Forums Latest Members
  1. Akineton

Akineton Aug 2, 2022

Hello guys,

After re-reading the E3 thread's 57 pages, I can't seem to find the solution for a basic question:
    Is there a way to get a normal black leather strap for the E3?

Was something this basic never released? And if it never was released, any suggestion for getting one that would fit the E3? (Besides breaking the watch's bar and trying to fit a smaller Autavia's strap, that is :) )

P.S.:
    I'd have posted this in the E3 thread, but it has no activity for almost 3 months.

2. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 2, 2022

I don’t know if a black leather strap was ever made for E3 (I’m afraid not), but there is a black leather strap for E4 45mm (BT6269), although while E3 straps fit E4 45, it seems that E4 45 straps don’t fit E3 so well… there are people who have done it, but they report a slight friction with the lugs

You know… if you want a really wide variety of official straps, you need an E2 Modular 45 ;)

Akineton likes this.
  3. Akineton

Akineton Aug 2, 2022

Your relentless evangelization for the E2 45 is heart-warming :)

As previously remarked elsewhere in the forums, due to aesthetic (subjective) reasons, I only do 41-42 mm smartwatches; hence, I have all the Movado Connect 2.0s, all the Montblanc Summit 2s, and the 3 models of the E2 41. However, I needed something with a big screen for one daily occasion: The gym. In that context, I don't care about aesthetics and the tech of the E3 sensors-wise is obviously at a different level.

Having said that, I received so many compliments at the gym about the E3 that I was wondering why not have a leather strap for the *OCCASIONAL* use outside the gym :p (Perhaps for the raw partying at the beach ;) - where I wouldn't take my beloved E2 41s).

Thanks for the advice on the E4 45 leather strap for the E3: As always, your expertise is much commended

Albert-AMG likes this.
  4. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 2, 2022

Yes, the Church of Modular 45! :D

I also love the Modular 41 ;) (it’s also Swiss Made, it’s also Modular, and it shares design with the Modular 45), but as it has far fewer available accessories (straps and mechanical modules), my choice is the Modular 45 ::love::

You could have chosen an E2 Modular 45 for the gym, using a bluetooth heart rate sensor belt (arm or chest), which is the only sensor it lacks to match the E3 (and it's also more accurate than the wrist sensor). It would have made a good pair with your Modular 41s :)

1AC0ED30-26B3-40EA-854F-E27690A6830C.jpeg C3B63D8F-7109-4D1B-BD82-4A2DBCD92EAC.jpeg C7479C6C-ED52-4A99-AF77-ADBA5764FF1F.jpeg A15A5C69-A475-4793-96D8-89A37AFBDA87.jpeg

I'm sure you'd also get a lot of compliments at the gym about an E2 Modular 45… although I understand you don't want to risk a Swiss smartwatch at the gym or the beach ;) ;)
    Anyway, glad you are enjoying your E3 as a 'beater' :thumbsup:

You're welcome, it's a pleasure! :)

Akineton likes this.
  5. Akineton

Akineton Aug 2, 2022

6. Akineton

Akineton Aug 2, 2022

@Albert-AMG One last favour if you do not mind... Who was the valiant man who was the first (in the world?) in breaking the E3's bar to put his own 22mm lugs? Were there more like him? I'm curious about how's life with a modded E3 in that respect -- which may persuade me to join the elite hacking team! ::stirthepot::

7. Akineton

Akineton Aug 2, 2022

I did some digging and it seems that TAG GUY was the first (and only one?) who did it. I think that a certain point he got disappointed with the TH Connected range and opted for other brands (Montblanc, Garmin, even Samsung), all the way to leaving the forums - if I'm not mistaken.

2020 TAG Heuer Connected (E3) - Discussions Thread | Page 16 | TAG Heuer Forums

Anyone knows how was his experience with the modded E3, in terms of getting more straps that would otherwise not fit?
    Or of anyone else who followed his example on this?

I'm seriously considering modding this watch too - a silver lining of owing a piece of unparalleled Chinese craftmanship ;)

Albert-AMG and Anthony.R like this.
  8. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Aug 3, 2022

I've removed the fixed springbar also on E3.
    As long as you replace it with a good quality 3mm springbar it will be fine.

You then can use any 22mm strap you like along with the original straps also.

Akineton and Albert-AMG like this.
  9. riseagainst

riseagainst Aug 3, 2022

Yes, TH released a black leather strap for the 2020 version. TH also released two brown leather straps, a blue leather strap, and an olive leather strap. I assume you can still find them through online retailers, and perhaps direct through TH, but they were removed from the TH web site when E4 launched.

Akineton likes this.
  10. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 3, 2022

I think you already found it, and also @Anthony.R gave you the answer about the fixed springbar :thumbsup:
    When you talk about a black leather strap and a blue leather strap for E3, do you mean these ones? Because these are rubber with croc pattern (pretending be leather) but not true leather straps

BT6234
    5C074158-AD2A-4A44-B7F1-BDC8285A88DC.jpeg

BT6236
    68340170-91D3-4854-8751-89B81E9C095A.jpeg

11. riseagainst

riseagainst Aug 3, 2022

No. They're real leather. I have every one of them. They look just like the ones for E4, except for the blue, olive and one of the brown, which do not have a comparable in E4.

Akineton and Albert-AMG like this.
  12. riseagainst

riseagainst Aug 3, 2022

Albert-AMG likes this.
  13. riseagainst

riseagainst Aug 3, 2022

Those are my brown and green ones. The others are in a case in my car and I'll take a photo of them tomorrow.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  14. Albert-AMG

Great! :thumbsup:

15. riseagainst

riseagainst Aug 3, 2022

Here's my collection of leather straps for the E3. 20220803_075748.JPG

Albert-AMG and Akineton like this.
  16. Albert-AMG

Great! If you had the part number of them, it would be very useful to look for them at ebay or similar. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Akineton likes this.
  17. Akineton

Akineton Aug 3, 2022

Thank you so much @riseagainst... This actually changes everything.

While re-reading the long-ish E3 thread last week I came across a couple of complaints about this leather strap that was supposedly "advertised but not released". I know which one they referred to, hence my question of whether this mythical strap existed at all. It seems it was released after all and @riseagainst was one of the very few who could grab it. This is how one can 'find' it:

1. Go to https://www.tagheuer.com/us/en/smartwatches/connected-calibre-E3.html
    2. Scrolling nearly to the end, you will find a configurator. Press directly on the strap icon tab.
    3. Once in the strap carousel, go to the antepenultimate option (Black leather strap on a black rubber base). That's the one.
    4. However, when you press "Shop this strap", it will take you to some bullshit link.

@riseagainst, as @Albert-AMG said, do you have the part number? And Alberto, does the catalogue you have where the E3 appears, not show this strap with the part number?

If it's nearly impossible to get, I may end up having to break the E3 anyway (thanks Albert for the info and @Anthony.R for the feedback!)...

Albert-AMG likes this.
  18. Albert-AMG

No, in this catalogue there are no accessories, just a few standard E3 combos (the complete watch) with no leather straps, only rubber or the steel bracelet :unsure:

And you’re welcome! :thumbsup:

Akineton likes this.
  19. Akineton

Akineton Aug 18, 2022

I went ahead and had the E3's pins removed. Now I can fit any 22 mm strap!

Thank you for all the info and encouragement @Albert-AMG, @Anthony.R and @ASW!!

Albert-AMG and Anthony.R like this.
  20. Rob N

Rob N Jan 19, 2023