Forums Latest Members
  1. Gambba

Gambba Oct 31, 2018

Our first encounter was him hoping in with me on a test drive of a brand new GTC4-Lusso. We did about 600 kms that day whilst driving it back to back with a mate’s Speciale. He was chauffeured by a guy who arrived in his flip flops and appeared to have no clue where all the buttons were except to switch “stuff” off. Shortly after we were pulling easily over 320 km/h even in 45C and shot blasting the front of the new Ferrari nicely...nothing a new windscreen, headlight polish and respray couldn’t sort though :D

After that Joel was here often with Qantas, until they changed routes, so coffees aplenty were had.

2. ghostdriver

ghostdriver Nov 1, 2018

Sounded like quite a day!!

3. ghostdriver

ghostdriver Nov 1, 2018

For those interested this is my only other watch which I will never part with, I absolutely love it and for me looks perfect. Series 2000 auto chrono. Not seen any like mine with the exact same facia.

15410729841402137567915921718607.jpg
    WernerBoeinck likes this.
  4. jonetec

jonetec Dec 23, 2018

Hi new member been on ebay a long time though, i have one of these watches just restored, strap is brown leather rally strap with heuer buckle not the metal bracelet, anyone interested and able to pay what its worth feel free to contact me regards john

5. heuerholic

heuerholic Dec 23, 2018

6. ccaudis4

ccaudis4 Feb 12, 2019

Has anyone seen a audi sport for sale this year? Curious what the pricing is doing. Last two sold I believe were for 5500 pounds late last year.

7. Gambba

Gambba Feb 12, 2019

End of 2018 one was sold on for £5500, which was what was paid serveral months earlier.
    I think that seems to be about the going rate. I’d have had it if I hadn’t bought 4 other watches last year! If they were a bit lower in price I’d have easily bought one by now.

8. ccaudis4

ccaudis4 Mar 21, 2019

So what do people think the audi sport manual is worth that is currently on ebay? This version is for the AS that had more ticks marks on the bottom dial - I have not seen one but I assume there was a manual for the fewer tick marks version?

9. Gambba

Gambba Mar 21, 2019

I don’t expect there were multiple manuals, but simply one, as the function and operation was the same and only a minor dial detail.....Heuer was not known for that sort of attention to detail.

It isn’t one of Heuer’s thickest manuals, but obviously as the watch was limited in numbers guess it’s worth a premium. No idea on the value, and think I guess it depends how much it means to you to make a full set.

10. ccaudis4

ccaudis4 Mar 21, 2019

Thanks for the info. I would need to find a box as well... manual alone might not be to appealing.

11. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 21, 2019

Agree- only one manual (it was a blue standard Lemania manual). This isn't really a manual, more a single page of folded cardboard to insert into the boxes. Here is the set I used to have.
    AS2.jpg

12. ccaudis4

ccaudis4 Mar 21, 2019

Very helpful. Still rare i guess. Thanks.

13. sakinaw1

sakinaw1 Feb 4, 2020

I'm new to post here and thought I would add this very interesting, I believe previously unseen Heuer "Sport" model.
    So what is it...? It is an all original Heuer only dial (same vintage as Pasadena dial) but in a Lemania Audi Sport Case. It has the original branded Heuer buckle on bracelet.

Is it a put together aftermarket fake? It doesn't look like it had ever been opened before I found it in Italy and had it serviced. It has the 5100 movement, that runs flawlessly. So what is its story, its provenance...? Who knows, as I don't think any others have been reported, but I have a pretty good theory.

Heuer had been taken over by Lemania and an Audi dealer in UK ordered the Heuer Audi Sport. Lemania had the cases, Heuer printed the dials. I'm guessing that there was purposely or not at least one case extra without a dial to go with it. It was either and extra piece made for a manager or someone on the assembly line, or maybe a prototype to see how the case and dial came together, before choosing the case. Either way, its original factory and a lovely piece.

I own this "Heuer Sport", a Dugena PVC cased "Sport" and an Audi Sport - I'm looking for the Lemania branded version. Great watches!

watches! 0EED01B4-DFD2-4952-A548-2751EA1B2EEA.jpeg 72677251-F99A-4B1A-868E-46128C793279.jpeg 23AB0683-7FE3-4E2F-B4BA-ADB90FEB4E3F.jpeg

14. sakinaw1

sakinaw1 Feb 4, 2020

Heuer Sport in its box!

DSC00812.jpeg
  15. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 4, 2020

My guess is that this has been put together- as you say, swaping in the dial from a Heuer 510.500 into the case of either a Heuer AudiSport, or the Lemania equivalent

[​IMG]

16. Fabrizio

Fabrizio Feb 5, 2020

Agree with David - a 510.500 dial was planted in the Audi Sport case.

17. sakinaw1

sakinaw1 Feb 5, 2020

As I was not there when the watch was made I can only tell you what I know about it since I found it. The ancient watchmaker that serviced it thought it had never been opened before. It also has a perfectly matching Heuer branded bracelet/buckle. Why would anyone go to that trouble? For what? I didn't do it and it was not sold to me at a high price, it 'was found'. If the bracelet was anything but a perfect match I might think a swapped Lemania case - but its not. And its very unlikely that anyone would swap out an Audi Sport dial for the 510.500 dial. Most unlikely. Think about it... Heuer and Lemania were in upheaval. Companies/factories that are having difficulties do strange things.... Like make special edition Audi Sport's without serial numbers.... I don't know the answer but I really bet there was an extra case sitting around with one less dial. So someone put something in it. (As a related aside, I collect old Edison Phonographs, and I have so many examples of exactly this kind of thing on assembly lines that were experiencing financial issues). Regardless, its a really beautiful watch and I don't think I'll ever see another... And of course it works as Lemania 5100's do, it loses no time.....

dtf likes this.
  18. Fabrizio

Fabrizio Feb 14, 2020

You may well be right. Those were the days of the parts bin, with a bit of a mess at the company.
    Yet it may simply be the case that it was not done on purpose, but rather the original dial got damaged and since finding a replacement was nigh impossible, the easiest way out was to put in a "generic" L5100 Heuer dial: in fact this one was shared by both the 510.500 and 510.501, so likely the most common of all.
    Either way, as you write, it is a very beautiful watch and with a L5100 it's a tank too - enjoy it in good health!
    Cheers,
    Fabrizio

dtf likes this.
  19. michwir

michwir Feb 15, 2020

there are serial numbers on the movements
    normally I vote for bracelets, but that is the combo I like most, Jack H. and Walter R.
    cheers michwir

image.jpeg
    Calibre11, Albert-AMG and heuerholic like this.
  20. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 15, 2020

Now that is special...what's the story on how you got this?

Back in 2008 I was living in Hong Kong and was asked by TAG Heuer to lend my vintage collection to them for a Heuer exhibition in China that Jack Heuer was attending. I had a few nice Calibre 12 Monaco/ Autavia/ Silverstone and some 1983-85 watches (i.e. post Jack Heuer). Jack Heuer was going to choose which watches to include in the show and so I sent through a few photos. He took a look and chose all of the pre-1982 watches to show, noting that the post-1982 watches "weren't proper Heuers" :D

...So I am very interested that he signed the strap!!

SteveP, Albert-AMG and dtf like this.