Forums Latest Members
  1. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 24, 2022

Guys, I don't want to say goodbye. I still want to hang out and talk to all of you. Passion means persevering through "thick and thin" and I'm not just going to leave it empty. I hope we can still do something or remedy things just to make sure the community is still alive. I don't know any group in the world more passionate about TAG Heuer than here in Calibre11.. :(

NGO1, Albert-AMG, Aquagraph and 2 others like this.
  2. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 24, 2022

Me too, I don't want to give up on this great forum, even it is meant not discussing about Tag Heuer anymore. The community must stay.

kappa_md and Aquagraph like this.
  3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 24, 2022

My friends, in one way or the other we will find a way to keep this wonderful community together.

4. jacinabox

jacinabox Jan 24, 2022

There is little I can add to what has already been said.

As a relative newcomer to this site I have found it to be a fabulous and enlightening resource. It's my first call whenever I'm considering a Heuer/TAG Heuer product new or used.

I'd like to pass on my thanks to David and the community here and echo the hopes of others that in some way the content and knowledge that's contained here can be preserved in some form.

A sad read.

5. El Matarife

El Matarife Jan 24, 2022

The best forum in the world :(:(:(

6. McBeardy

McBeardy Jan 24, 2022

I'll echo what many have already said and also very similar to @jacinabox I'm fairly new here (currently a non TAG owner but soon to change) I have enjoyed the Calibre11 articles and joining in on the forum.

Shame for the end to happen & I hope in one way or another the forum can continue

Edited Jan 24, 2022
    PhillipDB, Albert-AMG and Aquagraph like this.
  7. Remo

Remo Jan 24, 2022

This is really sad news. :(
    Calibre11 is the best website. Thank you David for all the work done. I really hope that the forum and the timeless information can be preserved to keep the community alive.

Albert-AMG, kappa_md and Aquagraph like this.
  8. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 24, 2022

A very sad day indeed. Never dreamed this would happen, and for sure we must keep this great community together.

Even Yago. :p

A continued thanks to David for all his hard work, I hope a way can be found to resettle us without too much disruption.

PhillipDB and Albert-AMG like this.
  9. Yago

Yago Jan 24, 2022

Thanks Rob!

Kinda feeling like a Who now, floating in a speck of dust at the mercy of the jungle.
    Jane Kangaroo played by TAG Heuer.
    Jim and Rob would of course be the Who-Ville Council

Jim Dollares and Aquagraph like this.
  10. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Jan 24, 2022

I'm so sorry to hear this news.
    Calibre 11 is a place I visit every day.
    Book marked as a favourite.

To not get my Watch talk fix every day will be heart breaking. So many friends I've come to know here I will miss.

To DC thank you for all the work and effort you've put in. This place truly is the foremost Tag Heuer site. Nothing compares to Calibre 11.

Just thinking out aloud here but is there not a way to keep going without the Support of Tag Heuer?
    An independent site that continues to review and generate discussion on all things Tag and Heuer?

If it must end on the 28th Feb then we should make the most of the final month.

Thanks again for a wonderful Community here. Not only to @Calibre11 but to all the great people who regularly contribute.

Regards
    Anthony

11. drockadam

drockadam Jan 24, 2022

Thank you for everything you have done for us! Going to miss Calibre11.

12. abrod520

abrod520 Jan 24, 2022

What a gut punch. Really sad hearing that the situation is so dire that C11.com needs to be deleted altogether. I do really think we'll have to find some way to keep this community together though.

@dsio - possible to carve out a TAG sub forum on OF so we can keep our threads, logins etc? I know TAG doesn't really rate necessarily but it's really the community, and a bunch of us here do participate on OF as well already.

NGO1, Albert-AMG, ASW and 6 others like this.
  13. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Jan 24, 2022

Thank you immensely, David, for all you have done for the Heuer/TH community over the years. It’s sad to see this happen, but since it’s not the first platform that falls victim to TH's new online strategy (c.f. the post above by @VirgileF ), it’s hardly a surprise…

I would like to echo what others have already said: Please try to salvage the content of the site and (above all) keep the forum online. There’s such a world-class wealth of information available here and such a fun and knowledgeable community that it would really be a pity to see it all go the way of the dodo! I believe technically Cal.11 and Omega Forums are somehow already sharing a common platform?

Edited Jan 25, 2022
    Albert-AMG and McBeardy like this.
  14. imagwai

imagwai Jan 24, 2022

I've already suggested this to a couple of the guys - seem like the logical solution. Or we keep the forums here as they are in collaboration with OF but change the name (we might need to contribute something or accept ads on threads if we do this I guess).

15. abrod520

abrod520 Jan 24, 2022

OF offers an ad-free tier for a small fee, which in my experience there (and here) is 100% worth it

16. raustin33

raustin33 Jan 24, 2022

Super bummed to learn about this.

I'd love to see one of the other players in watches step in if only to archive the site for the good of the community and preserve the forums. OnTheDash? Hodinkee? Someone? Bueller?

17. ASW

ASW Jan 24, 2022

#speechless

18. Marcos Alvarenga

Marcos Alvarenga Jan 24, 2022

I felt in love with TAG because of those pages.
    I've had several conversations about Tag and life as well.

The TH who closes this won't have my money or attention. They don't represent me.

19. cassis

cassis Jan 24, 2022

Glad I sent back my TH Connected and ordered a Garmin Epix Gen 2 ! Shame on Tag !

Nonsense and dtf like this.
  20. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 24, 2022

We have been exploring this possibility. This has been my preference.

paysdoufs, Albert-AMG, dtf and 3 others like this.