New Autavia Flyback

After seeing the OTD live pics, my preference is now for the black one.
TH_Autavia_Flyback_Black_IntroC-1024x836.jpg
TH_Autavia_Flyback_Black_IntroB-1024x731.jpg
Agree Michael.
I'm wondering if the Chrono Pushers are screw down or just made to look like they screw down.
Still no official number on height.

Waiting to see what price they are here.

Yeah those bad boys won’t sell at all :confused:
6k…
Flyback given the black tactical look but the bezel is shiny as f.
I like the bund green lume.

I think the black one looks OK, I also like the 'Bund'-style green lume. BUT:

that placement of the TAG logo instead of a 12... *shudders*

That's TAG though, even when they come up with something palatable they find small ways to mess it back up again.

That's TAG though, even when they come up with something palatable they find small ways to mess it back up again.

I like that though.... which I guess just underlines your point. Hahahaha.

And just look at that godawful date placement on the GMT ::facepalm1::

You know it seems to me that if they'd made the Dato 45 at 42mm they could have put the date in the right place. :rolleyes:

isn't Mido ownership about as sexy as buying a used Huyndai car

Based on my Ocean Star Titanium I'd say it's more like buying a lightly used stripper-model Hyundai for snow driving, and then finding out Hyundai has been quietly building these with LS motors in them, and eventually realizing you have more fun drifting it around because you don't really care about getting it dented ;)

If you want 'value for money' then look at Zelos and other microbrands, crazy specs for the money ceramic bezels, sapphire crystals, and so it goes on... but do they have the 'X' factor? No. And they don't sponsor the Premier League and all the rest of it. So you make your choice, true value or prestige.

The odd thing is I choose TAG even though I really don't care if anyone notices what I'm wearing. I just like them.

Based on my Ocean Star Titanium I'd say it's more like buying a lightly used stripper-model Hyundai for snow driving, and then finding out Hyundai has been quietly building these with LS motors in them, and eventually realizing you have more fun drifting it around because you don't really care about getting it dented ;)

Strippers drive hyundais? I picture them driving boxters or convertible Mercedes

The odd thing is I choose TAG even though I really don't care if anyone notices what I'm wearing. I just like them.
Yeah me too, no one I know or meet knows of TAG or care at all about it. Oh well, my dad knows but thinks its a shitter brand :rolleyes:

I hate to breach my consistent negativity about TAG's recent releases, but I really quite like the black/pistachio flyback. Bit too much text on the dial, shield placement reminds me of the 80s TH that had the shield on the bezel, but overall not bad.

The gmt is utterly hideous thou.

hate to breach my consistent negativity
Yes, being positive in a TAG Heuer forum must be tough :cautious: am I the only one who come here cause I love TAG :D

I noticed the logo placement right away. Doesn't bother me though, it's just different. I also notice that these have a new "vintage 2 stitch" style croc strap, not sure if TAG has ever used this design before on croc.

What I dislike is the shinny curved bezel. These (and all Autavias) would look nicer with a matte and more traditional flat bezel IMHO. Not a deal breaker for me, but the nearly $7k price tag for the black "bund" is hard to swallow.

Yes, being positive in a TAG Heuer forum must be tough :cautious: am I the only one who come here cause I love TAG :D

Historically I love TH watches (hence I own at least 5), but the last few years haven't been great

Yeah those bad boys won’t sell at all :confused:
6k…
Flyback given the black tactical look but the bezel is shiny as f.
I like the bund green lume.
When I think about it, if I were to get an Autavia, the Heritage H02s are still out there new and at a slightly more reasonable price. I'd go for one of those before one of these. But when I think about it more, an original vintage Rindt Autavia is still the one I'd most like to get.

I like the Autavia Flyback Panda, but only because of the color scheme. I’m not a fan of arabic numerals as hour markers being deleted. It’s just incomplete in my eyes every time I looked at it. Two of my TAG Heuer watches with arabic numersls are complete 1-12 :D I’d rather see them as line hour markers. But I’d still probably look into a JH85 Autavia vs this one. It’s a new take I know but still probably not for me. The Autavia 3 hand I’m not sure if it sold well, but tweaking it to make a chronograph.. hmm we’ll see :whistling:

I wonder, how does TH choose or which models will be COSC / Chronometer or not. I know it’s a bit pricey to make it COSC but I’m not sure how they decide which models get certified or not? ::confused2::

Is there a certain significant market in the watchworld that will cater to buyers only if the watch is COSC / Chronometer? :eek:
Edited:

Hmmmh… At first glance, these feel like an accumulation of missed opportunities :cautious:

No info on the L2L yet?