Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 4, 2018

Congrats; glad you have it now!

4. BMW Works

BMW Works Nov 4, 2018

tx man.

5. chrisuk

chrisuk Nov 9, 2018

Hi all,

I finally moved over to the dark side and ditched the iPhone (had everyone since launch), moving over to the OnePlus6T.

Apart from being an amazing phone, the extra functionality you gain from using this watch with an android device is staggering !!

Quick question though, how do you stop the watch from vibrating you to an alert when not on your wrist ? I can constantly hear it vibrating upstairs when it's not being used, I thought it only alerted you when being worn ?

BMW Works likes this.
  6. luke

luke Dec 5, 2018

Hi all,

I received my Tag Connected 45mm watch last week (upgrade from 46mm).

Don’t want to sound like a nuisance but is it normal for the aluminum steel bezel to scratch so easily? I have worn it a couple of times to the office and have used the tag cloth to wipe the bezel which appears to have scratch marks on the corners (unsure whether it like this when I received it).

Another query, the charge dots on the back on the watch appear to be causing skin irritation on my wrist. This did not occur with my Connected 46mm (stainless bracelet). I have tried to adjust the strap tighter which has not made any difference.

For your records, I have attached photos for you to view. Has anyone else complained regarding the above?

Any tips would be much appreciated. Looking forward to your responses.

20181205_212457.jpg IMG-20181205-WA0035.jpg 20181205_212546.jpg 20181205_212508.jpg IMG-20181205-WA0037.jpg 20181205_212607.jpg
  7. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 6, 2018

Hi Luke!

I have the black ceramic bezel in my Connected Modular 45, and it looks like new after 7 months using it almost every day, and it seems the most resistant of the available bezels for this watch.

EEE1A972-8B99-4406-AD07-D26EB5A00933.jpeg

Aluminum is a very soft metal... one member here also complained about this aluminum bezel because the numbers (painted) were missing with use (numbers are embossed in the black ceramic bezel, so you don’t have this problem either). This is the picture he posted

F3BA77EB-05D5-4573-B4D2-4B4EF02D0639.jpeg
    So maybe you can ask your TAG Heuer shop to change your aluminum bezel for the black ceramic (buying it as spare part).
    Anyway I don’t think the TAG cloth could make these kind of marks to the bezel. Aluminum is soft, but not so soft!

About the skin irritation: are you using the watch with this blue plastic foil still attached to the back? If so, maybe the problem is the blue plastic and not the charge dots. Try removing the blue plastic and keep the titanium back of the watch free.

In one of the pictures (maybe it’s just the picture), it seems your screen is slightly scratched, which is not normal because the glass is very hard. Have you removed the second protective foil from the screen? The watch comes with two transparent plastic foils, the first one is clearly visible, but not the second one. Maybe you still have the second foil there... it took me some days to realize that I was wearing the watch with this second protective foil still attached! :D

Edited Dec 6, 2018
    luke and BMW Works like this.
  8. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 7, 2018

Luke it seems that your watch still has the 2nd protective film on the dial. Use your finger nail to remove it.
    [​IMG]

kwilcox likes this.
  9. luke

luke Dec 8, 2018

Thanks for your responses all.

Yep definitely was aware that I still had the protective film over face of the watch but wanted to leave on in case for situations such as this. I was rather hoping that Hubert was correct in saying that the protective film might be on the dial too. However, to my disappointment the dial does not have any protective film over it, so I will be complaining to Tag in hope to get a ceramic dial replacement (cost extra $).

Cheers
    Luke

Edited Dec 10, 2018
  10. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 8, 2018

Let us know how it turns out. To avoid scratches, I always choose a ceramic bezel over an aluminium, whenever the choice is available.

