New Post- Pepsi Bezel Aquaracer GMT

Review of the new GMT Aquaracer is live, with some great looking photos...enjoy

https://www.calibre11.com/in-depth-review-2017-aquaracer-gmt-calibre-7-way201f/

2017-TAG-Heuer-Aquaracer-GMT-Calibre-7-11.jpg

Nice review. Definitely a step up from the last F1 GMT (WAZ211A) model. However, I tend to prefer the "Batman" colors. Maybe that will change, when I see it in the metal.
206674-9e802aaefb2b0c582dd304bd62b362a7.jpg

Nice review. Definitely a step up from the last F1 GMT (WAZ211A) model.
206674-9e802aaefb2b0c582dd304bd62b362a7.jpg
Thanks- agree. Love the blue and red bezel.

Great review, not in the market myself but love the classic Pepsi scheme.

One question David, you state that the simplest way to set a second timezone on the GMT hand is when the main minute hand is on the hour. Why is that? Is it because the GMT hand complication is 'smooth' and doesn't jump in hour increments when setting? That's quite a compromise if true.

I don't think I could live with this 'reverse-GMT' movement. I like the main handset to be the time where I am located and the GMT hand to be set to 'home'. Rolex's GMT movement allows the main hour hand to jump forwards and backwards while maintaining the correct relative position between hour marks.

Great review, not in the market myself but love the classic Pepsi scheme.

One question David, you state that the simplest way to set a second timezone on the GMT hand is when the main minute hand is on the hour. Why is that? Is it because the GMT hand complication is 'smooth' and doesn't jump in hour increments when setting? That's quite a compromise if true.

I don't think I could live with this 'reverse-GMT' movement. I like the main handset to be the time where I am located and the GMT hand to be set to 'home'. Rolex's GMT movement allows the main hour hand to jump forwards and backwards while maintaining the correct relative position between hour marks.

Thanks Adam. From best I can work out, the GMT hand moves in 30 minute increments, so not a smooth sweep and not only in one hour increments (some online sources say that the 2893 does move in one hour increments, but not the ones I have seen)..so I figure that if you set the time on the hour, then its impossible to be wrong.

Agree that this GMT system is not as sophisticated at the Rolex solution, but then there's a big gap in price!

Thanks Adam. From best I can work out, the GMT hand moves in 30 minute increments, so not a smooth sweep and not only in one hour increments (some online sources say that the 2893 does move in one hour increments, but not the ones I have seen)..so I figure that if you set the time on the hour, then its impossible to be wrong.

Agree that this GMT system is not as sophisticated at the Rolex solution, but then there's a big gap in price!
True! And thanks for clarification. The half-hour increments may actually be hours on the 24hr scale of course! 😀

True! And thanks for clarification. The half-hour increments may actually be hours on the 24hr scale of course! 😀

That's how the GMT hand on my re-edition works, the GMT hand steps in hour intervals on the 24 hour scale. I must try the Rolex system, but I don't see it makes a massive difference, I'd set both hands whenever I travel anyway.

The deal breaker on this aquaracer is the aluminium bezel, a GMT is a tool watch and no tool watch should have something so fragile.

I have the Carrera Calibre 7 T-T and the GMT hand moves in 1 hour increments. These are 30 minute increments on the dial but equate to a whole hour on the 24 hour scale.

I have the Carrera Calibre 7 T-T and the GMT hand moves in 1 hour increments. These are 30 minute increments on the dial but equate to a whole hour on the 24 hour scale.

..and that's what the ETA docs say too. I hedged my bets because other brands using the same movement talk about 30 mins?

I like it, please TAG make a 200m version so that you can dispense with the hideous bubble.

I like it, please TAG make a 200m version so that you can dispense with the hideous bubble.
You can remove the cyclops (at your own risk!)

Well I'm not doing that, but, would it be possible to buy an Aquaracer and then have the glass changed for one without a cyclops? I asked in Ernest Jones and they said no, but still?

Well I'm not doing that, but, would it be possible to buy an Aquaracer and then have the glass changed for one without a cyclops? I asked in Ernest Jones and they said no, but still?
Come on! Live a little!

Don't blame you- I wouldn't go anywhere near one, but the point is that it can be done. Yes, I'm sure that you could get a replacement glass. I'm not sure that Ernest Jones would really know- I guess they mean that you can't make a special order. I'm sure your local watchmaker would be able to sort it out for you.

I guess it's like my best mate's wife, she's fit and beautiful but she has three moles on the side of her chin, I guess the cyclops is like that, you stop noticing after a while....😉

I guess it's like my best mate's wife, she's fit and beautiful but she has three moles on the side of her chin, I guess the cyclops is like that, you stop noticing after a while....😉
Or you might still noticing it but this time you find the beauty in it 😉

I think the nicest thing I can say about it is that it lacks cohesive design!

They made it as a poke to all the watch industry.

Last year they made the watch from swiss cheese.

Whoever buy this at full price though...