Forums Latest Members

Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected E2 Modular 45

1. Shevagol

Shevagol Mar 15, 2017

Because of limited resources online about using AW2.0 with iOS, i have to ask you this:

1. Is the Watch connected via iPhone Bluetooth only like AW1.5? This is because pairing with Android Phones will give you features such as Wifi pairing, and not only connected via bluetooth.

2. How about text services like Whatsapp? Can you reply Whatsapp text messages from the Watch when paired with iOS?

Thank you in advance.

2. dc42

dc42 Mar 15, 2017

They paired together so I think it is using Bluetooth. No idea about other messaging. Don't use them.

Battery is now an issue. Over 60% gone in four hours and has been hardly used. I may have a problem with this one.

Shevagol likes this.
  3. dc42

dc42 Mar 15, 2017

Despite switching off the wifi and always on screen function the battery is dead in 8 hours. Hardly been looked at. Will give it another go, looks like it's going back though.

4. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 15, 2017

Mine will be shipping out today. TAG Heuer headquarters in the US was closed yesterday due to a blizzard. Once I get it, will post my observations about the battery life.

5. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Mar 15, 2017

I was about to place an order online but it says Factory Supply: 28 business days. I didn't want to order if it meant I'd be waiting until April to get it.

Unfortunately they closed the NYC boutique so I've no idea where to buy one now.

6. dc42

dc42 Mar 15, 2017

Well mines being swapped in the TH boutique tomorrow. They confirmed I should get 25 hrs without needing to switch stuff off. 8 hours with screen and wifi off is a problem

7. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Mar 16, 2017

Picked mine up tonight! I was planning on getting the leather strap and a rubber strap at the same time but the leather straps aren't in yet and honestly don't look that great. But seeing the Titanium strap sold me. Ended up with the black rubber strap and the titanium strap ($700 ouch).

IMHO this is the watch that they should have released originally. Screen is much better and finally we get a metal back and real water resistance.

8. dc42

dc42 Mar 16, 2017

Watch replaced. Could hear on the phone in the store that mine is the first to have a problem, typical!

They said the best thing to do on day one is pair up your phone and then not to charge the watch until bed and give it good few hours.

Fingers crossed this time.

9. imagwai

imagwai Mar 16, 2017

Apologies if I missed it in the article but is there a 39.5mm version coming in the autumn?

10. dc42

dc42 Mar 16, 2017

The fact the watch is called 45 after the diameter, I would assume this is in advance of a smaller model say Modular 39 being a future release

11. jmagla

jmagla Mar 16, 2017

Hmm, got mine yesterday, the black dial, titanium lugs and brown calfskin strap which looks very nice, I think. I used mine a lot this morning, and the battery drained in less than 8 hours. This did involve a lot of switching on and off and a reset of the watch, along with downloading a few apps. WiFi and NFC on throughout.
    I've just charged it up to 53% and in 35 minutes of no use, it's down to 48%, I'll keep an eye on it, but battery life doesn't look good to me.

12. jmagla

jmagla Mar 16, 2017

What's is your thoughts on the replacement? Any noticeable improvement in battery life?

13. dc42

dc42 Mar 16, 2017

Big difference. Set up new one one. Been on all day and messed with it tonight. Battery is down to 10% but getting charged all night soon. Will keep wifi off still as not sure why you would want to leave it on except for when on the play store.

14. jmagla

jmagla Mar 16, 2017

Yes, think you're right, WiFi is the battery killer, will switch off and monitor....

15. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 16, 2017

Mine arrived today. The overall quality is immediately noticeable compared to the OG model. The battery was drained to 20% (I believe it had ~60% on first run) from doing the setup, downloading some apps and while getting familiar with the new UI. Need to do testing to figure-out how it performs on normal wear.
    upload_2017-3-16_17-39-4.png
    Have any of you been able to find the TAG Heuer Connected app in the Android Play Store from the AndroidWear Watch app? I see this message on the phone when running it.
    upload_2017-3-16_17-54-5.png

16. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Mar 16, 2017

No, I was looking for that as well. Searching for Tag Heuer Connected brings up the Android Wear app on the watch which did need updating, but otherwise, it was a bunch of imitation watch faces.

17. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 16, 2017

How are your sapphire crystals holding up? Do you see any scratch marks?

18. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Mar 17, 2017

No problems here. BTW, in store, they said there's actually two pieces of plastic on the screen.

19. dc42

dc42 Mar 17, 2017

The one I returned seemed to have minor scratch marks. The new one doesn't. I have seen the connected app here (uk) on google play. I'm waiting for the iOS version.

I've seen a number of apps on google play under the Wear section and they say are not compatible. Can't understand this. So far I've only downloaded google maps and Strava. Anyone recommend any worthwhile apps? Maybe we could list good apps on th thread as its a needle in a haystack job.

20. dc42

dc42 Mar 17, 2017

Haha. Just found the second layer of plastic. Screen much better with that gone. Now this watch says the software is up to date but I don't have the Heuer01 face. How do you get it?