Forums Latest Members

Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected E2 Modular 45

1. Feanor

Feanor Jun 27, 2018

If you use the Google Play store on your watch, then all apps are compatible. If you use the main version of Google Play on your phone, there is always a small symbol like a watch for apps that are WearOS compatible.

2. RJV

RJV Jun 27, 2018

Great quick reply! I guess I'll have to try the watch as I can't find anything through the iPhone. All I'm looking for is a simple reminder stored on the watch and notes that have an enter (or return) key. Even contacts only show the phone numbers and no addresses though all contacts are there.

3. Feanor

Feanor Jun 27, 2018

You have an iPhone? Then you don't have access to the phone version of Google Play anyway. You really have only the WearOS Play store at your disposal anyway. The rest of the limitations can also be restrictions for iOS users. I don't know because I have an Android. Someone with an iPhone may be able to help further.

4. HaloInReverse

HaloInReverse Jun 27, 2018

Picked up the Red Bull edition Modular 45. Noted that it was still running Wear OS 1.3 and not 2.0. I have been unsuccessful in getting it to update, to include unpairing the watch from my Pixel 2 XL, deleting all the apps, then reinstalling. Tried a factory reset twice and it still won't update.

Instructions seem very sparse for this model of watch...am I doing something wrong?

5. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 28, 2018

Here's what I wrote several dozen pages back:
    1. Make sure your watch is fully charged.
    2. Ensure WiFi is connected.
    3. Try disabling Bluetooth on the watch.

I'm the pastpI witnessed that having "Bluetooth on" could "disconnect the WiFi" when the phone was in range.
    4. Go to Settings > System > About > System Updates
    If you see the System is up to date "green check", keep "clicking it" (rapid pace touches) until you see the screen change and the download starts.
    Again, for this to work, you must be connected to WiFi, try it with Bluetooth off.
    6. Monitor the download progress.
    7. When the download is fully verified hit the option to apply.

Let me know if you see a different behavior.

6. HaloInReverse

HaloInReverse Jun 28, 2018

Still no luck. WiFi is connected, Bluetooth is disabled on both the watch and phone. I must have clicked that damn check at least 100 times, still nothing.

Does the watch have to be on it's charging stand during this process or just fully charged? I'm going to experiment after work and turn Bluetooth off and leave it on the stand with WiFi alone for a few hours and try it again...

7. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 28, 2018

Please check the pictures of my CM 45: mine also shows “Wear OS 1.3”, and it says that system is updated, checking it when it’s fully WiFi connected beeing in the charger, so I assume it has the last version (also Android 8.0.0, and security from 5th of May 2018), so I think you already have the last version too... or we both have the same
    problem!

Is someone having newer versions?

A80A6FE3-70C1-4D5E-B2B6-9D1A69848F48.jpeg C79FEDE0-6323-4FF1-9DDE-C02FFF5B2DC4.jpeg
  8. kpcps

kpcps Jun 29, 2018

Hello,

been watching this thread since day one of when the Tag Heuer Connected 45 is out. The main reason why I did not purchased one, it is the battery life. Now one year after I am still thinking to buy it but I am not sure if I want to cope with the low battery life.

Since I am using smartwatches in generally I like to have all notifications off, with my current ones (Fitbit Ionic, Gear S3) I do not even have the screen always on.

I am just wondering how the battery life is with notifications off and the always-on display off.

9. BMW Works

BMW Works Jun 30, 2018

Hello Tag friends !
    I readed all 92 pages before posting and thanks to all members that shared so munch helpful info.
    2 months ago i purchased a CM45 and I want to share some of my allover experience. Before I had Samsung GearS amd Gear S3 frontier. Both watches provide a much better smartwatch experience but one day i was in a meeting and counted 7 or 8 GearS3 devices and at that moment I decided I want to get out from that uniform most of people wearing these days. Where I look is Samsung and Apple or Huawei and LG. I do not like this and said to myself A WATCH SHOULD BE IN FIRST PLACE A WATCH AND SHOULD LOOK GOOD. I do not need a phone on my wrist . I also have a Monaco that i wear only at some special ocassions but after so many years with smartwatches i think best choice is the CM45. I do not complain about the battery issues because i always have in the evening 30 40% battery and can say its very dependend about wich watchface you choose. Best battery usage i gained is with the original Tag faces. I use Facer and Watchmaker and have quite a big collection but most of them are battery hungry.
    Only issue I have and maybe somone can help me further is when I am recieving a call,the watch buzzes but for 4 to 6 seconds I cannot see who is calling. I simply look at the watchface and feel vibrations. If i wait after some secs the caller is displayed.
    P.S. i have a extra dark blue band that I wish to trade for a Red one if someone is interested.
    Please excuse my english. Its not my native language.

