Baselworld 2016- Diary/ Reactions

Comparing the line-up photo to the 43mm Aquaracer, it sure looks like a 42mm

Monza takes it :) do rather like the black/gold aquaracer too

That black/red/white is very Heuer isn't it?
Not sure it fits the 1930s style case but as an identity colourway, it's definitely spot on.

Love the box-hand and five-seconds blocks on the sub-dial.
In fact, the details are all spot on.

I think i just wish they made the chunky diver autavia case.

I got clearance from my better half on that beauty :p

Have to say I think 42mm might be a bit big considering the shape of the case. But I'll reserve judgement till I know lug to lug and see some wrist shots.

TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer-01 Gold/ Ceramic/ Titanium / Shot Through Glass
IMG_2183.jpg IMG_2182.jpg IMG_2158.jpg IMG_2157.jpg IMG_2156.jpg

What a line up, what great watches, and suddenly, you know, you're a Monza man, can't wait 'til Saturday...:)

Liking the F1s. Reminiscent of the originals. Especially like the grey-ish blue and orange colour scheme. Any more details?

I notice the new Tag Heuer logo in place across all of these. Can't hide my disappointment at what has happened to the design language of the Carrera, though. It's just too big and brash for my tastes and is too far removed from what the Carrera should be about - elegant, clean, simple, legible, special.

Ok, so the standard models of the 01 brings a little more cohesion to the Carrera model line and further supports the idea that the classic Carrera would likely end up in the Heritage collection.

Not a bad thing if they maintain the "classic" sizes too.

The 43mm Aquaracer feels like it's the preamble for the future modular Aquaracer.
It implies that if you're a fan of the current smaller ones, you'd better snap one up before they get phased out.

Ok, so the standard models of the 01 brings a little more cohesion to the Carrera model line and further supports the idea that the classic Carrera would likely end up in the Heritage collection.

Not a bad thing if they maintain the "classic" sizes too.

The 43mm Aquaracer feels like it's the preamble for the future modular Aquaracer.
It implies that if you're a fan of the current smaller ones, you'd better snap one up before they get phased out.
Yes, I noticed the 43mm of the Aquaracer also. It feels like all of the Tag Heuer models are getting bigger, bolder and brasher. I guess it fits with the personality of Biver himself to a degree, and also his vision of catering to the younger, avant-garde demographic. If so, this is moving in completely the opposite direction of what I feel comfortable with. I just hope the Heritage line-up doesn't become too limited in options. Hopefully the strategy is to have two brands that are very different (although the 42mm size of the Monza also seems excessive to me).

What they need to do is bring out another Calibre 17 Carrera in the style of the Jack Heuer 80th to balance out the collection between new/ modern and classic.

Actually, maybe they should bring out two:whistling: