Interview with Guy Bove

Nice interview from Alon at Ace Jewelers with Guy Bove from TAG Heuer

Lots of softball questions.

Interesting comment when Guy Bove acknowledges that the original Carrera "looks huge" in pictures, but it's so much smaller that the current line. This is exactly what I've been saying for years, and sadly something that the current heritage editions can't seem to replicate accurately.

Probably the pictures of the 2447 Carrera were always on macro pictures making it “huge” on pictures. Depending who wears it (with big/small wrist), the pictures might not tell us how it fares with contemporary releases.

Good to know that Guy Bove’s favorite watch is the Heuer Carrera 2447 😉

Good to know that Guy Bove’s favorite watch is the Heuer Carrera 2447

Hah! You would never know it from the garbage he puts out with these 42+mm and thicccc monstrosities

Hah! You would never know it from the garbage he puts out with these 42+mm and thicccc monstrosities
Yeah but he’s squeezed between his own ideals and corporate strategies. I like how he found a way to make the elegant Carrera look a lot slimmer than it is. The H02 is a handicap for any designer. If TAG Heuer would allow him to make a manual Carrera without the glassbox I’m pretty certain it would be a knock-out.

Would be great if TAG would develop a slim manual wind chronograph movement. Imagine winding that slim bad boy every morning!

Yeah but he’s squeezed between his own ideals and corporate strategies. I like how he found a way to make the elegant Carrera look a lot slimmer than it is. The H02 is a handicap for any designer. If TAG Heuer would allow him to make a manual Carrera without the glassbox I’m pretty certain it would be a knock-out.

I've been thinking about the same thing here......

Would be great if TAG would develop a slim manual wind chronograph movement. Imagine winding that slim bad boy every morning!

And I would wake up happy every morning no matter how bad the day is going to be