Forums Latest Members

Is my TAG Heuer Authentic? All questions here please

1. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Oct 18, 2019

Do you understand the phrase “flush away”, because last time I checked, nothing is being “flushed away”. You can stand by your point all you want, and it still won’t change the fact that it’s nonsensical .

Sure, I enjoy a good rant, when the recipient of that rant is acting like a dick.

2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 18, 2019

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 18, 2019

4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 18, 2019

5. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Oct 18, 2019

6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 18, 2019

No love for the 'Max Verstappen' Carrera?;)

7. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Oct 19, 2019

Hells teeth they are ugly! Wouldn’t want one even it was genuine.

8. Gambba

Gambba Oct 19, 2019

You really should lose the attitude and the constant name calling, as there’s no need for it. It shows a lack of ability to convey your opinion.

You stated there are plenty of options for recourse to get your money back once you’ve bought something, and that is simply not as easy as you make it sound. But you clearly know what’s best.

Edited Oct 20, 2019
  9. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Oct 22, 2019

I didn't name call. I said you were acting like a dick. And in case you're blind, you did the same damn thing to me. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.lol coming in telling me to lose the attitude, when your first reply to me was to name call. Me saying the " we are going to be dicks" was a direct response to YOU name calling. Are you really going to continue to be this childish?

I stated what I stated, and my comment remains valid, despite your lack of ability to comprehend it. Yes, it IS as easy as I make it sound, because I've done it more times than everyone in this thread combined and haven't had a problem doing it even once. Maybe try deferring to experts every now and then, because I DO know what's best in this scenario and you clearly don't.

10. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 23, 2019

How come it is so easy to get your money back? Is Ebay holding on to the money before the seller gets them?

In my country we dont have Ebay but we have a similar site called Tradera, owned by Ebay. On Tradera it is common that you pay directly to the seller so the advice to purchase fakes from criminals just to test if it is real would be terrible here since your only hope would be that the criminal is nice and gives you a refund or that the police can get you the money back. In other words, the money would be lost.

Gambba likes this.
  11. Gambba

Gambba Oct 24, 2019

Yawn.

Your inference was I was being a dick, I simply threw it back at you, but still didn’t specifically call you one. You commented on my initial post with sarcasm for no reason than your clearly blown up ego, to which I replied with “Captain Obvious” and deservedly so as your post prior to that was not required.....so that’s where it started.

You’re relatively new here but seem to think you know best, and even class yourself as an expert! Written a book have we?

moving on, as I care not for you as a person, but do for the advice given to people that may find them financially worse off.

The same rules do not apply in every country and I again reiterate the point it is not as easy as you make it sound simply to buy something and then get your money back in every scenario like you suggest. Exactly as @Jim Dollares states above. You’re not looking at this globally but obviously from only your own perspective, and that is why I made the comment......but obviously as you state it’s my inability to comprehend rather than yours ::screwloose::

It is impossible to argue with this, as this is fact, not based on experience or an opinion, but fact, but somehow you seem to need to dismiss it.

I can’t understand why the need by you to be so hostile to folks that don’t agree, and I can understand why you were thrown off other groups.

Edited Oct 24, 2019
    Jim Dollares likes this.
  12. Gambba

Gambba Oct 24, 2019

This is exactly my point Jim.

I don’t think it’s difficult to understand, and I have personally been lucky before, but I learnt even in those cases to be extra cautious.

13. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 24, 2019

I've been trying to stay out of this thread (well, this 'debate' at any rate), but Jonny V had a watch he was 'sure' was fake, but TAG verified it. Yes he got a refund anyway, but only because the seller was trying to protect his name, he could just as easily have lost his money.

Jim Dollares and Gambba like this.
  14. imagwai

imagwai Oct 24, 2019

Far better to be sure of the watch you're buying before it arrives than mess about with appraisals and stressful refund requests afterwards.

15. jonnyv

jonnyv Oct 24, 2019

Those facts are true.

Also I was assured by ebay that I would be protected by the buyer guarantee and would get a full refund.

16. jonnyv

jonnyv Oct 24, 2019

I think everyone needs to calm down and have some respect for other peoples views and opinions.

you comment above was to ' jamesbizs ' and although he is new to the forum (me too) he seems to know a lot about watches and has the equipment to take them apart and re assemble.

He was the reason i got a full refund from the eBay seller. His knowledge and contact at eBay meant that the seller had all his listings taken down, Twice!

17. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 24, 2019

But eBay wouldn't protect most people with a watch TAG said was real, would it?

18. Gambba

Gambba Oct 24, 2019

I think you’ll find I’ve been very calm if you read back through the posts.

Congrats on getting your refund back, but that’s referring to this instance and a specific buying platform and purchase method. This is why a blanket statement of “buy it and worry after” doesn’t sit well with me.

I do not doubt he knows these watches well based on experience, but to tell me he’s an expert (self proclaimed) and therefore I should just listen to him on something that is not an opinion but fact is nonsensical ..that is why I was sarcastic.

Edited Oct 24, 2019
  19. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 24, 2019

I totally agree that "buy it and check later if it is fake" is terrible advice. At least here in Sweden you are very likely to never ever see your money again if you get scammed on different sites where people sell used things.

Also, why go through all the trouble just to save a few bucks? Just always buy from well established trusted sellers if you want a trouble free purchase

20. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 27, 2019