Forums Latest Members

Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected E2 Modular 45

1. Duane Stinson

Duane Stinson Aug 23, 2018

I sold mine while it was still worth something!

2. duggie1982

duggie1982 Sep 6, 2018

I have mine on ebay as we speak, UK one at £950 but this is my 3rd listing at that price and was not sold

3. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Sep 11, 2018

After having it almost a year now, i am very happy with mine. The design is still the best i have come across in smartwatch-land and the latest updates on Wear OS have really fixed every issue of significance and i am hoping the update that is around the corner will even improve the experience. It is kind of wishful thinking but i was hoping that maybe TH initiates some kind of an exchange program if an updated version of the CM45 comes around. If not and support stops somewhere in the future, i will replace the module with the Calibre 16 analog module and it will still be a great watch with the luxury of changing bracelets to match occasion and outfit, which no other watch has. In any case, keeping it :)

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  4. Rkick07

Rkick07 Sep 11, 2018

I agree, I would def update to a new connect.

5. TjPhysicist

TjPhysicist Sep 24, 2018

I feel like the ONLY person with the titanium bezel (it was the only one in store :( ), oh well. Speaking of bezel: THe 0-60 etched in there is UTTERLY useless, what purpose does it POSSIBLY serve? I mean, couldn't they have at least etched the usual tachymetre stuff. I get that the etching on the bezel is part of their design language, like the Heuer-01 but man at least give it SOME USE.

Or like the galaxy watch, where there are apps that USE the etchings, they have little circles around the outside that show timers etc (so the etching means you don't have to display the numbers inside the app/watchface). On top of that most watchfaces they have DISPLAY THE MINUTES ANYWAYS. Maybe have little colored circles like in this video (showcasing THIS VERY WATCH FROM TAG btw):
    that show "minutes to next meeting" or some such...do SOMETHING with it.

OR, even just adjust the watchfaces that have numbers displayed to display HOURS so at least you're not double displaying the same information.

6. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 24, 2018

I you have a watchface that doesn't have any numbers or hour-markers, then the bezel's numbers become useful to tell time.

7. TjPhysicist

TjPhysicist Sep 25, 2018

Question: by what considerations is this watch "Swiss made". I saw a few articles that made me think the "swiss made" label reffers to the "whole package" that may include a mechanical dial/module, in which case more than 60% of the value of the movement could certainly be swiss. But, in this case the "movement" is basically a digital chip (if it can be classified as "movement")...how does the "Swiss made" label work in such cases? As i understand there actually are some strict regulations about using that label?!

8. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 25, 2018

Go to page 1. You can watch the videos and/or read the review where this is explained:
    https://www.calibre11.com/in-depth-review-tag-heuer-connected-modular-45-android-smartwatch/

Albert-AMG and TjPhysicist like this.
  9. Msb

Msb Oct 7, 2018

Hi guys... I enjoy a lot my TH 45. The only thing that annoys me is the buzz create by the vibration. For example when someone call me, the person next to me could hear the wacht vibrating. Have any of you had this problem?

10. duggie1982

duggie1982 Oct 12, 2018

Well - ended up selling my Tag Heuer connected 45 titanium for £800 on ebay (RRP £1750) 13 months ago

It looked the part but done to little for the price so moving back to iwatch

11. Gingerbloke

Gingerbloke Oct 17, 2018

Hi Guys - I have owned my watch for a year now and have a couple of questions:

Does anybody else have these problems - is either of these this a warranty issue?

1: Waterproof. for the past few months, When I have submerged the watch - swimming or just washing dishes. the device is completely unusable - even after drying - it like there's water around the edge of the bezel. Finger will not do anything/half move the screen. and the screen is almost permanently on - battery drains like hell. Lock screen works until I unlock - then this happens anyhow...

2. Really annoyed with the "ceramic" Bezel. Why in hell did they provide a ceramic bezel with a PVC coated surround? watch is 11 months old and the edges are silver. but also - on one sire, the black coating appears to have come off? I can't imaging its from rubbing - rubbing what?
    see photo - is this normal after 11 months? I don't even wear the watch every day. 20181017_133556.jpg

12. jonq

jonq Oct 17, 2018

I have only had my SBF8A800111FT6081 watch for less than two weeks now and I'm very disappointed. Today was the final blow, the Google Pay will not load any cards and the Cust Service at Tag have no clue about the Connected watch. Look for a good deal on eBay because this puppy is going on sale.

13. whitecap

whitecap Oct 18, 2018

14. Gingerbloke

Gingerbloke Oct 18, 2018

wow - by even small impacts... I have a couple of PVD coated watched and after several years haven't seen this - must be the thinnest coating I have ever experienced...

what surprises me with mine is how clean the "peeling" is... and it's not on an edge that gets rubbed or bumped

15. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Oct 24, 2018

Did anybody else notice that now a number of official watch faces are now available individually on Google play? I for example see a referee watchface and even the Giro watch face is available. Makes me regret the pink official Giro strap i had when i bought the watch :unsure:

Let's hope they also release the watchfaces from other exclusive editions at some point. I really do like the Kingsmen watchface.

16. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Oct 24, 2018

Many of those watchfaces have been available individually for a while now.

17. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Oct 25, 2018

I noticed they are now available under one icon in the menu :)

18. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Oct 25, 2018

19. kwilcox

kwilcox Oct 29, 2018

Yup, there's a new app on my watch called Ambassadors & Partnerships that contains all the faces now.

20. BMW Works

BMW Works Nov 3, 2018

After some waiting time..my CM45 is back. a full replacement. the power button stopped working over night and with the perfect Tag support from Switzerland i recieved a new module. Thanks TagHeuer specially Mrs Zeina. Must add that i am thrilled after the new WearOs update. all perfect... buttery could be better but its ok.

20181023_152543.jpg
    Albert-AMG likes this.