20180630_125912.jpg 20180630_125906.jpg
    Edited Jun 30, 2018
    GoofyG, Iñaki and AndySix like this.
  10. kwilcox

kwilcox Jul 2, 2018

v1.3 is the latest. Here's an explanation that might help with the confusion:
    • Android Wear versions used to be pretty easy to follow: Android Wear 1.5 -> Android Wear 2.0 - 2.9
    • When Android Wear was renamed to Wear OS, the Android Wear app was updated from Android Wear 2.9 to Wear OS 2.10. This was simply an application update delivered via the Play Store.
    • Watches started to receive the rebranding system OTA which carried the version label Wear OS 1.0, and corresponds to the Wear OS 2.10 home app version.
    • Wear OS really carries two versions: one for the Wear OS home app and one for the Wear OS system. The Wear OS home app (what used to be Android Wear) starts at 2.10 while the Wear OS system starts at 1.0.
    • The most current version of the Wear OS home app is 2.12; the most current Wear OS system is 1.3.

11. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 2, 2018

Thanks for the explanation! So having that “1.3”, @HaloInReverse already has the most current version of Wear OS System, too.

12. kwilcox

kwilcox Jul 2, 2018

right. One more thing: this separation of Wear OS into system and home apps occurred for watches running the Oreo update. TMK watches still on Android Nougat will show only one version of WearOS and it is 2.x. I may be wrong on this, but I noticed the change when my watch got the OTA Oreo update.

Albert-AMG and BMW Works like this.
  13. BMW Works

BMW Works Jul 4, 2018

Gained with 3Counter Chrono original face. NFC off GPS on . Gestures off. Tilt to wake On

Screenshot_20180704-132026_Wear OS by Google.jpg
  14. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 4, 2018

Hi kpcps!
    I use it with NFC off, but all notifications on, GPS on, and I’m using always-on display on with custom Watchmaker faces (which are using more battery than the standard TH faces). I like to see a watch face ever, not a black screen... so I even switch off the dim modes of that Watchmaker faces, and every day, after 11 hours using the watch that way, the battery is (depending on the face) still around at 40-55%... so with your settings, you should easily have more than 20 hours of battery life. If this is enough for you, then go for it! ;)
    I’m very happy with the purchase, and enjoying the CM 45 every day, even using it with iPhone X. I understand it works even better with Android phones, but the Bluetooth connection with the iPhone is very reliable, and the notifications are working well

Edited Jul 4, 2018
  15. kpcps

kpcps Jul 5, 2018

Hello Albert,

thanks a lot for your reply. I bought the CM 45 yesterday!

still battling to update the Wear OS to 1.3 but I believe I will give up for now. I prefer to start enjoying the watch instead.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  16. BMW Works

BMW Works Jul 7, 2018

Hello. None has any clue with my issue?

17. kpcps

kpcps Jul 8, 2018

Hello,

I have not noticed any glitches like yours. Everything is OK, using Android Cell Phone.

18. BMW Works

BMW Works Jul 15, 2018

Hello friends. Has someone a Kingsman edition? As i know we cant have the original Kingsman face on our regular 45 . I have 2 Kingsman edition faces that are looking good but i wonder whats the original Always on from Kingsman look like? Thx

Edited Jul 16, 2018
    TjPhysicist likes this.
  19. chrisuk

chrisuk Aug 22, 2018

Anyone have any idea on resale values of these watches (all black titanium and ceramic) ? Perfect condition, box, warranty, receipt etc

I’m thinking of selling mine as I’ve got a new watch and this doesn’t see the light of day anymore, although since the last set of updates, now works flawlessly with iOS (#ironic lol).

Paid £2650 12 months ago.

Cheers

Duane Stinson likes this.
  20. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Aug 22, 2018

Best thing to do is look on places like eBay and see what theyre up for and what they completed at.

I sold my all black on calf leather about 8 months ago (sometimes regrettably) and got quite a good return on it, about £1600 I think... I'd imagine they have depreciated a bit since then