Monaco Gulf - CW2118 vs CW211A

Good morning everyone!
I'm new to this forum, simply because for the first time I put my eyes on a Tag Heuer that I can buy only second hand. The Monaco Gulf.
I've been chasing after the CW211A (second of the series, but first Gulf branded, orange and blue) for a while and right today I jumped into an official dealer to see whether they could help me somehow retrieve it...and they come out with a brilliant, excellent condition CW2118 with boxes, docs and 1-year warranty. Apparently just got from a trusted customer 3 weeks before.
I never really considered it too much, always been much more into the CW211A, but I have to say when i saw it live I just loved it. The point is that I dont know much about this reference (CW2118)...original leather strap is also in excellent condition. it's marked 3xxx of 4000 on the back and they ask 4900 euros (a bit too much maybe).
So please let me know what you think...is this ref more or less valuable than the gulf (CW211A)?
Is it equally collectible?
What would the fair price be?
Shall I proceed to negotiate it...what would you recommend me to check???

Thanks a lot for your help.
Ricky

Personally, I prefer the CW2118 but that price is way too high. I'd be looking to get I sub-4000euro.

If it's from an AD with a 1year warranty, I would not worry about checking it too much but worth asking if they've serviced it (or most likely given it a quick clean).

Which is more valuable/collectable? I don't think it matters if you love it and get a good price.

hey thanks a lot adam for the valuable info!
it's in really good conditions...I'll try to negotiate then.

It's effectively beautiful and im almost changing my mind towards it...
R

Just to offer the alternative view, I think the CW211A is the pick of the Gulf Monacos in terms of looks and is on my list to acquire at some point in the future.

tnx a lot mr orange! that's been my position too for so long effectively...and even though the CW2118 is much better than i thought im totally still undecided...I'll see where my searches will take me to...😀

anyway...it's amazing how many "non passionate watches owners" actually dont like the monaco at all. i find it beautiful, especially in the gulf editions...

Blasting news...i may have found a nos brand new cw2118...incredible to say, isnt it?
Is 4900 more appropriate with all docs and tag heuer 2yrs warranty?

:O

It's amazing what turns up. When I bought my Aquagraph it was still new (but actually five years old)!

guys i bought it! it never got out of the store before...tag heuer warranty just activated! with all docs and original boxes...
it's beautiful...

guys i bought it! it never got out of the store before...tag heuer warranty just activated! with all docs and original boxes...
it's beautiful...
Looks great. Congratulations! 👍