BMW Works likes this.
  11. TjPhysicist

TjPhysicist Dec 16, 2018

OMG if that's an option i'd totally take it! My watch CAME with scratches in the bezel. I initially thought it had to do with the protective film that was on the bezel, because the scratches marked what would be the edges of the film (which in this case covered half the bezel, all around). There's one big scratch going completely around the bezel - and i'd LOVE to replace it, even if it is with aluminum again.

12. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 17, 2018

If you didn't point this out when you bought it, it's going to be tough to get it replaced under warranty. :(

13. TjPhysicist

TjPhysicist Dec 23, 2018

Awesome review, thank you!

A little late perhaps BUT: "touch-to-wake" is NOW a setting (along with the usual "tilt to wake") if you turn BOTH off, and Always on Display ON. This should allow you to get the watch wet without the screen going crazy.

Renat1992, Albert-AMG and BMW Works like this.
  14. BMW Works

BMW Works Dec 23, 2018

Good point

15. kwilcox

kwilcox Dec 24, 2018

I just turn on touch lock beforehand. settings->display->touch lock. I just wish it was one of the quick access settings on the swipe-down settings screen.

BMW Works likes this.
  16. TjPhysicist

TjPhysicist Dec 25, 2018

OMG I totally didn't know about this setting, i was using the other one, this seems to be more purposely designed expressly for this purpose...which makes it WEIRD oversight that it's not in the quick settings.

ETA:
    - Tried this setting out, it's a "one time setting" thing. You turn it on, and now only the button can turn the screen back awake, but once you do the setting is gone - and your watch is back to normal. This is pretty great for water, as you don't wanna be messing around with it until it's fully dry.

- I went to a "water park" type deal (Xplor in Xcaret, Mexico, if anyone is interested). Lots of splashing, even a bit of swimming around in the cave, some rafting etc...so far seems perfectly fine!

P.S: OMG can we get a shout out to this AMAZING strap design? I've always been a big fan of watches but the usual strap designs always result in, at some point, things being too tight or too loose (which meant that i've always been a big fan of watches, but never owned or worn one for long, until now). I find that either my hand itself changes slightly over the course of the day (entirely possible biologically) or that sometimes i just feel that way...either way OMG - being able to adjust size down to the millimeter is just WOW!

Edited Dec 30, 2018
  17. wismantjiardy

wismantjiardy Jan 25, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I just visited a Tag Heuer Boutiqe in Indonesia yesterday, they are not direct branch from TAG but more a franchise.
    They said they stop selling any Tag Heuer Connected series and accessories now, because it is no longer in production.

Is that the truth right now?

Thanks everyone

18. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 26, 2019

I think that’s not the truth.
    If you go to the TAG Heuer e-shop you can buy online the full Connected Modular range of watches and accessories:
    https://www.tagheuer.com/en-ch/watches/tag-heuer-connected

The Connected Modular 45 and 41 are in the recently printed “TAG Heuer The Catalog 2018-2019”

And finally, even if the watch were no longer in production, it makes no sense to stop selling accessories for this watch: you can still buy straps (and spare parts) for TAG Heuer watches that are not in production since many years ago...
    I think you just have to change your shop ;)

Edited Jan 26, 2019
  19. BMW Works

BMW Works Jan 27, 2019

I think Albert is right. If it would be discontinued it would be unavailable in the TH online shop. Ist just unconfortable for that shop to import it. I live in Romania and here is a TH SHOP that does not sell Connected at all. Only mechanical watches. With some struggle they provided me some straps and my warranty issue was handled through them because TH does not deal directly with end users. I buyed my watch from Germany and was replaced unde warranty few months ago. I suggest you to check ebay. You can get THCM45 in mint condition for arround 1100 usd and i think its a fair and good deal.

20. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 28, 2019

Hi. I've asked this question directly to the Connected team at TAG Heuer. Both the Connected 41 and 45 are still being made are very much part of the TAG Heuer range.

What is changing is distribution- they are being pulled out of the general retail channel and going forward will only be available from TAG Heuer Boutiques/ online.