Preview: 2017 Carrera Heuer-01 Drive Timer Red Bull Edition CAR2A1K

We've seen a few shots of this watch from the Geneva feeds. but time to create it's own thread- official release is March 26
IMG_1381.jpg IMG_1382.jpg IMG_1383.jpg

I don't mind the Red Bull they haven't over done it with the branding

That strap seems to be comprised of a rubber base with a leather detail sewed on top. Not sure I like it in blue, but hopefully pictures of other colors will surface soon. I tend to prefer the design of the MU strap over this one.

Curious to know what the market for this is? Do F1 fans support a single team like red bull and are they fanatical enough to buy this over one of the regular H01s? What is resale going to be like for this?

Curious to know what the market for this is? Do F1 fans support a single team like red bull and are they fanatical enough to buy this over one of the regular H01s? What is resale going to be like for this?
I asked similar question on another thread. F1 fans tend to be fans of, er, F1. Many will have a favorite driver regardless of which team he moves to.
Obviously the one notable exception to this is Ferrari where the relationship is reversed.
At least, like Ferrari, RB have a standard livery. What colour a Maclaran H01? Orange?
:)

A good question! McLaren has always been my team, even when they've had drivers that I don't especially like (cough*Hamilton*cough).

I split my loyalties now between Ricciardo as a driver, and McLaren as a team

Yuk. The McLaren I'm referring to, although the Red Bull is not for me either.

The branding remains discrete however; recall the Nismo edition with more logos than hour markers?

Is that a big watch or a small wrist? :) Same size as a standard 01 I assume.

Is this a special edition or a limited edition?

I actually like the RM mclaren design but definitely not the price. For 1M$ yuk! This watch is a status symbol plus horological if you consider. The heuer01 redbull im abit 50/50 on the design. For me it is much better if they remove the addition bridges to were they applied the arabic numerals. It would be much better to keep the first heuer01 design and just replace the hour markers with arabic numerals. Heuer01 resell is actually not bad. I own the first colorway of heuer01 and someone is willing to pay 4.5K AUD.