Heuer 160th Anniversary/ Carrera 160 Years Silver Edition CBK221B

Amazingly the 1000 pieces Montreal is still available via the US TH website. Had there only been the Silver, it probably would have sold out faster. But with the combination of both made these easier to get. I actually prefer this amount, rather than having to fight the flippers for 1 out of say 250 or 500.

Yes that is a very good point. But I fear TH will make less next time since I'm sure they would have expected them to be gone by now.
I also saw a 160th Dato in blue in London a couple of weeks ago, pretty sure that's not on the website anymore.

Yes that is a very good point. But I fear TH will make less next time since I'm sure they would have expected them to be gone by now.
I also saw a 160th Dato in blue in London a couple of weeks ago, pretty sure that's not on the website anymore.
The 160th Dato Carrera Sports in blue and white/silver are still both available on the US TH website too. Add these to the tally and it's no wonder TH hasn't sold out of their 160th collection watches.

I keep wondering why there has to be this hysteria to make limited editions. Why not make some classic Carreras part of the standard catalogue, just like the 211P Monaco? Produce them in small numbers but make it a steady offering to build credibility with the enthusiast community. Plus it would mean that fans could have the chance to save some money for a year or two to buy that specific dial version they love. And instead of TAG getting maximum pr for a very short amount of time during a couple of weeks when they release a limited edition, you would see a steady flow of fans every now and then posting in social medias "look at my new awesome Carrera, I finally bought my dream dato 45" which would cause a rings on the water effect, reminding other enthusiasts that 'hey those heritage Carreras are pretty damn cool, I will buy one too'.

Plus TAG would not embarass themselves by exposing that when they produce a specified low limited amount of watches, they cant manage to sell them in over a year.

I keep wondering why there has to be this hysteria to make limited editions. Why not make some classic Carreras part of the standard catalogue
100%. Been saying this for a while now.

A fair point. Omega has gone this route, but I wonder how this is working out for them?

Their last 007 Bond Spectre watch was limited to 7007 pieces and demand was still higher than supply. Their 2015 Snoopy was limited to 1970 pieces and asking prices today for these are crazy high. Yet Omega chose to make the current NTTD 007 and Silver Snoopy non LEs. The Snoopy is very hard to get, but the Bond watch not as hard.

A fair point. Omega has gone this route, but I wonder how this is working out for them?

Their last 007 Bond Spectre watch was limited to 7007 pieces and demand was still higher than supply. Their 2015 Snoopy was limited to 1970 pieces and asking prices today for these are crazy high. Yet Omega chose to make the current NTTD 007 and Silver Snoopy non LEs. The Snoopy is very hard to get, but the Bond watch not as hard.
But those are specific collaboration/theme watches so limited edition might make more sense. But Omega still has both modern and vintage inspired seamasters and speedmasters in their ordinary catalogue which I think is a smart move.

But those are specific collaboration/theme watches so limited edition might make more sense. But Omega still has both modern and vintage inspired seamasters and speedmasters in their ordinary catalogue which I think is a smart move.
I was referring to Omega's decision to make non LEs, when previous LE versions sold out quickly and were considered very successful. I don't consider the NTTD watch or Silver Snoopy (white & blue) to be vintage inspired.

But I agree with the part of having both vintage style and modern as part of a regular line up. No reason the normal heritage Autavia shouldn't continue along side the modern 3 handers. Perhaps TH will surprise us and release the glassbox Carrera pandas as part of the regular line up, but I doubt it.

I was referring to Omega's decision to make non LEs, when previous LE versions sold out quickly and were considered very successful. I don't consider the NTTD watch or Silver Snoopy (white & blue) to be vintage inspired.
Aha yes thanks I see your point now, excuse my brain 👍

Perhaps the sight of Ryan Gosling rocking the Silver 160th will help TH sellout the remaining pieces out there. 😀

I would lay a bet that come the end of the year the Watch of the Year is either going to be the green Carrera or the Hodinkee Dato 45.... 😵‍💫
And rightly so 😗

This thread needs some action. Them new poser wannabe "glassbox" models aint got shit against the true sexy glassboxes. I be glassboxin so hard I cant even bother trying to read that minute scale.

Do you know what really annoys me? When you have a watch with a leather strap and you wanna take a head on shot and the leather strap won't lay flat. So annoying.

Do you know what really annoys me? When you have a watch with a leather strap and you wanna take a head on shot and the leather strap won't lay flat. So annoying.
I will make sure to remove the strap next time boi

Well that's one option, but it wasn't really what I meant.

Agree. I've tried before with like heavy books or whatnot but ultimately just gave up and stuck to wrist shots