Forums Latest Members

Is my TAG Heuer Authentic? All questions here please

1. imagwai

imagwai Mar 2, 2016

Is it possible, do you think, that the re-edition could push up used prices of the original?

2. Big Adam

Big Adam Mar 2, 2016

That's exactly what's holding me back from buying this one! :)
    I also can't imagine releasing the 2016 Monza will bump UP the secondhand prices of the earlier re-editions so, on balance, I think I'm going to hang fire.
    (Oh, and I also agree with elbeik, I've not seen a re-edition replica. My only concern for this one was the crown was non-original but I'm now happy that's not the case)

3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 2, 2016

Great question; guess it could depending on the popularity.

4. elbeik

elbeik Mar 2, 2016

I don't honestly believe the Monza prices will go up.
    It remains understated compared to the Monaco and various Carreras, and maybe not topping the wish list of the brand lovers.

Heck, it doesn't even have a sticky on WUS :)

I love mine. And it also looks great on a lady's wrist.

5. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 15, 2016

Think this one is fine- here's a (terrible) close-up of mine..you can't see much, but it is the same crown
    IMG_2099.jpg

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 15, 2016

I remember JC Biver telling me that TAG Heuer had decided to cut back on their range and that they would continue either with the Monaco or the Monza. In the end they made the sentimental choice, but I suspect that the Monza has broader appeal.

I bought mine back in 2000 and remember looking at whether to get a Monza or a Monaco...I thought there is no way I could get away with a watch as outlandish as the square Monaco, so the Monza was the safer choice (but of course, I did end up getting a Monaco...or two ;) )

7. elbeik

elbeik Apr 3, 2016

8. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 3, 2016

automobilia42 likes this.
  9. akong71

akong71 Apr 3, 2016

Is it possible to report this seller?

10. automobilia42

automobilia42 Apr 4, 2016

Yes, look for the word "report" on the ebay listing page. I already reported it, but more reports from different people will certainly help!
    We should do this more often by the way, I do this every day on a national site. It helps, but as I corresponded with that site about the fact that they do not remove all of those ads, mrs. Margriet answered me she needs clear signs that the product is a replica/ fake/ counterfeit.
    But a message from the appropriate owner of the brand or statutory regulator would be a big help, as she said.
    Anyways, I still continue to report them day by day, hoping one day we will be freed from counterfeited, replica'd, fake TAG Heuers, which is of course fraud and a crime, and not only to the eyes, period.

Tallboy70 and akong71 like this.
  11. elbeik

elbeik Apr 5, 2016

The intertubes are infested with replica sellers; Instagram and Facebook are flooded with these, blatantly appearing in your news feed as sponsored ads; I wondered why Facebook allows this.

While I was looking for references prior to purchasing my SpaceX, I used Google images.
    The ration of real / fake images was shocking.

12. Scottish

Scottish Apr 9, 2016

I got this Monaco CS2111 with what seemed that an "original" package, but the user guide was for a round faced Caliber16, and the warranty card stamp is all blurred.

So, have I been conned?

IMAG1948.jpg IMAG1942.jpg IMAG1939.jpg 1460192326563-194267911.jpg
  13. Big Adam

Big Adam Apr 9, 2016

Yes, a CS2111 is the Heuer Reedition with the 'Heuer' logo on the dial and clasp, not the 'Tag Heuer' one. You have a fake. Sorry.
    EDIT: Scratch that, it's a CW2111, ignore the above.

14. elbeik

elbeik Apr 9, 2016

Grey market, private sellers, and even AD can sometime get messy in providing the correct box and papers for a watch.

I've had issues with the local AD in KSA, and some online sellers, where the box did not match and the manual was for something else.

15. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 9, 2016

Agree- the watch is fine, but the warranty card is likely to have been bought online and filled in recently...I wouldn't worry too much about that.

16. Big Adam

Big Adam Apr 9, 2016

Yep, otherwise why would a CW2111 be registered in 2015 unless it was genuinely NOS at the time......unlikely.

17. AussieAlex

AussieAlex Apr 9, 2016

Looks good to me.
    You know all those watches you see in the jeweler's window? Well, the 100+ empty boxes for them are kept out the back somewhere. You can just imagine an employee in a rush to have their lunch break, or go home at the end of the day not caring which box they grab for your new purchase.

18. AussieAlex

AussieAlex Apr 9, 2016

Does the date on the warranty card look to be altered from 2011 to 2015?

19. Scottish

Scottish Apr 9, 2016

No it looks like it's just been filled in.

And thanks to everybody for the replies.

20. imagwai

imagwai Apr 9, 2016

If it was sold to you on the basis that the warranty was valid, then I would complain about that and try and get some money off. I doubt Tag Heuer would honour based on the fact that the date is suspicious and the stamp doesn't identify the authorised dealer. Anybody could have filled that in. As others have said, ADs very often give you the wrong box as watches easily become separated from them when the watches go out on display and they don't like to keep customers waiting while they turn the stockroom upside down.