Grey Phantom has arrived

The short of it, waited a couple months on a special order and the only thing that kept me going were a couple forums (including calibre 11! ) and pics of this beautiful watch. It arrived today (was told I'm the first in Canada to order/receive it) and I was so excited to pick it up, was worth the wait and it has a great wrist presence. Thanks all for any comments or opinions :)

IMG_6453.JPG

IMG_6454.JPG

IMG_6455.JPG

IMG_6457.JPG

IMG_6456.JPG

Wow. i am aiming for that one as well..congrats..how is the dial reflect light ?shiny or not too shiny ?

Wow. i am aiming for that one as well..congrats..how is the dial reflect light ?shiny or not too shiny ?
Thank you :) the dial is matt but the hour, minute etc. Markers are shiny, so let's say semi-gloss. You can decern the time even in dim light before lume kicks in which Tag Heuer masterfully did on this piece. It isn't too in your face glossy or shiny that it blinds you.

That's very, very pretty mate lovely watch especially on bracelet.

Very nice! I need to see one of these in the metal :)

So the legibility is good i suppose. the gold one is kinda hard to see in the dark

Congrats, I'' a big fan of these 01 and the Phantom should land soon in California as well!!

Thank you :) the dial is matt but the hour, minute etc. Markers are shiny, so let's say semi-gloss. You can decern the time even in dim light before lume kicks in which Tag Heuer masterfully did on this piece. It isn't too in your face glossy or shiny that it blinds you.

I'm guessing the lume is much the same as the original version on the rubber, subtle but very visible. In half light it's hard to tell if the lume is there or not but you can still see the time - is that the same with your version?

Looks great by the way, I think the silver/grey bezel version looks better with the bracelet than the black one myself.

I'm guessing the lume is much the same as the original version on the rubber, subtle but very visible. In half light it's hard to tell if the lume is there or not but you can still see the time - is that the same with your version?

I haven't had the chance to check the other models of the 01 but I think I would agree. It is very similar to my Rolex Daytona's lume. The only big difference that I've noticed is that you only need to be in contact with sun or a light source for a small time to receive the most out of the piece.
Lume is consitent, visibly good to great with nothing too excessive (it doesnt look like radition glowing from your wrist). In half to dim light the lume appears white with a slight glow, as it progresses to dark you can then pick up the green. It has the same "fading" quality that the Daytona has.

So the legibility is good i suppose. the gold one is kinda hard to see in the dark

Yes, the Grey Phantom is easy to notice in the dark, the only thing would be if you're used to a huge glow on pieces like Seiko etc, it doesn't share that same intensity of glow. It is still very visible in the dark and the plus side is that it doesn't lose the glow shortly, it lasted all night with just 3 hours exposire to sunlight which for this time of season is amazing here.

I love mine as well. Got mine on Halloween in Texas. Trick or treat! I called all over the US back in March when it was announced, and was told it would not be sold in the US. (One guy laughed at me and hung up, and another told me if I get one, bring it by, because they won't ever see it) in June, I hit up a dealer in Europe and paid in advance. It was supposed to be delivered in August, then September, then finally October. Better 3 months late than never. Hahaha. Oddly, Tag Heuer contacted me direct and told me not to buy overseas again, and gave me a special number for future "hard to find purchases".image.jpeg

I love mine as well. Got mine on Halloween in Texas. Trick or treat! I called all over the US back in March when it was announced, and was told it would not be sold in the US. (One guy laughed at me and hung up, and another told me if I get one, bring it by, because they won't ever see it) in June, I hit up a dealer in Europe and paid in advance. It was supposed to be delivered in August, then September, then finally October. Better 3 months late than never. Hahaha. Oddly, Tag Heuer contacted me direct and told me not to buy overseas again, and gave me a special number for future "hard to find purchases".image.jpeg

Love it and congrats :) am so happy to see another piece :) Original launch date was June but was moved, I special orderered mine around the same time in June, and was told October then late Oct. or early November, have had almost a mirror to your experience to contacting dealers, I always laugh back at the doubters hehe, my home dealer here was good and worked well to ensure I got my piece and kept me well informed which was a welcome change to my usual special orders with other dealers.

Do you enjoy your piece? ;) hehe

Well i went to Tag heuer boutique here in indonesia and they said the only way i could ever get one, is to pay in advance too.

I guess the one that make the decision whether or not to import some models is based on the boutique manager or something. if he dont think the model could sell then it will not be imported.

The short of it, waited a couple months on a special order and the only thing that kept me going were a couple forums (including calibre 11! ) and pics of this beautiful watch. It arrived today (was told I'm the first in Canada to order/receive it) and I was so excited to pick it up, was worth the wait and it has a great wrist presence. Thanks all for any comments or opinions :)

IMG_6453.JPG

IMG_6454.JPG

IMG_6455.JPG

IMG_6457.JPG

IMG_6456.JPG

Looks awesome! Congrats