New Post: Heuer Carrera Calibre 18 Telemeter Review

Nice! Earlier this week I called TAG Heuer in the US and I was told their availability dates show September for this model. Hopefully it will be sooner.

I was told to ask in the London stores circa July the 14th; one of them has taken about 20-25 orders so far and that's the date they (the store) were given.

£4800 though...
not sure I can justify that figure.

Maybe in the UK it will be sooner.

The price for the US that I was quoted a couple of weeks ago was $5450, with availability in September.

the £4800 is what's in their store (internal?) catalogue
i.e not the hard bound brochure.

I called again today and I was told these should become available by the end of July in the US for $5450.

I called again today and I was told these should become available by the end of July in the US for $5450.

That's a lot less than the proposed $6400- good news.

I've also had TAG Heuer confirm that, depending on the market, the first watches will arrive this month

As far as I know, the Cal 18 telemeter is still scheduled for this month, although there hasn't been any confirmation of stock being sent to the stores. The McLaren is already out, just in limited quantity at the moment.

Just a quick update, my local AD (in the UK) recieved one in today.

It really is stunning in person, the face colour is as vibrant as the 'on the wrist' pictures here, but the glass is just fantastic, hopefully something they'll use in more 're-issue styles' in the future.

The sapphire caseback seems almost identical so still not certain on the merits of the 'glass box encased mechanism', it did seem slightly lighter than the standard 39mm Carrera, but think it may have just been my imagination.

Looks like the boutiques at least, just received very limited pieces. I love it. Thinking about getting one myself before they're all gone. They plan on releasing more throughout August... And I thought it wears just like a 39mm should, if not smaller.

Looks like the boutiques at least, just received very limited pieces. I love it. Thinking about getting one myself before they're all gone. They plan on releasing more throughout August... And I thought it wears just like a 39mm should, if not smaller.

Is this one ADIS (limited numbers) or part of the regular range? Hope that they have upped the numbers being made now that the price has come down

Which boutique/s?

Is this one ADIS (limited numbers) or part of the regular range? Hope that they have upped the numbers being made now that the price has come down

Hi David. Yes it is a ADIS piece

A Blog To Watch posted a great review of the Carrera Calibre 18 today (July 29):

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-18-chronograph-watch/

The dial changes color between a warm silver and a near gold-tone depending on light and the entire character of the watch is changed by the pronounced boxed crystal, which manages to play with available light in a very pleasing manner while remaining remarkably glare-free. While this Carrera is larger than the vintage pieces that inspired it, at 39mm, it still manages to feel small enough to elicit a very specific vintage charm that mixes beautifully with the dial design and the boxed crystal.

Yes Ariel & his team do some really well written articles. But the user comments, oh dear……it took all my will power not to harshly educate the poorly educated. It is the only reason I do not venture in to many watch forums.