Forums Latest Members

New Heuer-03 XT Carrera with new movement technology

1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 30, 2021

It would be...just need to find someone to talk. I suspect that any of my TAG Heuer sources would simply say that it was a matter for Zenith...even though we all know who developed the tech.

2. imagwai

imagwai Sep 30, 2021

I suspect they will return it if you want but refuse to service it. So if you have a problem with your bespoke movement, I guess you have nowhere else to go.

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 30, 2021

Apparently Baume and Mercier (of all people) are on the verge of releasing their own take on this technology!

4. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Sep 30, 2021

Maybe they can offer service for Zenith owners in the future :thumbsup:

Yago and Aquagraph like this.
  5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 30, 2021

Wow, that would be embarrassing!

6. Remo

Remo Sep 30, 2021

That's exactly what I thought. And even if he was still an advisor for LVMH I doubt that the knowledge and equipment is there without him being present to service these movements.

7. kappa_md

kappa_md Oct 1, 2021

I was really interested and looking forward to this movement before and was hoping TAG Heuer would launch this in their model lineup. That’s why when Zenith announced this to their watch lineup, I told myself “What??!!” Then again, I thought it might help Zenith improve its image and sales so I guess, it’s fine since Zenith is part of the LVMH family and TAG Heuer is relatively doing good in comparison with the THREE brothers.

I can remember back then, Guy Semon was the brains behind the “haute horology” movement of TAG Heuee during the JC Babin’s era and I told myself, “WOW” :thumbsup: Isn’t that right? But TAG Heuer tamed down the “haute” and started repositioning its image (again)

But since these “master-pieces” are over-the-top prices, I could only wish and wonder if they are truly great! Other than an amazing feature, a very important value for me in watches and cars is RELIABILITY. And probably the reason why I’m a TOYOTA guy more than anything else. For watches, I’ve always seen TAG Heuer as a durable, dependable and reliable watch based on my experience in their main model lineups.

Calibre1887 / H01 is a reliable movement and I just hope somewhere down the line, TAG Heuer can still bring this movement to the market. It’s a remarkable movement combining bothe Japanese and Swiss technology (Silk Road?) But others are just averse with the idea (like the new Supra)

So comparing H01 vs H02 vs H03, H01 trumps all of the others ;) Right?

8. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Oct 21, 2021

Late to the party.

I think this has been covered before but Frederique Constant also launched similar movement.

Is it really that hard to maintain this kind of movement ? More and more factory are developing it and we are talking about Zenith here. Aren't they suppose to be quote unquote master of movement ?

However, this is where I think the difference make sense. FC announce it to be -4/+6 s/d movement. Definitely a much more tolerable than what Zenith might have claimed previously.

I owned both in house movement watch and general movement. At first, it was exciting to own an in house movement watch. Gosh, when it comes to service time (and IT WILL COME sooner or later) such a headache for in house movement. I am no longer crazy about In House movement now.

Frederique Constant Monolithic.jpg
    Aquagraph, Jim Dollares and neowatch like this.
  9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 22, 2021

The whole 'in-house' thing seems like a solution to a problem that didn't exist. All thanks to Swatch.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  10. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 22, 2021

I wonder how easy it will be to service a Heuer02 in 40 years. People will enjoy their cal 16's that anyone can service

OttoWilliam likes this.
  11. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Oct 22, 2021

I'm guessing $4000 US for a service.
    The new Aquaracer Range will probably cost $22000 by then.
    Limited Editions will be about $60000.

12. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 22, 2021

Ah yes, the lovely thought of a better future

13. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Oct 23, 2021

I wonder what is the limit of inflation...

14. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 23, 2021

At least we can all rest comfortably knowing that inflation is faster than average salary increases so most people are slowly getting poorer :thumbsup: here prices for food, housing, electricity and similar have increased extremely fast in the last decade but average salaries are hardly moving up.

15. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Oct 23, 2021

Yet watch collecting still give us hope...

Spread the worth ! start watch collecting now !