Other Watches / Other Brands

Which one is the favourite? I personally like the blue and the orange best. For 340 quid up to the buyer if they want to pay that for a disposable watch at the end of the day, but I think they look alright.
I got the blue yesterday (probably my favorite) and the white arrived today. Orange (2nd best) and Yellow should arrive later this week.

I got the blue yesterday (probably my favorite) and the white arrived today. Orange (2nd best) and Yellow should arrive later this week.
I take it you're not ordering these directly from Swatch, are you?

I thought the Fifty Fathoms, like the moonSwatch, was only available by purchasing in person at a Swatch Boutique.

I take it you're not ordering these directly from Swatch, are you?

I thought the Fifty Fathoms, like the moonSwatch, was only available by purchasing in person at a Swatch Boutique.
Correct, these are only available on select Swatch boutiques. I was in Vegas last week, and they were people inline before the store opened every day, exceeding the available supply. So, I caved and purchased 4 over ebay. As for the Moonswatches, I've only purchased them on the Swatch stores, as people do try to pass replicas as genuine articles, when selling 2nd hand.

Ooooh big want big want big want big want

upload_2023-10-17_11-45-16.png

41mm version of the Mojave chrono. Love it

My Moonswatch collection grew quite a bit this past week. I have 4 left to go!
upload_2023-10-10_20-22-38.png

I still haven't got my first one!

(Not been to London for months!)

I still haven't got my first one!

(Not been to London for months!)
They are much easier to get now. Call them to understand how much inventory they carry and if they have the one(s) you want, so you can plan your visit.

Probably of no interested, but local Jewellers to me - Toulsons - Tunbridge Wells - Kent had 50% Maurice Lacroix going to be very niche I know.

xXg6NSf.jpg

Probably of no interested, but local Jewellers to me - Toulsons - Tunbridge Wells - Kent had 50% Maurice Lacroix going to be very niche I know.

xXg6NSf.jpg
Didn't know you were Tunbridge Wells? Or did I? I just moved from Sevenoaks to Tonbridge and my girlfriend lives in T Wells. No interest in Lacroix I'm afraid, though. :)

Love the strap that came with my Pelagos FXD Red Bull. It’s a Velcro strap, so I time will be limited before the loops are no longer reliable. Whilst I am, hopefully, a long way off that I am fancying some other straps to switch things up.

Has anyone used Erika’s Originals parachute type straps? They look really nice and appear to be great quality. They do an option for the FXD and also do the gongs like DLC clasps and engraving etc.

I am just wondering whether €100 plus postage is overkill when there are similar ones on Amazon for £10-£20. I am no skinflint, so would spend that but also don’t want to waste money if there is very little difference.

Anyone used them or similar straps from elsewhere? Anyone with an FXD got any suggestions.

Love the strap that came with my Pelagos FXD Red Bull. It’s a Velcro strap, so I time will be limited before the loops are no longer reliable. Whilst I am, hopefully, a long way off that I am fancying some other straps to switch things up.

Has anyone used Erika’s Originals parachute type straps? They look really nice and appear to be great quality. They do an option for the FXD and also do the gongs like DLC clasps and engraving etc.

I am just wondering whether €100 plus postage is overkill when there are similar ones on Amazon for £10-£20. I am no skinflint, so would spend that but also don’t want to waste money if there is very little difference.

Anyone used them or similar straps from elsewhere? Anyone with an FXD got any suggestions.
Mine is on erikas - take a tip. Don’t waste money on crap straps. Soon you’ll have double the amount of money invested in a load of rubbish you don’t wear.

same with natos. You can by tens of straps for a tenner or twenty quid each but they pale into comparison versus straps like omega which are expensive but well worth it.

An erikas is 80 quid delivered. Make sure you order for the FXD. They are super comfortable, a perfect fit and very strong.

the original straps are great also. They upgraded the Velcro quite recently so they should last longer than you think. They are pricey to replace at c.150 quid however

IMG_7015.jpeg IMG_7016.jpeg IMG_7020.jpeg
Edited:

I generally more inclined to spend more on quality, but just wanted to be sure on this one. Really appreciate you confirming from experience as these do look like amazing quality!

Just need to narrow it down to maybe 2 straps when ordering. I have some ideas but interested in what you think might suit my Red Bull version @stevec14

I don’t particularly like a standard nato btw. Just can’t get my head around the foldover over sticky out bit at the end.

I generally more inclined to spend more on quality, but just wanted to be sure on this one. Really appreciate you confirming from experience as these do look like amazing quality!

Just need to narrow it down to maybe 2 straps when ordering. I have some ideas but interested in what you think might suit my Red Bull version…
100% worthwhile mate - I am going be be buying another one. I haven’t used the original since it came. One word of note is that they are a bit of a pig to get on, but once done wear terrific.

I think the swick or the black ops would look pretty good on yours - but that’s just me. I’m going for the original green next I think to get out of the all blue look.

I don’t particularly like a standard nato btw. Just can’t get my head around the foldover over sticky out bit at the end.
Yeah - I’m not the biggest fan - but they work well onthis. The biggest issue is you have double the material underneath the watch which makes it wear a bit taller.

IMG_7004.jpeg

100% worthwhile mate - I am going be be buying another one. I haven’t used the original since it came. One word of note is that they are a bit of a pig to get on, but once done wear terrific.

I think the swick or the black ops would look pretty good on yours - but that’s just me. I’m going for the original green next I think to get out of the all blue look.

Cool.

I am thinking Corsa with red and white stripe or one of the Black Ops. Stick or Connery could work too.

The lumed ones look quite cool too, except green lume not blue.

Might get FXD engraved in clasp. They can’t do logo’s due to copyright.

Yeah - I’m not the biggest fan - but they work well onthis. The biggest issue is you have double the material underneath the watch which makes it wear a bit taller.

IMG_7004.jpeg
Looks cool in fairness but that foldover and double pass is not for me.

Looks cool in fairness but that foldover and double pass is not for me.
I have a technique for tucking in the foldover tightly to where it doesn't bother me. I love Omega's NATO straps too, pricey but worth it to me.
20230815_122537e.jpg

Having said that, I'd go with one of Tudor's single pass fabric straps for the FXD. I love them just as much as Omega's NATOs. Here's a pic of mine on my BB58.
20211206_101227.jpg

Both of those look excellent @Mspeedster fair play.
They do indeed look good - but tudors single pass straps have lug holes in them - fxd’s do not need them. So while they’ll fit I suspect they may look a bit odd.

and yep, you can fit the nato do the side bit is not as obtrusive.