Heuer 160th Anniversary/ Carrera 160 Years Silver Edition CBK221B

Hopefully they celebrate by changing all dials to the proper Tag Heuer logo 😗

may i know your take on the proper TAG Heuer logo 😉

may i know your take on the proper TAG Heuer logo 😉
The one to the left obviously 👍 never been a fan of the faux Heuer logos used by Tag on heritage models, why pretending the watch is something it is not

600345-69df25f4c3ac89b62b921754f734f20a.jpg

Ah, I just remembered, there was also the 150th Anniversary Aquaracers with the city names on the dial (like my wife's one)
The one to the left obviously 👍 never been a fan of the faux Heuer logos used by Tag on heritage models, why pretending the watch is something it is not

Isn't it funny how the 'old' logo looks a bit odd now...

What's the difference between the "new logo" vs "in between"?

I have to disagree about using the "Heuer" logo on heritage models. The heritage models pay homage or are intended as re-editions of the classic Heuer models, so having the Heuer logo is the proper thing to do.

Putting the TAG logo on them would be more like pretending the watch is something it is not. It's like saying TAG Heuer should only be celebrating its 35th anniversary rather than its 160th.

Yes. I'd suggest holding any other your purchases. Official news expected this month.

Is it a large contemporary watch or would it appeal to people who like older stuff?

Is it a large contemporary watch or would it appeal to people who like older stuff?

Well, one way or the other, it's bound to be another Carrera...

Well, one way or the other, it's bound to be another Carrera...

Why do we think it's going to be a Carrera? It's not an auspicious year in the timeline of that model... has someone said something elsewhere?

Why do we think it's going to be a Carrera? It's not an auspicious year in the timeline of that model... has someone said something elsewhere?

No... but it surely isn't going to be a Monaco. It could be a re-issue of something though, perhaps. It depends how they view the 160th anniversary I suppose. But if we presume it won't be a Silverstone or a Monza, or a Monaco or a Carrera... then that either means a modern watch or something from the 'Heuer' days... like the Pasadena maybe?

And then we have to factor in the Hubert factor. Was his 'something amazing' a general hope... or does he know. If he knows then presumably it's not a modern watch, since I don't think Hubert would describe a modern watch as 'amazing', unless it is in fact Haure Horlogerie!

I don't think Hubert would describe a modern watch as 'amazing'

He seems to like the modern stuff just fine, I wouldn't say that.

Either way, I'm 100% taking Hubert's advice:

Something Amazing! 😗
Yes. I'd suggest holding any other your purchases. Official news expected this month.

I have a feeling 2020's going to be a great year for TAG Heuer and a bad one for my wallet.

The way he wrote 'official news' expected this month suggests to me he does know... I'm still going to say it's going to be something either reissued or something new, but not 'modern'. But here's a thought, all the Bullhead Carreras are in the outlet, which means they've been discontinued... perhaps they are making way for a replacement?

Putting the TAG logo on them would be more like pretending the watch is something it is not.
Sorry Michael but that makes no sense, the watches are made by Tag Heuer, not Heuer.

Well well, we know that this topic is something dividing the forum into two very strong different directions of opinion. My team likes current reality and your team living in the past so I guess we settle for dissagreeing on this one.

Cheers mate, hope you are having a nice weekend 👍

I still very much like the “old logo” vs the “new logo” 😉

But then again. I also like the “Heuer” logo to pay homage to the past. 😀 Tradition and histories have never been straightforward or linear. There have been ups and downs, sideways and turns. Those who can truly appreciate TAG Heuer are those that can see passed the imperfections or the misgivings of its storied past. Passion for TAG Heuer stems from our desire and belief that its core values have withstood the “test of time” ! All that we truly cherish 😀 Cheers! 👍

It's interesting isn't it that when they started re-issuing pieces they automatically had the 'TAG Heuer' logo on them, I presume it was 'customer feedback' that led to them changing them to Heuer. At the end of the day they own both 'trademarks' and if the customer base wants the old logo then why not give it to them?
Of course this whole thing could have been avoided if those dongles hadn't changed the name back in 1985... ah, then we could have had the Heuer Microtimer, the Heuer Aquaracer and the Heuer Formula 1.

Actually the Heuer F1 looks pretty cool!😀

Sorry Michael but that makes no sense, the watches are made by Tag Heuer, not Heuer.

Well well, we know that this topic is something dividing the forum into two very strong different directions of opinion. My team likes current reality and your team living in the past so I guess we settle for dissagreeing on this one.

Yes Jim, we'll have to agree to disagree. 😀
Heuer exists as a brand within TAG Heuer and TAG Heuer is just an evolution of the original Heuer watch company. Hence putting the proper Heuer logo on watches meant to represent the Heuer classics of the past makes perfect sense. Not the other way around.

Following your team's logic, the C11 Monaco should be branded "TAG Heuer" instead of "Heuer". To me, that makes no sense. It would almost be as bad as TH photoshopping McQueen's racing suit with a TAG Heuer racing patch instead of his Heuer patch. 😉

It would also have helped of course if the 'classic' models were in production at the time of the buyout, that way they would have naturally had the TAG Heuer logo applied just the same as the 1000s, 3000s etc did, and presumably we wouldn't even be talking about this then.

It's interesting isn't it that when they started re-issuing pieces they automatically had the 'TAG Heuer' logo on them, I presume it was 'customer feedback' that led to them changing them to Heuer. At the end of the day they own both 'trademarks' and if the customer base wants the old logo then why not give it to them?
Of course this whole thing could have been avoided if those dongles hadn't changed the name back in 1985... ah, then we could have had the Heuer Microtimer, the Heuer Aquaracer and the Heuer Formula 1.

Actually the Heuer F1 looks pretty cool!😀
The very first Monaco & Carrera re-editions actually had the "Heuer" logo, then later changed to the "TAG Heuer" logo, prior to becoming a regular part of the TH line up. I don't have a preference for one logo over the other, I like both. 😀
But I do believe there's an appropriate use for the Heuer logo and the TAG Heuer logo. Your mock ups of a "Heuer" logo branded Aquaracer and F1 don't feel right to me either, just as I feel a Monaco Calibre 11 branded with TAG Heuer would not be proper.
Edited:

Wish we had “Swatch Blancpain” or “LVMH Hublot” or something like that to compare holding company rebrands.

It should appeal to classic / vintage lovers.