<ADMIN> Fri 23rd August - Major Forum Software Upgrade & Scheduled Downtime

Agreed. A little bit of white space between individual posts would help.

E.g.
I see what's happening now.

Unviewed posts are highlighted, which makes the page look busy, especially if all the posts haven't been viewed before. But once viewed, the posts turn white, making things easier to view as a whole.

Great work guys, thanks for all the effort keeping this forum running. I really like the new look on the threads, much cleaner 😃

Wow! The mobile version that I use is absolutely fantastic. This was a nice surprise. Excellent work, and thank you all for contributing to such a useful, helpful, and informative discussion site. This forum has been a huge part of my TAG Heuer collecting journey!

Just a note on some fixes/updates that are now live:
- Fixed regression on (mobile viewport) threadlist that had links always going to latest post
- Post UI on live site content feeling slightly claustrophobic. Increased vertical padding around elements like post footer controls and post container.
- Added fix for line break differences between editor and posted content
- Fixed captcha on registration pages
- Fixed "show more" button appearing on quoted posts when it shouldn't be.
- Moved "advanced search" higher up Forums menu items list
- Fixed incorrect styling on member tiers in account -> upgrades
- Fixed appearance of deleted message notice on posts (mods only)
- Make sure FS prefix is default selection on sales posts
- Fix legacy emoji vertical alignment in post content
- Made loading avatars look cleaner on Firefox
- Fix certain post images that shouldn't be displayed inline
- Add max vertical height constraint for images in posts (viewport based)

I found another glitch. If you click on "Latest" at the top, and then click on "Unanswered", the page will be filled with threads from the Omega Forums.

I found another glitch. If you click on "Latest" at the top, and then click on "Unanswered", the page will be filled with threads from the Omega Forums.
That’s one being worked on at the moment, but might take a while to resolve

One small thing, but it bugs me....

If you're on Mobile view, and select "Latest" from the menu drop-down, you get the "Latest" comments: all good.

However, if I come back to the window a day later, I can't select "Latest" again to refresh the list, and a browser "refresh" doesn't do anything.

I have to do something like: going into a thread, just to update the drop-down menu and get a button for "Latest" again.

Not a major gripe, but a bit annoying.

If you're on Mobile view, and select "Latest" from the menu drop-down, you get the "Latest" comments: all good.

However, if I come back to the window a day later, I can't select "Latest" again to refresh the list, and a browser "refresh" doesn't do anything.

I have to do something like: going into a thread, just to update the drop-down menu and get a button for "Latest" again.

Agree with this. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but on mobile:

It's now two clicks to get to the "Latest" list instead of one click before, and both clicks are quite fiddly (drop down the "Forums" list, then select "Latest" - both quite precise clicks.

Then on the page that shows the latest posts itself, the page doesn't refresh in Mobile Chrome when you pull down on it.

It's now two clicks to get to the "Latest" list instead of one click before, and both clicks are quite fiddly (drop down the "Forums" list, then select "Latest" - both quite precise clicks.

Then on the page that shows the latest posts itself, the page doesn't refresh in Mobile Chrome when you pull down on it.
I just realised that i hadn't tried the long way around in Chrome.

Using the browser reload button seems to work

The same thing randomly happens to me too, on multiple desktop computers. In Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Haven't found the pattern yet, but it seems to happen more when I've been away for a long while on that machine.

You can also just click the "Posts" tab to refresh the page properly too, but I agree that it's not obvious or intuitive based on what we were used to:

You can also just click the "Posts" tab to refresh the page properly too, but I agree that it's not obvious or intuitive based on what we were used to:
Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. It just happened to me, where I came to the forum to see what might happened overnight -- I clicked "Latest", it came up empty, I then clicked "Posts" and the page refreshed but it was still empty (tried multiple times). So, I logged in to report the issue, and of course "Latest" works correctly when logged in.

So, it's still acting up when not logged in.

Agreed. Extra click for latest is annoying

Bill check out the Unanswered tab now, @Trev made some updates tonight

Bill check out the Unanswered tab now, @Trev made some updates tonight
Thanks! The Unanswered tab now shows only THF posts.

However, the "Latest" and "Posts" tab is still usually empty if I'm not logged in. Is that the intended behavior? Because it didn't do that before the update (I could lurk and see what's going on, and only log in if I had something to say).

However, the "Latest" and "Posts" tab is still usually empty if I'm not logged in. Is that the intended behavior? Because it didn't do that before the update (I could lurk and see what's going on, and only log in if I had something to say).
Not intended. Seems to be in intermittent issue that happens for a bit and then fixes itself😬. Seems to affect guest (logged out) users more. We're working on it.

I cant use the search function on mobile, the window is blocked by suggested threads

I cant use the search function on mobile, the window is blocked by suggested threads

There's still some refinements we want to make to search.

New round of updates out:
  • Fixed wonky UI behavior when pasting images in to editor
  • Improved appearance of uploading images
  • Added "Copy link" functionality to action menu on posts.
  • Added "Refresh" button on Latest -> Posts (when viewed on mobile)
  • Fixed layout issues with user stats getting squished in posts on Safari/iPad
  • More fixes and improvements to embedded thread links and quotes that contain embedded threads
  • Fixed content leaking between Omega Forums and TAG Heuer forums in Latest -> Unanswered threads
  • Fixed forum statistics member counts on both sites
  • Added correct logo and senders address to THF emails

More stuff added recently...
  • Fixed broken newline behavior after quotes
  • Fixed post reactions list not being available immediately after adding your own like/reaction
  • Added "more posts..." remaining post count in thread-view footer next to page controls
  • Added ARIA/accessibility features to page controls (for screen readers)
  • Fixed styling for lists in posts when using markdown syntax
  • Refined spacing around avatars in member list on forum home
  • Fixed display issues with some member cards stretching too wide
  • More styling clean-up on quotes in posts and embedded threads/posts
  • Fixed deleted thread top status block styling (for mods)
  • Enabled direct audio/video/PDF uploads
  • Increased max attachment size to 50MB

Bit of a 'me' specific problem here, but it seems that you have to wait about 2 mins between sending private messages now. Not a massive problem but a bit of a pain when there's a new watch I need to send COCO emails to five groups at once.