Forums Latest Members
  1. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 27, 2023

[​IMG]

https://watchesbysjx.com/2023/01/interview-frederic-arnault-tag-heuer.html

I found the following excerpts the most interesting. The first point means we've yet to see a new product offering which was developed from scratch in accordance with Frederic's vision for the company.
    --
    Mr Arnault has been in the top job for two years, while it typically takes three to five years to develop an all new watch and even longer for a movement. As a result, his vision for TAG Heuer has yet to fully materialise in its products, but hints of his outsider’s perspective and inclination towards technology are already apparent.

--
    FA: The movement is heart of the brand; key to the quality of the watch. So we are segmenting the offering into three movement types.

Quartz – standard and solar. But solar quartz will take more and more space going forward because we believe it’s an amazing value-add for the customer.

For mechanical, there’s the three-hand [at the entry-level], where we want to bring the best quality to all of our three-hand movements. We are working on eventually having a five-year warranty [for three-hand], largely for our own movements.

And then there’s the chronograph. We are concentrating all of our efforts on the Heuer 02, which is now taking more and more space in the collection [within the] Carrera and Monaco. And we will also develop complications on the Heuer 02. You will see one complication this year, another one next year. They will be simple complications but ones that tell an amazing story.

And last but not least, we are considering working a comeback in the high-horology segment with ground-breaking, innovative complications. You will have a small preview of it [at Watches & Wonders] this year.

--

2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 27, 2023

The last part sounds promising! And also five year warranties are good.

3. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Jan 28, 2023

I like the five year warranty part as well. I don’t want to think about having to send my watch back in it though. I hope I have issues to send my watches back at 6~10 years thatI have to pay for instead. I like the warranty, I don’t want to use it

Pitfitter446 likes this.
  4. McBeardy

McBeardy Jan 28, 2023

Really looking forward to those in-house 3 handers. Will hold off buy the ‘Greyman’ variant until I see what is released.

5. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 28, 2023

The Swiss dishonest business models are always interesting to reflect over. Talking about the three handers he says "our own movements", but a good guess is that these movements will be the TH30 made by third party Kenissi. In other words, no difference at all compared to using a Sellita except the Kenissi has better specs and this far a better rumour.

I also wonder if watch snobs will be as excited in the future if Kenissi becomes the standard movement used by dozens and dozens of brands. Even more interesting if Kenissi delievers the exact same 70h power reserve movement to all of them, and all of them call it their 'manufacture' movement.

:rolleyes:

6. McBeardy

McBeardy Jan 28, 2023

Oh I agree, it’s all smoke & mirrors, but also want 70hrs PR min for that price, rather than 38hrs & not based upon 3hz movement.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  7. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 28, 2023

If I was in charge, I would focus on these aspects:

1. Design

This has been the brand's strong suit for many decades, but it has been a hit and miss, under the Guy Bove. I don't know if the issue is with the deputies, or a constraint to reuse existing parts to save costs, but this is a key area where they can raise the bar.

2. Quality
    Encompasses manufacturing, materials, durability, and reliability.

3. Brand Perception
    Prestige, desirability, and turning detractors (haters) into fans.

4. Heritage
    Omega fully embraces their heritage. Yet, TAG Heuer seems to be running away from Heuer. Omega are faithful to their past and are constantly finding new ways to give collectors what they crave. Omega's reissues are faithful in terms of design, with improved quality, movements, materials and manufacturing precision. Collectors already pay the a huge premium for heritage models, so the expectations shouldn't involve compromises. Why can't TH take a page out of this playbook?

5. R&D
    Here's where the Avant-garde part of 'TAG' should shine. The brand should lean into this aspect and make TH branded offerings truly revolutionary. This can can be in new state-of-the art designs, new functions, and things that push the envelope.

8. Jemagloh

Jemagloh Jan 28, 2023

Well said, @Hubert. My passion for the brand has room for the heritage side and the modern, avant-garde side.

Anthony.R, Mspeedster and Hubert like this.
  9. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 28, 2023

^^Ditto. You nailed it @Hubert! ::rimshot::

Hubert likes this.
  10. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 28, 2023

:thumbsup:

11. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Jan 28, 2023

And once again the King surfaces
    With concise and succinct words.
    Good job.

Hubert likes this.
  12. REX1975

REX1975 Jan 29, 2023

Heuer branding for the heritage stuff, focus on quality and design and limit the numbers.
    Tag Heuer for everything else.

13. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Feb 1, 2023

Would love focus on this. I remember mentioning about differentiated product lines for the Regular, Heritage and Avant-Garde. (https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/2023-lvmh-watch-week.154579/page-6#post-2110716)

Hubert likes this.