New Post: Heuer Carrera Calibre 18 Telemeter Review

The Carrera Calibre 18 is now showing up on the USA online store website today. Really tempted to get it right now, but I would like to try it on at an AD before. Most likely it's a foregone conclusion I'll get it.

tag_heuer_carrera_calibre_18_online_store_2015_07_30.png
tag_heuer_carrera_calibre_18_online_store_2015_07_30_b.png

The Carrera Calibre 18 is now showing up on the USA online store website today. Really tempted to get it right now, but I would like to try it on at an AD before. Most likely it's a foregone conclusion I'll get it.

tag_heuer_carrera_calibre_18_online_store_2015_07_30.png
tag_heuer_carrera_calibre_18_online_store_2015_07_30_b.png
Always try it on. =) I can't recall how many times I've tried on pieces that changed my mind in person.

Is this one ADIS (limited numbers) or part of the regular range? Hope that they have upped the numbers being made now that the price has come down
Definitely limited numbers. That's why I'm checking the couch cushions for loose change to add to the fund. lol

Yes Ariel & his team do some really well written articles. But the user comments, oh dear……it took all my will power not to harshly educate the poorly educated. It is the only reason I do not venture in to many watch forums.

You think? James writes well...in general, there are lots of other places I'd go to first

You think? James writes well...in general, there are lots of other places I'd go to first
Hey David,
Yeah I've been reading Ablogtowatch & Ablogtoread for a very long time now. I do enjoy, their brutal honest personal opinions. Unfortunately, in my opinion, their followers are still very uneducated. And it is not Ablogtowatch's fault, they provide some good & honest articles on the industry itself that seems to be ignored. I blame many watch forums personally. It ends up like Chinese whispers. The most in depth articles however, come from Hodinkee.

Cheers

Hey David,
Yeah I've been reading Ablogtowatch & Ablogtoread for a very long time now. I do enjoy, their brutal honest personal opinions. Unfortunately, in my opinion, their followers are still very uneducated. And it is not Ablogtowatch's fault, they provide some good & honest articles on the industry itself that seems to be ignored. I blame many watch forums personally. It ends up like Chinese whispers. The most in depth articles however, come from Hodinkee.

Cheers

Everyone's got their favourites.

Yes, I used to try and set the record straight on TAG Heuer questions across various forums, but after a while you realise that people believe what they want to believe!

they are now in UK stores and at £4150 from most common retailers.
tried it on at one place and it is pretty much a perfect fit for my 6" wrists so it's now a case of how I can work it into my to buy list/schedule.

(yes, it's one of those places that wraps their stuff....)
IMG_20150731_163034.jpg

for those that would know, this watch is pretty much the same size (width and thickness) as the 38.5mm Aqua Terra.

they are now in UK stores and at £4150 from most common retailers.
tried it on at one place and it is pretty much a perfect fit for my 6" wrists so it's now a case of how I can work it into my to buy list/schedule.

(yes, it's one of those places that wraps their stuff....)
IMG_20150731_163034.jpg

for those that would know, this watch is pretty much the same size (width and thickness) as the 38.5mm Aqua Terra.

Such a lovely watch…personally I think it's better when a place wraps their watches as it saves them from the tiny marks that can occur when they are taken out and put back in the windows every day

Well, unfortunately my Calibre 18 isn't working properly, initially the hours and minutes stopped working whilst the seconds sub dial still worked along with the telemeter function.

I reset the time and it worked for a day but then it happened again, on the third time it happened somehow the hour hand got out of sync with the mi utes so it's indicating about 20 minutes faster than the minutes hand.

I was offered a brand new watch by my OD in replacement but that wouldn't be 'my' watch, so it's going back to manufacturer for diagnosis and repair under warranty.

Fingers crossed a quick turnaround :)

So sorry to hear. Curious... what makes this "your" watch? Any specific serial number?

So sorry to hear. Curious... what makes this "your" watch? Any specific serial number?

I bought it with my heart, it was an early 40th present from my partner, it already has sentimental value, swapping it for a different watch, albeit the exact same model wouldn't be the same to me.

My watch has gone back for repair, the guys at the boutique in Manchester gave me a rather nice Tag Heuer braided steel pen for my trouble, It writes quite nicely, decent weight, not one to take to work to be stolen from the pen pot...

Hoping for more info soon, it went back as an urgent. Here's hoping they can turn it around quickly, so I can pick it up next weekend along with my Panerai that's been back for a repair and valet.

Missing my watches, but at least I have a nice all steel Seiko Sportura to fall back on, and being quartz it actually does a decent job of telling the time ;)

IMG_20151006_213718.jpg Saw this one in person today. It is beautiful, but tiny! A bit disappointed to be honest. I may still get it at some point, but it is no longer "next" on my list.IMG_20151006_190437.jpg
Edited:

I think the size is perfect, not too big, not too small, it fits under shirt cuffs unlike my Panerai.

There is an instant association with a larger watch providing better value for money because it's tangibly a greater asset, fwiw I think it sits nicely on yout wrist.

:)

Sean

Thanks Sean, I probably will still get it, but after the new McQueen Monaco, the Carrera Connected, and the Panamericana.

I got my watch back a couple of weeks ago, I've given it a good wearing and rotated it out with my other watches and all seems good.

The report from Tag said that the amplitude of the movement was dropping preventing the correct amount of power so they replaced the movement in it's entirety as a precautionary measure along with all new seals and a thorough test.

It's been fine ever since I got it back, so very happy.