Forums Latest Members
  1. flawless

flawless Jan 24, 2022

This is sad, especially if it's at TH's instigation, but I have no doubt we will continue in some form or another. As a relatively new poster here, I've only begun to scratch the surface of the characters that comprise this community, but have always felt welcome. So thanks - not only to DC, but everyone who opened their arms to others in this community.

This feels somewhat apt:

AgitatedRevolvingHoneyeater-size_restricted.gif

thingziliketoo and Albert-AMG like this.
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 24, 2022

Hi Everyone- wow, thanks for all the kind words. I promise that I will reply to every message and comment. But a few quick thoughts:

1. What I think are the most important parts of Calibre 11- the Knowledge Centre- will be kept and improved...just not at calibre11.com. I can't share more about this yet, but it's not disappearing

2. You'll note that in my letter I referred to calibre11.com and the social accounts- not the forum. Please give me some time to work through options, but I think we should be very optimistic that this forum will continue to thrive, albeit under a new name.

3. I'm not just being a "nice guy" when I say that this is not down to TAG Heuer management not respecting/ valuing Calibre 11 or the content- that's a simplistic view, which I think in time will be clear. Yes, we couldn't reach an agreement, but I take as much responsibility for that as TH should.

More soon....promise!

dc

Akineton, SteveP, Nonsense and 21 others like this.
  3. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Jan 25, 2022

4. dtf

dtf Jan 25, 2022

I take it this means another forum LE is off the table?

5. abrod520

abrod520 Jan 25, 2022

One! Last! Memento!

I actually think this would be an excellent opportunity for one, no?

6. BPD

BPD Jan 25, 2022

Wow! This is indeed sad news but thank you David! Your dedication in providing us TAG guys a place where we can meet up and share our passion to the brand will be forever grateful!

HoltzPlatz and Albert-AMG like this.
  7. RockBurner

RockBurner Jan 25, 2022

Firstly - from a relative newcomer and non-collector (but lover of watches in general), many many thanks for the utterly thankless task of running not just a good informative website, but a friendly and knowledgable forum, NOT an easy thing to do AT ALL.

Secondly - I seriously hope that the implied 'new forum' is a great success and I look forward to finding it and using it and sharing more information with much more learned denizens than myself.

Fingers crossed all your plans come off!

Albert-AMG likes this.
  8. NGO1

NGO1 Jan 25, 2022

C11 is the main source for this newbies getting into TH.
    Thank you DC for keeping it going for over a decade.
    We look forward to migrating to our new home.
    I’m packed and ready.

6C3583A8-0591-43F7-AAEA-7E86F66CECF2.jpeg
  9. Remo

Remo Jan 25, 2022

I am happy that the core content - e.g. knowledge center - will be preserved somehow.
    I really hope this will not be controlled by TH Management.
    Their website improved, but the content changed all the time.

This awesome knowledge should be under control of a true brand enthusiast, who has a genuine motivation to keep the Heuer spirit alive!

10. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 25, 2022

I think what David is saying is that it will be a new name for the forum and probably a domain change but threads and accounts etc will remain intact. There’s still a fair bit to work out but there is plenty of time to do that and work out the best solution for the community on the forum side to preserve what you guys have and make it as smooth as possible.

SteveP, abrod520, Remo and 11 others like this.
  11. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 25, 2022

Thanks Ash! You and everyone involved deserve a huge THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Remo, Pitfitter446, Aquagraph and 4 others like this.
  12. Ara

Ara Jan 25, 2022

Was really bummed about this yesterday, but from the comments here on the forum and also on IG, I realize that there might be an iteration of some sort in the works and I'm VERY happy to hear this.

Wanted to thank DC and the rest of you amazing folks for building and generating such a special community. This is the only forum I am a member of, and although I'm not a daily poster I am an admirer of the great knowledge that's shared, re-shared and dissected ad nauseam. I've met David @Calibre11 and @Yago in person here in Los Angeles, and hope I can meet the rest of you one day as well. If so, I'll will wear a glassbox for @Hubert, a silver dialed anything for @Jim Dollares, an Aquaracer for @Aquagraph, a Speedmaster for @abrod520, a Blue Dreamer for @imagwai, and anything for my man @Yago (ok maybe not anything but perhaps 911 and 36mm Carreras, respectively).

Akineton, abrod520, Remo and 12 others like this.
  13. imagwai

imagwai Jan 26, 2022

I look forward to seeing that Blue Dreamer in person one day @Ara.

And thanks Ash @dsio for popping in to reassure us.

Hopefully once the changes have gone through, DC @Calibre11 will still hang around the forums and say hi from time to time too!

14. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 26, 2022

Thanks Ash for your reassurance on the cold dull morning, and also for the work you (and others) have done quietly in the background, tech guys do no get the glory you deserve.

15. Yago

Yago Jan 26, 2022

Thanks Ara, too kind! What a lovely evening that was. Great outside atmosphere, good food and wine and of course watches! Trying on your rose Carrera set me on track for my 3647n. I remember the next day the trade show got cancelled and covid hell broke loose :)

dtf likes this.
  16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 26, 2022

Yes, thanks Ash, we all appreciate what you (silently) do for us.

kappa_md likes this.
  17. Yago

Yago Jan 26, 2022

Thank you @Calibre11 for the great work you have done on the site and the forum. There is really no other place like this for Heuer and TAG Heuer enthusiasts! My go to place when I was just starting to read up on TAG Heuer and vintage Heuer. You helped me out via several emails when I was buying my first watch. Your guide of the Montreal swayed me in that direction. I found a really good one that I still own today.
    I also remember how you very kindly reserved me a Siffert when my credit card payments wouldn't come through. What a stressful night that was! :whistling:
    We might never know the full story behind your decision and that's fine. I'm happy a solution for both the C11 content and the forum is in the making. I do want to say that it would be a shame for the Calibre11 name to disappear. It has such a great reputation in the watch community, a huge following on various platforms, not in the least Instagram. David, you are Mister TAG Heuer for a lot of folk. You are leaving a big void my man. I do hope you'll still be around every now and then.

18. TonyStark

TonyStark Jan 26, 2022

Hello all just to add my thoughts to the thread.

I’m happy and encouraged that the forum will live on in some form…. It’s a great community. I think many of us remain here even though our interests are broader than simply TH…. And/or despite the fact that we are often underwhelmed by brand direction in recent years… because of the great atmosphere on the forum.

I’m also happy to hear that the knowledge centre will live on. It is a fantastic resource…. Unparalleled I might say… in the quality of its descriptions.

Look forward to seeing the upcoming news.

kappa_md and Albert-AMG like this.
  19. THJunkie

THJunkie Jan 26, 2022

Not posted here for a while, but want to add my heartfelt thanks for all the great content and community over the years and hopes that the best parts can be preserved and some form of continuity. I was saddened to see the original post but hopeful seeing further updates something positive will survive.

all the best everyone - keep safe and happy.

20. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 26, 2022

100%.

To be clear, I won't be moving to another forum, nor will I be setting up another website to host the Knowledge Centre. Where will the Knowledge Centre be going? I can't say, but this is what I said in the letter:

"Pleasingly, there were some ideas that we did agree on, and you’ll be seeing these over the coming weeks. I’m incredibly proud of this work, which marks a highpoint for our content and how it’s used by TAG Heuer."