Leather Strap for 45mm Heuer 01

Typically the expensive part is the deployant clasp (i.e. the folding mechanism). That's not to say that the straps themselves aren't also expensive, but I bet that 50% of that cost at least is the deployant.

The price I quoted is just for the strap. The stainless steel deployants are AUD150-160. The titanium clasps are more expensive.

The price I quoted is just for the strap. The stainless steel deployants are AUD150-160. The titanium clasps are more expensive.
Ouch

Indeed. The straps I bought were for the 300SLR and the MP4-12C. I believe they are a bit more expensive than a 'standard' leather strap. I was also told that there had been some price adjustments (up and down) some time last year because the 300SLR strap used to be AUD368 but I paid AUD450. Don't I wish I had ordered it when I first enquired!!

Update - I talked to Tag North America today. She told me that the pins are different and that only the rubber strap and metal bracelet are available. Not sure how much faith I put into that though seeing that she asked me “what color came with the watch originally.”

Guess the problem is I’m not willing to spend that much on a strap that might not work. So I guess their tactics worked on me. Good news is the bracelet is only $450 US, which I thought would be a lot higher.

Cool; will you get it? It would be a big step up from all others.
Im not convince with that price for just strap plus the risk of fitting problems due to different codes. Unfortunately bcoz its special order TH wont issue a refund if problem occurs. I would take the risk if less than 500$aud.

Im not convince with that price for just strap plus the risk of fitting problems due to different codes. Unfortunately bcoz its special order TH wont issue a refund if problem occurs. I would take the risk if less than 500$aud.
I don't blame you. That's a lot for a strap.

Was the strap really AUD960 or did that include the deployant clasp? I just can't fathom the strap alone costing that much.

Was the strap really AUD960 or did that include the deployant clasp? I just can't fathom the strap alone costing that much.
According to AD its just the leather strap only as per TH email. Even the manager was surprised with that price.

According to AD its just the leather strap only as per TH email. Even the manager was surprised with that price.

Wow, just wow. I really think they are taking the p with that price.

Something is going on with that price. Because we're talking about the Heuer-02t leather strap, I could imagine that there is a premium pricing because it may be better quality leather (fair enough- $5k watch vs. $15k watch...you'd expect better leather)...and maybe another premium because they don't want to encourage Heuer-01 owners to pimp their watches with the look of the more expensive model?

Something is going on with that price. Because we're talking about the Heuer-02t leather strap, I could imagine that there is a premium pricing because it may be better quality leather (fair enough- $5k watch vs. $15k watch...you'd expect better leather)...and maybe another premium because they don't want to encourage Heuer-01 owners to pimp their watches with the look of the more expensive model?
I saw this strap in person when it was first released. This is the same alligator leather that they used on cal1887 racing edition. Rubber wise heuer 02 is abit hard compared to heuer 02. Not really a huge difference in terms of quality really.

I agree. But then it sounds like they would be penalising 02T owners who need a replacement strap unless owners get the 'owners' price.

I asked about it in my local TH boutique and the price is about the same. Leather only. My master plan is officially ruined.

I asked about it in my local TH boutique and the price is about the same. Leather only. My master plan is officially ruined.
Haha. Same here. I just can't drop that amount for just a strap. My plan B is to change my cal36 flyback strap to cal1887 racing edition and manager said to me it will cost me about 650$aud but to be confirmed today.

Haha. Same here. I just can't drop that amount for just a strap. My plan B is to change my cal36 flyback strap to cal1887 racing edition and manager said to me it will cost me about 650$aud but to be confirmed today.

Even that seems crazy expensive!!!

Too bad even 650$aud is enough to keep me at bay. I think it will be hard for me to spend more than 450$aud on a strap for now.

OK, I just got these prices (AUD) from a contact at my local boutique:

FC6325 (Cal 36 Racing) - $445
FC6377 (H02T) - $620
FC6237 (Cal 1887 Racing) - $445.

The first and third are exactly what I would have expected. The second seems more plausible given David's comments above about better leather and exclusivity for the 02T.

I went to my local AD to price out the rubber strap and deployment clasp. It cost $595 US dollars for the rubber strap, two end pieces, and the deployment clasp! Its $75 for each end piece, $200 for the deployment clasp.

OK, I just got these prices (AUD) from a contact at my local boutique:

FC6325 (Cal 36 Racing) - $445
FC6377 (H02T) - $620
FC6237 (Cal 1887 Racing) - $445.

The first and third are exactly what I would have expected. The second seems more plausible given David's comments above about better leather and exclusivity for the 02T.
Hmm. Different pricing. Cal 1887 racing here is 650$aud. thanks