Other Watches / Other Brands

Normally green is not something I would buy but this SBGW303 is very tempting at 36.5mm and handwound with a gorgeous Mt. Iwate dial;

upload_2023-9-15_15-0-13.png

That dial is superb. Overall looks a bit tame to me though. Perhaps it’s because I am drawn towards divers all the time, or maybe because of the size perhaps.

Love what GS do, although like many watches often something which is a no no for me. In this case no lume

I do really like it. But I think I prefer the 36mm Cherry Blossom
cz5qa6pfd7t81.jpg
Agreed and available on C24 for about 1k cheaper, mistakenly thought the green one was 5.5k but that is RRP in gbp, euro price is 6.3k

I've been jonesing for something glow in the dark. This looks interesting in the future on the secondary market. Bulova has seemed to be listening to the customers lately. Here's a flyer GMT for $1300 with retro appeal at 41mm and a full lume dial...

I've been jonesing for something glow in the dark. This looks interesting in the future on the secondary market. Bulova has seemed to be listening to the customers lately. Here's a flyer GMT for $1300 with retro appeal at 41mm and a full lume dial...
Price is good. But what a about the OG Night Diver, or the Aquaracer Night Diver tribute, or the new Monaco Night Driver!!!!??? :D

I just invested in upgrades of some things in my house, so I’m looking for inexpensive options as fun money is tight. I will keep on saving and window shopping in the meantime. Night Diver Tribute is the way to go for me. Patience is killing me though…:oops:

I just invested in upgrades of some things in my house, so I’m looking for inexpensive options as fun money is tight. I will keep on saving and window shopping in the meantime. Night Diver Tribute is the way to go for me. Patience is killing me though…:oops:
I hear you! If my wife hadn't bought a new car this year, I might've succumbed to the dark side and bought the Monaco Night Driver. But I still love that Night Diver tribute, if only it had a better movement.

Seeing Night Divers for like $2250 these days... tempting

The new Defy would be very cool if it were slim and like 39mm - would be a true sporty Royal Oak alternative. Instead they're enormous :/

Picked this one up today. Something a bit different at a great price. I love it.

IMG_5602.jpeg
IMG_5604.jpeg

Bluewater visit on Saturday meeting my mate whose desperate for the crown.

He finally got to try on the Sub and it's the one for him, so he's registered is interest in the date, ND & 39mm Explorer. Although knows. (He's still slightly torn between the reverse panda Tudor chrono and Speedy). Deep down he's bought it to Rolex & residuals.

I did get to try on the new Sub, whilst visually is the pick of the bunch for all watches, but oddly felt very big compared to my BB58.

iwAByzk.jpg

Think I've missed the boat on new Rolex, if I ever was to get a Sub, maybe an older 2 liner 14060m would be the one

Attended the launch party for the new Collective Montblanc collaboration. I’ve never paid attention to Montblanc even despite the Minerva movements but found that there were some really cool models in the catalog.
Here’s the Collective:

IMG_2357.jpeg
IMG_2358.jpeg
IMG_2362.jpeg

Here are a couple other cool pieces they had on display, a green edition and an obsidian-dial, titanium monopusher rattrapante:

IMG_2360.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg
IMG_2364.jpeg

This one was the big winner of the night for me though. Love the look, the size, the Minerva logo on the subdial and the devil’s tail chrono lever:

IMG_2365.jpeg
IMG_2366.jpeg

$30k means it’ll never be mine, but it’s a new high-end chrono dream for me!