No more Heuers?

I remember reading here a while ago that young Freddie was to stop using the Heuer name whilst favouring TH, and I remembered the ensuing discussion and personal thoughts being shared.

I was interested therefore to see that the new TAG Heuer X Hodinkee Seafarer collaboration utilises the TH logo rather than Heuer - a watch that might be perfect to be named the latter? I’m aware that previous Hodinkee colabs used the Heuer only brandname for the Skipper and the Dato, and I’d have expected the same for Seafarer. Does this reinforce the end of Heuer - or perhaps, that it will be used in future on a new ‘legacy’ range? Ok, that’s wishful thinking on my part.

IMG_4863.jpeg

Photo courtesy of Hodinkee

Would have been interesting if they had followed the previous collab, with Kith, as we would have had Hodinkee Heuer on this one then…

I remember reading here a while ago that young Freddie was to stop using the Heuer name whilst favouring TH, and I remembered the ensuing discussion and personal thoughts being shared.

I was interested therefore to see that the new TAG Heuer X Hodinkee Seafarer collaboration utilises the TH logo rather than Heuer - a watch that might be perfect to be named the latter? I’m aware that previous Hodinkee colabs used the Heuer only brandname for the Skipper and the Dato, and I’d have expected the same for Seafarer. Does this reinforce the end of Heuer - or perhaps, that it will be used in future on a new ‘legacy’ range? Ok, that’s wishful thinking on my part.

IMG_4863.jpeg

Photo courtesy of Hodinkee
Other than the C11 Monaco, I really doubt we'll see another Heuer branded TAG anytime soon.

I think LVMH wants to reaffirm the brand's identity as TAG Heuer. Which they already tried back in the early 2000s, with the heritage reissues of the Carrera, Monza, Monaco & Autavia switching from Heuer to TAG branding. Then things swung back to Heuer branding in the 2010s. Now in the 2020s we're back to TAG, so perhaps things might swing back to Heuer closer to 2030?

I think LVMH should introduce a parallel sub-category of "Legacy Collection" for every watch family - namely Monaco, Carrera and Autavia. The watches released under this collection could be your revivals, limited editions and collabs. The key should be limited releases in a year to maintain the thin connect to the history of the company.

Should we also see new modern editions with only TAG on the dial. Collabs could then replace Heuer then. Current glassbox, being a modern new design, could then be a TAG Hodinkee for example.

The only Heuer Branded watch for 2024 will be the upcoming LE Monaco. Available in September.

The only Heuer Branded watch for 2024 will be the upcoming LE Monaco. Available in September.

Funny thing, we've only had 56 watches this year so far... considering 10 of them were the Kith Heuers, last year we had 75 in total. I can't see there being 19 more watches to come.

Funny thing, we've only had 56 watches this year so far... considering 10 of them were the Kith Heuers, last year we had 75 in total. I can't see there being 19 more watches to come.
Still have all the 44mm skeleton Carreras to come. A few Monacos. F1's. Maybe another 10-12 at least.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the new skeletons... no more news on this Red Bull F1?

Oh yeah, I forgot about the new skeletons... no more news on this Red Bull F1?
No the Red Bull was the Connected model. Haven't heard about a F1 Red Bull.

No the Red Bull was the Connected model. Haven't heard about a F1 Red Bull
Hmm. Well it was very specifically described as having a black dial, a blue strap and RED BULL written graffiti style on the dial.