Forums Latest Members

Is my TAG Heuer Authentic? All questions here please

1. timmy2711

timmy2711 Jan 18, 2016

Sorry everybody I'm new to forums and I didn't know that I should just put my little $0.05 worth in here instead of opening a whole new thread

Alan Treen and automobilia42 like this.
  2. timmy2711

timmy2711 Jan 18, 2016

But still could someone help me I'm the person who posted a new thread saying I'm in the same boat Fellowes

automobilia42 likes this.
  3. automobilia42

automobilia42 Jan 18, 2016

Just replied you timmy2711 and welcome to the forum!

4. timmy2711

timmy2711 Jan 18, 2016

Cheers mate thank you very much

5. imagwai

imagwai Jan 18, 2016

^ This. Besides, this seller 100% knows he's selling a fake. Only $200 CAD and the usual "disclaimer" about not being an expert himself.

automobilia42 likes this.
  6. theatriks

theatriks Jan 18, 2016

7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 18, 2016

Yes, agree with this. I can't think of many times when I've seen someone say "I'm not an expert and so don't know if it's real" and they're selling a genuine watch. It's always a fake and they're only saying this to have an excuse later when they get caught out.

SDemVegas and dtf like this.
  8. theatriks

theatriks Jan 18, 2016

Can someone point out the signs that make that a fake

9. automobilia42

First picture in the Kijji ad: On the caseback-plate: "Swiss made since 1964" ::facepalm1::.

But of course it takes a lot more than that to distinguish the real watch from the replica, best way I can describe it is experience.
    A good help in the beginning might be Google images, check for the model number on the caseback and see if it corresponds with the watch that you see in the pictures advertised. Look for differences on the dial etc.

10. automobilia42

Haha, true, so true. Or the ones that say that "their grandfather left them the watch as an estate", that one has a long beard too. Or the "got this from a friend as a gift", well, some nice friends you have then, might consider your friendship...:D

11. jimbojones5678

jimbojones5678 Jan 28, 2016

Hello fellow Tag lovers, I find myself here tonight because i have found a Heuer up for auction near me and after literally hours of Googling and more Googling I think I know that it is an early Heuer 2000, but I am a bit apprehensive to pull the trigger without getting some others peoples opinions on whether it is a genuine Tag or whether it is a Frankenstein of parts from the early 90's. The watch has many of the models features but also a few that just don't seem right - mainly because I can't find any corresponding images or descriptions.I don't know a lot about Tags yet, but I'm learning. Still I would like the advice of someone more experienced in them to inspect the photo.

a) It has the distinguishing soft cornered grippers that actually look to taper backwards compared to any other design in the range
    b) the Mercedes logo on the minute hand
    c) An upside down triangle on the timer dial at 12 o'clock and another on the face at 12 o'clock
    d) The crown looks like it sits too far out but it could just be the angle & lighting of the shot
    e) The face lacks any numbers at all...odd.
    f) It says Chronograph on the face yet it isn't a chronograph.

Well I was just told by another person on another site that it is fake as fake, so if anyone would like to collaborate that opinion?

Tag Heuer.jpg
  12. elbeik

elbeik Jan 28, 2016

I believe that other person is right.

jimbojones5678 likes this.
  13. imagwai

imagwai Jan 28, 2016

Yes, the Tag Heuer logo on the dial along gives it away as a fake. Just to pick you up on one minor point as it may be useful to you when looking at other watches. You said "It says Chronograph on the face yet it isn't a chronograph". It actually says "chronometer" which means a watch certified to keep time within certain strict parameters of accuracy (which I doubt this particular specimen is!). A chronograph is, as you know, something different, but you wouldn't normally see that word on any dial.

14. huecobros

huecobros Jan 29, 2016

it's 100% fake, no doubt. You just listed all the reasons why it's fake.

J76watson likes this.
  15. J76watson

J76watson Feb 1, 2016

I would like to know when my pocket watch was made and if it will have to be sent out to have parts made to have it run again

IMG_0047.JPG IMG_0076.jpg IMG_0046.jpg
  16. elbeik

elbeik Feb 4, 2016

17. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 4, 2016

They even acknowledge it!

18. elbeik

elbeik Feb 4, 2016

The seller must have added this comment recently following some queries.

It's already past the 1K mark for a piece of garbage.

19. huecobros

huecobros Feb 4, 2016

Comes with your very own Golf Watch instruction booklet, the best part is:

We got this watches at our Christmas company event. They were giving to high rank executives.

must be a really shitty company

20. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 4, 2016

All BS if you ask me. ;)