Forums Latest Members

Newbie vintage (TAG) Heuer question

1. EntropicLife

EntropicLife Jan 1, 2024

I have what looks like a TAG Heuer 2000 with the Lemania based chrono movement.
    It has 162.206 on the caseback. Crown and caseback have the usual "double" (TAG+Heuer) shield on them.
    The dial - as you can see - only has the Heuer logo...?
    I am trying to find out more about it.
    A while back I sent it to a very reputable (TAG authorized) jeweler, who contacted TAG Canada. They said THEY had to do the overhaul, so it was sent to them. TAG Canada contacted Switzerland, who said it had to come home for the overhaul... is this usual?
    I have seen a number that look the same, but all have the TAG on the dial as well...
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks!

20200126_200513.jpg 20200126_200538.jpg
    HoltzPlatz and Albert-AMG like this.
  2. EntropicLife

EntropicLife Jan 1, 2024

...BTW - I have original bracelet, box(es), papers - warranty card dated 1/92. They also reference 162.206.
    Pictured is just the band I have been wearing it on.

3. EntropicLife

EntropicLife Jan 4, 2024

I may try the vintage Heuer forum, just not sure if it's old enough to qualify.

4. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Jan 4, 2024

Appears to be in fantastic condition, congratulations!

Edited Jan 5, 2024
  5. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 5, 2024

It’s fine in this forum. The vintage forum should be for Heuer watches, previous to the TAG Heuer brand, and yours seems a TAG Heuer even with just the Heuer logo on the dial, because it has the TAG Heuer logo on the crown

Did you check this post with original Heuer and TAG Heuer catalogs from different years? Maybe you can find info there:

https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/tag-heuer-heuer-catalogue-archive.151048/

In the 1985 catalog (still Heuer) you can find this page
    Doodle_2024-01-05T07_37_49Z.jpeg

Maybe yours is in the middle of the Heuer to TAG Heuer transition: old dial with new crown? Or is it maybe an Heuer 2000, and the original Heuer crown was replaced some years later during a service?