Forums Latest Members

Calibre 11 x TAG Heuer Collaboration: Autavia Jo Siffert Collector's Edition

1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 18, 2018

But there will be an Alec Monopoly special edition won't there???;)

Jim Dollares likes this.
  2. dtf

dtf Feb 18, 2018

Of course there will be, only way to get the kids interested ;)

Jim Dollares likes this.
  3. pandaheuer

pandaheuer Feb 18, 2018

Have to ask the newbie question - How does import tax work on such watches ?

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 18, 2018

Excellent question- depends on the country that you're in and whether you get lucky/ unlucky. Any import duties/ taxes will be for the buyer to settle. When I lived in Australia I never had any issues. Now that I'm here in NZ, they are super strict...so it's very case dependent.

The watch will be sent from Switzerland.

5. Ara

Ara Feb 18, 2018

First post! Had to sign up because this is very exciting.

My thoughts:

- can’t be a Carrera with a Telemeter/Hodinkee Skipper case. DC has already said the components aren’t available in another collaboration thread if I remember correctly.

- if availability of components is an issue, it’s likely a Autavia because that’s the newest kid on the block and you have to invest in new products to increase their marketing and sales potential

- plenty of clues out there: 2 Calibre11 posts on 2/6/18...”Legends of the 60s” preceded by another post of the new Autavia

- the “brand/person/organization” IN the “name of the watch” is the biggest clue of all. Which leads me to....

- check out the “Stay tuned” Calibre11 post on 7/28/17 and the open page of the book on the table. I think that’s all you need to make an educated guess.

All I gotta say is....very cool! Thanks for doing something so awesome. I’m a big fan of this forum and your Instagram account.

erich77, imagwai and Hubert like this.
  6. pandaheuer

pandaheuer Feb 18, 2018

Following on from the first newbie question - will tax be added at point of sale or do you require to manage imports and duty your self.

For reference - from Australia .

7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 19, 2018

It’s not at point of sale. If you get charged, the courier company is likely to send you a bill after delivery.

As I said above, I imported a number of watches into Australia with no charge..but the rules continually change so best to look into it...I may be out of date.

8. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Feb 19, 2018

EDIT: I am referring to Australia in my post.

It really depends on the courier and how the customs docket is filled out. IME, DHL will not even deliver until you have paid them and they slap various charges on top too without giving you the option to pay the GST to the government directly. One charge that DHL tried to pass on to me was not even relevant and would not have been charged to them by the government so, the message is, to check your invoice carefully and question anything that looks suspect.

Edited Feb 19, 2018
  9. elbeik

elbeik Feb 19, 2018

As a frequent online buyer of many things, local customs duties varies from one country to another.
    They also depend on the "mood" of the officer on the duty. It may pass without issues, or, they might estimate the value of the shipment and consequently charge you with customs, import fees, and VAT.

Again, all depends on where you live.

10. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Feb 19, 2018

My country customs pretty much similar situation...

11. Gambba

Gambba Feb 19, 2018

Pretty much a global issue. Same product on one occasion gets through without anything and another time gets charged for.

For anything from Switzerland that is exported outside of Europe there will be no local taxes (VAT) applied. It is then the local import rules in your country that determines if there are charges to be applied. In most countries commodities imported are treated differently based on value and the commodity (HS) code related to the goods. If it comes via a courier who pays the duty on your behalf then expect handling and administration charges for the customs clearance.

OttoWilliam likes this.
  12. dtf

dtf Feb 19, 2018

Flying to Switzerland is tempting at this point

13. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Feb 19, 2018

To avoid VAT/GST/Duty/import charges? That sounds like a more costly option than paying the import costs, unless you live in Italy, perhaps...

14. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Feb 19, 2018

When my parents compare the price of a same rolex overseas and with the one in Swiss, they told me it is more expensive to get it in
    Swiss. I dont know whether its true or not. I havent been to Swiss.

15. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Feb 19, 2018

I have read that Switzerland has an agreement with itself not to sell Swiss watches at less than RRP.

OttoWilliam likes this.
  16. Texasjohn

Texasjohn Feb 19, 2018

Something something next 10 days something something

17. heuerholic

heuerholic Feb 19, 2018

Hi DC, Not having bought a watch this way before, if I make a purchase, will I have to stipulate the delivery address at time of payment?
    Will I have the chance to make the purchase and then sort out delivery options after that?
    Do we need to have a Strip account to make a purchase. Thanks ...looking forward to the announcement.

18. calibre11user

calibre11user Feb 19, 2018

Any input from fellow Americans on this issue? I've never purchased an imported product directly from Europe.

19. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 19, 2018

Hi. Yes you will...but you can update the address before the watches are delivered (late March/ early April)

No, you don’t need a Stripe account.

20. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Feb 19, 2018

For those of us in Australia:

- Watch launch: Thursday 22 February at 03h00 (3am) AEST (Brisbane)
    - Where: Exclusively at http://www.calibre11.com
    - Availability: Limited edition of 100 watches
    - On-sale date: Thursday 22 February at 04h00 (4am) AEST (Brisbane)
    - Online purchases facilitated through stripe.com, which accepts major credit cards (no PayPal)