers for 2k 3k 4k and 4,500. but I am not sure what it is worth. if some one could tell me how much it is worth that would be great. but I am interested in selling it. my email is Littleb33@hotmail.com

luzer likes this.