Leather Strap for 45mm Heuer 01

I know Tag doesn't make an official leather strap for the 45mm Heuer 01. But does anyone know of a good after market product?

Thanks for the update Hubert.

The jeweler I bought the watch from ord3ed me the metal bracelet but said am leather strap was not available. I will definitely check back with them!

Thanks again.

That is a rather condescending response since you are probably unaware that TAG (Switzerland) do not like supplying straps other than the one that is designated for your model. IOW, if there is not a formal strap option, you may have difficulty ordering a different, albeit compatible, strap.

I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way; in no way I meant any disregard or disrespect to him or his question. In fact I took the time to put together the specific straps and their reference numbers, so that he could have actual choices.

Now, contrary to your assumption, I have ordered several straps and bracelets directly from TAG Heuer in the past, and never, not once, did they raise issue or make any of the orders complicated.

Worst case, if as you say that they make this process more difficult in other countries, he can simply tell them he needs a replacement for the original model referenced. That should do it.

I called in to TAG Heuer USA HQ in New Jersey the other day and asked if there is anyway I could purchase the brown calfskin leather strap for my Heuer 01 FT6044, and they said the only options available is a replacement rubber strap or a metal bracelet, no leather option available. I find it hard to believe since the FT6072 has the similar case as the FT6044 and comes with the brown calfskin leather strap. I don't know what their deal is. Any idea?

Contact these guys:
http://www.salvatigioielli.it/catalogo/en/

I've dealt with them in the past to source genuine TH straps; good service, good prices.
Even if it not listed on their website, give them a reference number and they will get it for you.

Sometimes AD don't feel like going the extra mile to order an accessory for you.

I called in to TAG Heuer USA HQ in New Jersey the other day and asked if there is anyway I could purchase the brown calfskin leather strap for my Heuer 01 FT6044, and they said the only options available is a replacement rubber strap or a metal bracelet, no leather option available. I find it hard to believe since the FT6072 has the similar case as the FT6044 and comes with the brown calfskin leather strap. I don't know what their deal is. Any idea?
Im in Perth Australia unfortunately this is what they called "EXCLUSIVITY" of design which I think is selfish of them not to allow their customers to change the look of our watch using original tag heuer materials from different line. Im looking to buy the heuer 02 strap which is a mix of alligator and rubber strap but because I own a heuer 01 Im not allowed to buy it. Instead they offered me a rubber with brown calf leather for 650$aud!

In a recent post on social media TAG Heuer posted a photo of a Heuer 01 with calfskin leather strap, I think it's a newer model compared to FT6044 since the case looks ceramic/all black. Guess if we want a Heuer 01 FT6044 with calfskin leather strap we have no other choice but to buy the newer model. 19990340_10154988457128655_6012083035323765136_n.jpg

Im in Perth Australia unfortunately this is what they called "EXCLUSIVITY" of design which I think is selfish of them not to allow their customers to change the look of our watch using original tag heuer materials from different line. Im looking to buy the heuer 02 strap which is a mix of alligator and rubber strap but because I own a heuer 01 Im not allowed to buy it. Instead they offered me a rubber with brown calf leather for 650$aud!
What they offered you must be the FT6072 strap, which is what I posted on above, in the second Heuer-01.

In a recent post on social media TAG Heuer posted a photo of a Heuer 01 with calfskin leather strap, I think it's a newer model compared to FT6044 since the case looks ceramic/all black. Guess if we want a Heuer 01 FT6044 with calfskin leather strap we have no other choice but to buy the newer model. 19990340_10154988457128655_6012083035323765136_n.jpg
FT6044 is the code for the black rubber strap. If you like the one from the picture you posted, ask for the FT6072 strap.

What they offered you must be the FT6072 strap, which is what I posted on above, in the second Heuer-01.
Yup thats the one. Im thinking rather than asking them if I can buy the strap to replace my current strap Il probably just give them the code and see what happen.

Yup thats the one. Im thinking rather than asking them if I can buy the strap to replace my current strap Il probably just give them the code and see what happen.
Exactly. Have the full watch code in-hand, in case they ask you.

I'm not sure if you can just hack it like that. I checked photos of the back of FT6072 and compared them to my FT6044 and other photos and found out that the connectors on the back of the case are slightly different and have different model numbers, FT6044's connectors are labeled "3221 Y" while FT6072's are labeled "3234 X", so I don't think they are interchangable. But you can try and if it fits, let us know.

Just an update I got a phone call from one of the AD that I inquired for about the FC6377 heuer 02 band. She can get it for me but it will cost 960$aud.

Just an update I got a phone call from one of the AD that I inquired for about the FC6377 heuer 02 band. She can get it for me but it will cost 960$aud.
Cool; will you get it? It would be a big step up from all others.

Holy crap, that price is bracelet territory!!! My eyes watered when I paid AUD450 each for a couple of straps I bought.

if you get the modular version you can get any of the modular strap/lugs combos?

I can't believe the prices for straps. Does anybody know how much they charge for the rubber straps?

I can't believe the prices for straps. Does anybody know how much they charge for the rubber straps?
Typically the expensive part is the deployant clasp (i.e. the folding mechanism). That's not to say that the straps themselves aren't also expensive, but I bet that 50% of that cost at least is the deployant.