How to spot a fake quartz Aquaracer

Nope, you are wrong. That is just the angle of the photo. Here is another photo from the same listing and we can see the beginning of "Swiss" showing a little bit.

I didn't say it was a fake, just that it looked suspect in that photo you posted.

In any case, @Patrick Pihl's bezel doesn't quite look right either based on his last pic. The markings don't looks as indented and crisp like the image on TH's website.

That first Watchfinder pic still raises an eyebrow. Because I can see the seconds markers, even at that angle, but no Swiss.

In the second pic, the Swiss is level with the seconds hash markers. So it's odd that it's not showing in the first. The top of the letters should've been partially visible.

I didn't say it was a fake, just that it looked suspect in that photo you posted.

In any case, @Patrick Pihl's bezel doesn't quite look right either based on his last pic. The markings don't looks as indented and crisp like the image on TH's website.

I think there are two versions of bezels. Engraved and not, mine is not.

In fact almost all pic i have seen has not except the one on TAG site?
Edited:

I think there are two versions of bezels. Engraved and not, mine is not.

In fact almost all pic i have seen has not except the one on TAG site?
TAG Heuer's website is one of the least trustworthy sources for how a watch actually looks. The design people creating those digital renders used on the website often don't make the renders look like the actual watch.

That first Watchfinder pic still raises an eyebrow. Because I can see the seconds markers, even at that angle, but no Swiss.

In the second pic, the Swiss is level with the seconds hash markers. So it's odd that it's not showing in the first. The top of the letters should've been partially visible.
No this is just your eyes seeing things due to the angle of the photo. The letters should not necessarily be partially visible. This is simply because the text and the seconds markers are not on the same level. Here is a photo taken more from a direct angle of the front, from another listing on WF

TAG Heuer's website is one of the least trustworthy sources for how a watch actually looks. The design people creating those digital renders used on the website often don't make the renders look like the actual watch.

That is almost fun 😀 So engraved bezel on this model might not even exist!

That is almost fun 😀 So engraved bezel on this model might not even exist!
Yes... fun

stanley-hudson-the-office.gif

And it makes collecting TAG Heuer watches so much easier 🙄😁

The ones that @Patrick Pihl and @Mspeedster posted is a aluminium bezel (see the bezel damage in the WF image). Maybe the aluminium bezels have a different lume pip shape to ceramic?

The ones that @Patrick Pihl and @Mspeedster posted is a aluminium bezel (see the bezel damage in the WF image). Maybe the aluminium bezels have a different lume pip shape to ceramic?
The authentic ones I post are aluminium too

Sorry, but I have to agree with @Jim Dollares on this one. The problem with these high end fakes is that even ADs are often fooled. We’ve seen many examples of ADs reportedly authenticating fake Aquaracer and Formula 1 watches.

Bottom line - I would only purchase an Aquaracer from an AD or someone I personally know. Follow the golden rule…Buy the seller first!

Sorry, but I have to agree with @Jim Dollares on this one. The problem with these high end fakes is that even ADs are often fooled. We’ve seen many examples of ADs reportedly authenticating fake Aquaracer and Formula 1 watches.

Bottom line - I would only purchase an Aquaracer from an AD or someone I personally know. Follow the golden rule…Buy the seller first!

Is there not other ways then the "lume pip" to decide if its a good fake or not? My watch was opened by a repudiated watch maker firm with the specific question "is it real". They also told me that they have spotted 3 fake TH lately and two of them had to be opened to confirm, all of them sold chrono24.

Pics.Some imperfections might be of photographic nature.
As I mentioned before, I'm no expert on Aquaracers. But I do have an eye for details and I'm sorry to say that yours doesn't look right.

When I zoom in on your dial, the the numbers in this sub-dial are not clean and crisp as in an authentic TAG Heuer. The "SWISS MADE" also doesn't look as tidy as I would expect.

But the biggest clue is the caseback. The TAG Heuer logo is horrible, an authentic TAG Heuer logo should not look like this!!! The "300 METERS" also looks poorly done.

As I mentioned before, I'm no expert on Aquaracers. But I do have an eye for details and I'm sorry to say that yours doesn't look right.

When I zoom in on your dial, the the numbers in this sub-dial are not clean and crisp as in an authentic TAG Heuer. The "SWISS MADE" also doesn't look as tidy as I would expect.

But the biggest clue is the caseback. The TAG Heuer logo is horrible, an authentic TAG Heuer logo should not look like this!!! The "300 METERS" also looks poorly done.

I agree but it look much better IRL under a magnifier. This imperfection comes mostly from my ipone. I did not realize that the close up was going to be that poor.

I thought we had a discussion where @jamesbizs posted pics of movements used by fake vs. genuine watches? Could be in the fakebusters thread?

Another problem is counterfeiters use real Sellita movements so that can fool many people as well.

I know this doesn’t help you with your immediate issue, but this is just another reason to always buy from an AD. It’s just not worth the headache and risk.

To the OP - can you return the watch?

I thought we had a discussion where @jamesbizs posted pics of movements used by fake vs. genuine watches? Could be in the fakebusters thread?

Another problem is counterfeiters use real Sellita movements so that can fool many people as well.

I know this doesn’t help you with your immediate issue, but this is just another reason to always buy from an AD. It’s just not worth the headache and risk.

yes i can return if fake!

Yupp Movement its not the expensive part of this watch. But good enough!
Edited:

Yes, this. Exactly this. How many times do we have to say it.

I agree but it look much better IRL under a magnifier. This imperfection comes mostly from my ipone. I did not realize that the close up was going to be that poor.
I find it hard to believe your iPhone can make it look that bad. It's not just the clarity of the logo, the font doesn't look right. The bottom of the U in HEUER should always have a point matching the shape of the shield. Yours looks more round. Also the G in TAG looks especially off.
sdab-jpg.1735463

For reference, here's a pic of my Formula 1 Gulf, bought from a well known reputable AD. See how sharp and crisp the TAG Heuer logo engraving is compared to yours?
20210307_092631c-jpg.1178813

If you can post a pic of your TAG Heuer logo that looks more like mine, your chances of not having a fake may improve.

But based on your current caseback pic, I'd say that's evidence enough to strongly indicate it's a fake. The lume pip being the other point of contention as others have mentioned.

sizes are consistent for a given model, they just don’t match the ‘41mm’ or ‘43mm’ that the manufacturers state.

Compare the lume pips:
Another slight variation is that the " | " 5 minute markers on the bezel is centered on the fakes, and slightly towards inner edge on the real ones....