Other Watches / Other Brands

Sub £1k - Used Squale Sub 39 GMT Vintage Blue OR A Seiko diver of some kind
Sub £5k - Used Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Revival (just about in budget) OR New Tudor BB Chrono (white dial panda)
Sub £10k - Grand Seiko "Lake Suwa" SLGA007

even on the ‘other brand’ still choosing Tag? No preowned Chopard under £10k?

Well, what did you expect?

Yeah okay, actually I would have to consider an Alpine Eagle if it was under £10k.

Well, what did you expect?

Yeah okay, actually I would have to consider an Alpine Eagle if it was under £10k.

Broader horizons lol

Sub £1k - Vintage Tissot PR-516, as worn by Roger Moore in Live and Let Die
Tissot-pr-516-roger-moore-live-and-let-die-4.jpg

Sub £5k - Vintage Porsche Design/Orfina Chronograph, as worn by Mario Andretti (and some dude called Maverick)
Porsche-Design.jpg

Sub £10k - "New" Zenith A3817 Chronomaster Revival
Zenith-Chronomaster-Revival-El-Primero-A3817.010.jpg

Not in buying mode right now, just keep going back to take a look every so often.

Actually, whilst on the topic of Digital, what two other Digital watches would you suggest to go with my Hamilton PSR?

Got the Stainless with Green version, so did toy with getting the Black with Red when on offer recently, with a viewing to hunting down a decent deal on the popular Gold version.

Decided to go for three totally different pieces though, hence open to cool suggestions, even though I already have a few in mind.

I see you're into retro digital. It's cool, in a funky groovy kinda way.

However for me, this pair of Seiko Speedtimers is more my style. Released to celebrate 100 years of Seiko. I just have a thing for pandas. :rolleyes:

20231128_144343.jpg 20231128_144311.jpg
There’s no doubt that Panda’s are your thing. I think that’s why the Ikuzawa appeals to you so much. It fits in with the others, but is oh so different, which gives you something fresh from the norm which is always a good thing.

Those Seiko’s are cool, but not for me.

4k England money :eek: that is one expensive little time telling computer from the 80's
It is certainly an expensive piece, hence I would never buy, but it certainly appeals. It’s the same price in Welsh money btw.

It is certainly an expensive piece, hence I would never buy, but it certainly appeals. It’s the same price in Welsh money btw.
I have no idea what welsh money is but it sounds very fancy

I have no idea what welsh money is but it sounds very fancy
lol. Was just messing as I live in Wales. Same £ as England.

lol. Was just messing as I live in Wales. Same £ as England.
My apologies. I am highly uneducated and ignorant. Rob can attest to this.

My apologies. I am highly uneducated and ignorant. Rob can attest to this.
Don’t be daft, absolutely no apologies necessary!

I see you're into retro digital. It's cool, in a funky groovy kinda way.

However for me, this pair of Seiko Speedtimers is more my style. Released to celebrate 100 years of Seiko. I just have a thing for pandas. :rolleyes:

20231128_144343.jpg 20231128_144311.jpg
An here’s an IRL of the endlink “integration” on these Seiko Speedtimers:
upload_2023-11-30_0-47-57.jpeg

“An acquired taste” - is that how they say? :thumbsdown:

An here’s an IRL of the endlink “integration” on these Seiko Speedtimers:
upload_2023-11-30_0-47-57.jpeg

“An acquired taste” - is that how they say? :thumbsdown:
A bit odd that they didn't better integrate the end-link. :confused:
Seiko speedtimer.jpg
Perhaps they were going for an even more retro touch, when ill fitting end-links were more the norm. ::confused2::

The 42mm size and 14.6mm thickness would require an in person try on, even if I decided to get one. Which I won't, as I'd always choose a Carrera Panda over one of these. Nevertheless, they have my attention. :coffee:

Reminds me of my fiddy bay, the bracelet looks like it was an afterthought after finding a box of available bracelets they introduced for an entirely different watch